Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 06:25 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,808,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwestsnow009 View Post
I recently have noticed that items in my house are disappearing from the exact spot where I last had them. Ill give you a good and recent example.

My laptop cord vanished from my bedroom at night, even though I know EXACTLY where I last put it and have a very distinct memory of bringing it up there. I know for certain because I had to come back downstairs to get it and pull the couch out a bit to reach the outlet and unplug it. I went back upstairs, did some school work, turned it off, put it on my closet shelf and went to bed. Woke up the next morning, the laptop was there but the cord was gone. Simply gone. It was nowhere in the house. vanished. I looked EVERYWHERE for days. Gone with no explanation. I instantly knew this was something totally paranormal because I had JUST USED IT!!! 3 or 4 days went by, no cord! Mind you I currently am alone in my house (parents are overseas) with my 12 month old daughter who was knocked out sleeping between the times in which it vanished.

I also noticed my daughters special shoes disappeared. They are a special pair that are designed for little walkers, she wears them everyday and they are kept in the SAME place. Those were gone too. Just gone.

After not being able to use my laptop for a few days really started to anger me and become an issue. I looked up object disappearance because I just knew it had nothing to do with me...I read that I should demand outloud that the entinity/poltergiest return my property...So I did...and within minutes(literally) my laptop cord appeared wedged behind an end table and recliner in the corner of the living room (which I happened to see because I was setting up a play tent for my daughter in the living room) It was slightly wrapped up and totally hiding. This was so freaking scary I didnt even go pick it up for a good hour! IM NOT DONE!! Her shoes appeared RIGHT after that...in my purse!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could not believe this happened!!! I am totally disturbed by this!

I said outloud "PLease return my laptop cord and my daughters shoes. I need these items and I dont appreciate them being taken from me. Thank you." Boom!! There was my stuff. It was creepy, like someting heard me and returned my items to weird places.

Is this real? I just have zero explanation for how these things appeared in these spots. Like I said, i currently live alone with my 12 month old so I dont know how this happend. I am an atheist, but I guses now I am starting to believe that there is at least some type of other dimension.

Any information would be hepful!
That's pretty easy. This is a child that is scoring for not taking time with your child ( in the mind) and wants you off the computer and is forcing you to buy new shoes for your child-- or to go to a shoe place and forcing you to be active. It doesn't sound like a spirit, or if it is, the spirit sounds like a child, or an owner of an old shoe shop, or possibly a nanny that has passed. I think someone was a drowning victim. Do you live by a creek or something or some river?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2014, 07:23 PM

2,898 posts, read 6,346,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adams_aj View Post
Socks. In the dryer. Poof!

The rest of you: stop buying the Two Buck Chuck at Trader Joe's!
You have fairies in your dryer?

Old 05-31-2014, 07:38 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,132,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I've noticed that since our kids moved out, things don't seem to move around like they used to. In particular, I've noticed that twenty dollar bills stay in my purse longer.
Ditto!

Old 05-31-2014, 10:08 PM

22,451 posts, read 11,972,828 times
I've had things like this happen before.

When I was out of college and on my own for the first time, a friend and I got an apartment together. I had gotten a part-time job where I was required to wear a skirt to work. I bought a pair of panty hose that were almost like support hose as I was on my feet much of my work shift. After a shift, I took them off and left them on top of some books by my dresser. Later I went to get them to wash them and they were gone. I tore my room apart. Back then, I didn't own much of anything so if I had misplaced them, it should have been easy to find them. I never did find them. My roommate hadn't seen them either. I know that she didn't take them because 1) I was short and chubby while she was tall and skinny so they never would have fit her and 2) she rarely, if ever, got dressed up.

Then, while living in the same apartment, I came back one day and locked the door. When I was ready to go out again a little while later, I couldn't find my keys. Again, I tore the place apart. Finally, I concluded that I must have left them in the lock and someone stole them. Although, not much time elapsed between when I first entered and was leaving again. It's not like me to leave keys in a lock as I'm very careful about that. Those keys never did show up.
---------------
OP---Here's a thought---try to sage the place. You don't have to get sage and burn it as it is sold in a spray form. You can find some at a new age-y place. It can't hurt to try this and it might even help.

Old 06-04-2014, 11:51 PM

732 posts, read 968,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Happens to me a lot, put something down and come back sometime later and its not there its just gone come back sometime later and its sitting there right where i left it, it happens so often i just refer to it as dimensional shifting
The same has happened to me & my sister a lot of times. It confuses the heck out of us.

Old 06-05-2014, 08:22 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,823,278 times
Things disappear in my house all the time. I can't be certain that an otherworldly force is at work though...

Old 06-05-2014, 08:25 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
Mischievous spirits.

Old 06-06-2014, 04:24 PM

152 posts, read 457,894 times
This is an interesting topic. I am a distracted and forgetful person by nature and therefore don't usually think it's a big deal when something goes missing, as I usually find it later (of course when I'm NOT looking for it).

But in a previous home that I lived in, only one time I had a very bizarre experience of losing something and it turned up in such a strange place that to this day I am certain some otherworldy force was responsible. At the time, I used to wear two different gold rings (one on each hand) ALL the time, except for taking them off when washing dishes. Occasionally I would forget them on the window sill above the kitchen sink, and go back to retrieve them once I realized I didn't have them on. One day I noticed I didn't have them on, and I went to the windowsill, but they weren't there (the window was always locked and there were burglar bars on every door and window in the house). Then I checked the bathroom counters, my nightstand, dresser, every place in the house I could think of, and could not find them. They had great sentimental value, and I started to panic, wondering where they could be. I knew I had had them on the day before, and I had not left the house since then, so my family (just my parents and adult sister) even went through the garbage cans in the house looking for these rings! Then, a few days later, my sister and I were going to head out to go shopping, and she went to grab her shoes from the foyer. She was both thrilled and puzzled (and a little horrified) to find each of my two rings neatly placed in the center of each of her shoes.

It was the weirdest thing, and we still wonder why that was done. We did hear that a 3-year-old boy who used to live in the house had been hit by a car in the street out in front of the house many years before my family bought it . . . maybe it was just a toddler spirit's mischief??

Old 06-07-2014, 11:19 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,976,233 times
Once my mom lost a pair of sunglasses, and they were Gucci so they were kind of important. She looked everywhere for them - everywhere. And my mom is not an irresponsible person at all, she puts things away right away, hates when things are laying out and cluttering the space. She hangs up her jacket after she's worn it, places her shoes back into her closet, even if she is going to wear them again the next day, stuff like that. She's kind of obsessed with things being in their place and not laying around.

One day, months later, I was sitting in the computer room (on the computer). We have a big desk with an attached bookshelf that comes about 2 feet from the ceiling. Suddenly, a picture frame up there fell out of nowhere. Stuff up there never falls, I actually forget there is even stuff up there, and nothing happened to cause it to fall. Nothing shook, no doors were slammed, etc. I was sitting there and it fell. So I stood up on the chair. There, beside the fallen frame, were my mom's glasses, just sitting there. I was baffled, and still am.

I have no idea who put them up there, way above anyone's reach without standing on something, no one in my family owned up to it. And I have no idea why that frame suddenly fell, only for me to pick it up and find the missing glasses right beside it.

Old 03-12-2015, 04:32 AM

1 posts, read 94,190 times
Default Disappearing Medication -- Help

For about the last three months, medication locked securely in our small safe has disappeared. My husband & I take the same medication. 90 pills brought home from the pharmacy are his, and 75 mine. About 5 will be left in each of our bottles the next day. It's baffling. There is really no way to get any more until the next month, so we have been going without, which isn't good for our health. What doctor is going to believe "A ghost stole my meds,"? I have occasionally seen (about 4 times in the last 5 years) dark, indistinct forms which disappear a few seconds after I notice them. I haven't seen one in at least 3 years, but was wondering if these forms could have anything to do with the odd disappearances. What is really strange, is that if I put some in my purse pill case they aren't touched. No other medication disappears, just this one particular kind. We live with my elderly mother-in-law as general caretakers. Absolutely, she hasn't touched them, she never goes into our bedroom where the safe is located, and wouldn't have the faintest idea of how to open it if she did, besides which, she is very short and would have to take a ladder into our bedroom to reach the safe..

I really don't know what I'm dealing with here, so any ideas about how to stop this would be most welcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal