Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 06:18 PM

53 posts, read 24,283 times

Advertisements

The stories where stuff disappears generally doesn't sound paranormal. What's weird to me is when the stuff comes back in bizarre locations and circumstances. That's harder to explain.

I lived with my mother in a house where our personal possessions would switch places. Only happened while we lived in that house. The stranger thing that happened there was the water faucet incident. I put a glass under the faucet and before I could turn the knob the water turned on, filled my glass and then turned off. I was so freaked out that I dropped the cup and ran away.

I've had more of an issue with things appearing and I don't know where they came from. Once I got an egg from those 25 cent machines at the grocery store, and stuffed it in my pocket while I went shopping. It was a cute thing to do, at the time, I hadn't bought anything from a 25 cent machine since I was little. When I left, I reached in my pocket and there were two eggs.

Another incident, which is most likely my brain doing questionable things, happened in a second hand store. I was looking at shelves that were packed with stuff - literally, packed with trinkets. At one point, I looked down, and I was holding a life-size wooden duck. I didn't even know how it got in my hand. I didn't remember it at all... I was with someone, and I asked them if they'd seen it, or seen me pick it up, or something, and they told me no. Then I looked around for where I could have gotten it from, and could find no open space for it. Where the heck did I get a duck? Why is this duck in my hand? It was a good laugh.

I left wondering if I'd ever took things and put them down without ever discovering it. Just can't trust my own hands... so maybe that explains it all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2019, 10:37 AM

1 posts, read 1,395 times
I play scrabble with my sister or my one girlfriend whenever they are in town. We all like the game a lot. Well, one day I grabbed my scrabble game out of my storage room and opened it and found that the scrabble board was not in it. Over two years I would look for that board on occasion and both my sister and friend had no idea where it had gone to. I eventually bought another scrabble game.
Then, two years after my board had gone missing I found my board. It was in my bedroom closet. At the bottom of my closet I have one of those accordion file folders with a latch. It was in this file folder, in a back section. So, I have no idea how it got in there. I am single, over 60, and don't have people coming in and out who would pull this kind of prank. And my sister and friend love playing scrabble so would not pull an extended prank like this....they knew that game meant something to me, as it did to them because we missed out on a few games while the board was missing!!

Old 06-13-2019, 06:31 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,393,995 times
I’m wondering if charger cords and socks go to the same place. I’d really like to know where that is.

Old 07-07-2019, 03:19 PM

1 posts, read 1,268 times
this is the EXACT thing happening to my mother!!! I was hoping to find an answer or suggestion hope to make it stop

Old 07-13-2019, 08:36 PM

72 posts, read 57,185 times
Yes - I had some clothing disappear. Shame, as they were some of my most important garments, and they don't make them like that anymore.

Old 08-19-2020, 05:56 PM

1 posts, read 1,027 times
Default It's happening to me too

For me it has become incredibly weird. The objects that have disappeared are objects that we hold closely and are very important to us. I lost one of my favorite stuffed animals that I hold so closely and haven't been able to find him. My sister lost her computer, right before we entered virtual school, she had it all summer and yet it disappeared right when we were going to start. I have a vivid memory of where I left my stuffed animal before it disappeared, and it was my bed. My sister said that she left it one her desk. Now for someone to enter and rob the house is extremely hard because we live in a parcelation where there is a lot of other houses they have to pass through, including security covering the entire area. We looked all over for them and we can't find them. Maybe it's because we're not looking hard enough. But I fear that one day I will find my stuffed animal and my sister's computer in the most unexpected place, and I will get chill on my back.

Old 08-19-2020, 11:45 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,449,365 times
Surprised I never saw this thread.

Ive had a few things go missing at my place, but its normal mundane stuff, the most recent was the vacuum cleaner, before that, it was the alarm clock, which was really weird, because I went to sleep with it sitting on my night table, where it has sat the entire time Ive lived here...woke up the next morning, (late of course) and its gone.

I live alone, and I have a lock on my bedroom door too, ( I have the only key), there is no explanation for this at all.

The vacuum cleaner was nothing special, it was a few years old and I bought it at walmart for like $80, so it wasnt something desirable or valuable to steal, Id love to know where its at today though!!

Old 08-23-2020, 07:33 AM

12,664 posts, read 14,803,401 times
I've lived in my apt for several yrs & throughout the years, I've noticed I just don't see certain items anymore...I have no idea why & I don't have any pets nor visitors.

The following items & I might be forgetting another thing:

- about 3 small plastic dipping bowls
- metal spreading knife
- metal fork

I find it a little hard to think that I'd just accidentally throw them away.

Nothing else really odd happens. My apt or apt complex isn't known to be haunted, no complex employees can just enter in/out w/o my knowing, etc. that I know of.

It's puzzling to me.

Speaking of this, 1x, my bank debit card seemed to have disappeared into thin air when I was out & about & in my car & I was about to use it at my bank's outside ATM machine. I had it in my hand 1 moment & suddenly, it was just gone & I never found it & had to get a replacement. Never saw it in the crevices between my car seats. I even moved my car to check the ground thoroughly.

Old 08-23-2020, 08:40 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,449,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I've lived in my apt for several yrs & throughout the years, I've noticed I just don't see certain items anymore...I have no idea why & I don't have any pets nor visitors.

The following items & I might be forgetting another thing:

- about 3 small plastic dipping bowls
- metal spreading knife
- metal fork

I find it a little hard to think that I'd just accidentally throw them away.

Nothing else really odd happens. My apt or apt complex isn't known to be haunted, no complex employees can just enter in/out w/o my knowing, etc. that I know of.

It's puzzling to me.

Speaking of this, 1x, my bank debit card seemed to have disappeared into thin air when I was out & about & in my car & I was about to use it at my bank's outside ATM machine. I had it in my hand 1 moment & suddenly, it was just gone & I never found it & had to get a replacement. Never saw it in the crevices between my car seats. I even moved my car to check the ground thoroughly.
Ive had this happen with my driver license when I was about 17 yrs old, it happened the same exact way, I had it out of my wallet at one moment, (never got out of the car), a minute later its GONE, I tore that car apart looking for it too, it was NOT there anymore.

Old 08-23-2020, 09:54 AM

12,664 posts, read 14,803,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Ive had this happen with my driver license when I was about 17 yrs old, it happened the same exact way, I had it out of my wallet at one moment, (never got out of the car), a minute later its GONE, I tore that car apart looking for it too, it was NOT there anymore.
Isn't that something! It wasn't under the car seat either. Odd! Who knows, it might be in the crevice of the floor mat behind me. I've got quite a bit of stuff in the back seat, but I don't think so. It would be something if I finally found it still in the car somewhere these yrs later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal