Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 03:35 PM

88,569 posts, read 84,777,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutdude View Post
if the pants are there when you get home and you lose your mind, chances are it'll be in that same closet somewhere. Check the pockets of the once-missing pants.
:d
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2017, 10:58 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,496,448 times
Quite a few, a pair of scissors, a bottle opener and a shaving brush though I'm pretty sure that it was the result of misplacement rather a paranormal occurrence.

Old 08-01-2017, 11:07 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,577,283 times
I noticed food disappearing. Then one night I woke up and found my husband watching TV and pigging out.

Old 08-03-2017, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
I noticed food disappearing. Then one night I woke up and found my husband watching TV and pigging out.
Did you ever hear of those people who sleep eat? They get up, open the fridge, stuff their faces, and go back to bed without ever remembering that they did it.

One woman kept accusing her family of eating things that she was saving for another meal, and they told her, YOU eat it. You get up in the middle of the night and eat the leftovers. She got angry, and then her husband and kids put a video camera in the kitchen. Sure enough, she watched herself stumble into the kitchen, open the refrigerator, take out a bowl and stuff handfuls of cold spaghetti into her mouth and then put the bowl back and leave the room. She had no memory of it.

Old 08-03-2017, 04:04 PM

764 posts, read 1,421,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
Yes -- but I have cats. Which means the stuff they take never comes back. I lost a nice Timex watch to my late cat Seamus who was a huge thief...never did find it. He also stole glasses (which is why mine are kept in the case when they aren't on my face). Hubby never closes his glasses, which made them harder to steal, and easier to find... after you stepped on them.

I miss that little guy -- he was such a doll.
I know this post is a couple of years old. I have a cat named Seamus too! He's a 14yo orange tabby cat. We think (but are not sure) he took my youngest daughter's glasses when she was in high school. At least he got the blame for it. One Friday morning she woke up to get ready for school and no glasses. She always put them on her bedside table. We looked everywhere - under her bed, in her bedding, under, behind, and on top of her dresser, inside the drawers - no glasses. She went on to school and came home with a nasty headache. Still no glasses. We tore the house apart and looked for them all weekend. No glasses. On Sunday morning I told her that I would take her back to the eye doctor for a new pair the next day. Since she had bifocals and progressive lenses, it wasn't a cheap prescription. I was worried about how to pay for her new glasses. Later on that day, DH went to get the bedding from our bed to wash and lo and behold, her glasses were sitting in the middle of our bed. Now I KNOW they weren't there earlier and I know we didn't sleep with her glasses in the bed with us. No explanation for how they got there. There were tiny teeth marks on the frame though, so that is why we think either Seamus or Little Bit (one of our other cats) took them, but we have no clue where they were all weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

I am completely thrown by this. I searched for half an hour, missed two trains, and now I'm late for work. I know it has to be my memory at fault, but WHERE are these pants? I am terrified that I am going to get home tonight and they will be back on the hanger, because then I will know I have lost my mind.
Did you find your pants?

Another recent incident was where DH's keys disappeared for a couple of days. A couple of months ago, I was babysitting for my older daughter. Her baby was about 9 or 10 months old. DH came home and put his keys and lunch bag on the kitchen island like normal. DD came and picked up her little girl about an hour after he got home. I went into the kitchen to grab the bottle and distinctly remembering seeing his keys on the kitchen island. DD and baby went home like normal. Next morning, DH is getting ready to leave for work and no keys. We looked everywhere for them. We even looked in the fridge and freezer and microwave. He used my keys to get to work, but his keys have the office building keys on them so he does need them. All throughout the day I looked for the keys - in the couch cushions, bedroom, pants pockets, hamper, bedding, etc. Two days later, DD sends me a text with a picture asking if these were our keys. She found them in the baby's car seat. But she says she did NOT see them till that morning when she went to put the baby in the car seat to go to daycare, and she had been back and forth to work and daycare a couple of times since she left our house. She didn't go in the kitchen the night she came to pick her up and DH was playing with the baby and talking to DD while I was getting her stuff out of the kitchen. The bottle was in the drain rack next to the sink, which isn't the same counter as the kitchen island so it's not like I mistakenly grabbed his keys.

That one is a mystery!

Old 08-03-2017, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnc66 View Post
I know this post is a couple of years old. I have a cat named Seamus too! He's a 14yo orange tabby cat. We think (but are not sure) he took my youngest daughter's glasses when she was in high school. At least he got the blame for it. One Friday morning she woke up to get ready for school and no glasses. She always put them on her bedside table. We looked everywhere - under her bed, in her bedding, under, behind, and on top of her dresser, inside the drawers - no glasses. She went on to school and came home with a nasty headache. Still no glasses. We tore the house apart and looked for them all weekend. No glasses. On Sunday morning I told her that I would take her back to the eye doctor for a new pair the next day. Since she had bifocals and progressive lenses, it wasn't a cheap prescription. I was worried about how to pay for her new glasses. Later on that day, DH went to get the bedding from our bed to wash and lo and behold, her glasses were sitting in the middle of our bed. Now I KNOW they weren't there earlier and I know we didn't sleep with her glasses in the bed with us. No explanation for how they got there. There were tiny teeth marks on the frame though, so that is why we think either Seamus or Little Bit (one of our other cats) took them, but we have no clue where they were all weekend.

Did you find your pants?

Another recent incident was where DH's keys disappeared for a couple of days. A couple of months ago, I was babysitting for my older daughter. Her baby was about 9 or 10 months old. DH came home and put his keys and lunch bag on the kitchen island like normal. DD came and picked up her little girl about an hour after he got home. I went into the kitchen to grab the bottle and distinctly remembering seeing his keys on the kitchen island. DD and baby went home like normal. Next morning, DH is getting ready to leave for work and no keys. We looked everywhere for them. We even looked in the fridge and freezer and microwave. He used my keys to get to work, but his keys have the office building keys on them so he does need them. All throughout the day I looked for the keys - in the couch cushions, bedroom, pants pockets, hamper, bedding, etc. Two days later, DD sends me a text with a picture asking if these were our keys. She found them in the baby's car seat. But she says she did NOT see them till that morning when she went to put the baby in the car seat to go to daycare, and she had been back and forth to work and daycare a couple of times since she left our house. She didn't go in the kitchen the night she came to pick her up and DH was playing with the baby and talking to DD while I was getting her stuff out of the kitchen. The bottle was in the drain rack next to the sink, which isn't the same counter as the kitchen island so it's not like I mistakenly grabbed his keys.

That one is a mystery!
The pants were on one of the multi-hangers in the closet, the one that in the morning I swear had just the gray on it. I went through that closet several times. I don't know how I missed them, but that's what had to have happened.

Old 08-14-2017, 11:30 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,101,550 times
Yes, most recently a strainer for my kitchen sink. I went to work on Friday, it was on the counter by the sink. I came back home and it was gone. I can't find it anywhere. That has happened with things like hair combs, my turbie twist towel for my hair, etc. They usually appear again in a couple months. It's weird.

Old 08-20-2017, 09:18 PM

1 posts, read 1,200 times
Default Am I going nuts

Ok....I signed up here just to get this off my chest. I had an experience about 4 years ago where my child's stuffed animal went missing from his crib and he wouldn't let us leave until we found it. After about 20 minutes and already late for the doctors appointment, I gave it one last try. With my wife and crying son in the car, I ran into the house and up the stairs. Just as I approached his open bedroom door in a full sprint, I slammed on the brakes and froze. There in the middle of his floor, was his green stuffed animal. Me and my wife were in and out of this room a dozen times looking for this stupid animal and suddenly, sitting right side up, facing the door looking right up at me, was this damn green Dragon. I had blamed my wife for finding it and placing it there for me to find, however....(1) I was the last one in the room while she brought him out to the car and (2) she would never have allowed him to cry and scream just to play a joke on me.

Fast forward to last Oct... My wife takes a business card off the side of the refrigerator and places it next to the phone to call the number on the card. I ask her for help in the next room before she can dial and when she returns to the phone 5 minutes later, NO CARD! We spent a good 30 minutes looking for this card. It was an important call that needed to be made. Me and my wife were the only ones in the house and she only went from the one room to the other. We ended up tearing up both rooms and nothing. My wife then left to pick up the kids and I went down to the basement to find a flashlight so I could continue my search under furniture and baseboards. I turned on the lights in the basement and "BAM", the card was sitting in the middle of my shop table! It was a completely different room, on a different level, where my wife NOR the card, were that day. WTF?

Now last week we pack up for vacation and I bring my shaver up from the downstairs bathroom to be put in the luggage. I place it on the sofa next to the toiletries bag and run back down to make sure the doors are all locked. I return to the sofa and place the shaver in the bag. We get to the hotel after a five hour drive and unpack. NO FREAKING SHAVER!!!! I'm being ridiculed and teased about losing my mind and getting old ( I'm 45) but I KNOW I packed it in the bag. We return home tonight and I have looked everywhere and NO shaver to be found. Where did it GO?????? My son suggested that it must be the same "ghost" that stole his book last month and kept him from completely his summer book report. I'm starting to believe him....

Am I going insane? What is going on?

Old 08-20-2017, 10:03 PM

81 posts, read 64,400 times
A lot of activities from simple to complex, can be performed while sleepwalking. Mundane as it is, I think sleepwalking is the first possibility that would explain these mystical occurrences.

Old 08-21-2017, 12:10 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,483,779 times
yes...happens a lot.especially after my daughter turned 1!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal