Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2016, 07:54 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times

Advertisements

My food gets shuffled to the back of the freezer or fridge or gets moved to other shelves. Then when I look for it, its gone and I have to "mount an expedition" as I put it, to find it. Sometimes I don't find it. This morning it was fire roasted peppers. It was right there on the front of the basket in the freezer. Last week it was frozen pancakes. Yesterday it was hush puppies. Or maybe there's someone living in the attic......
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2016, 08:56 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,529,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
I was talking to our yard worker the other day and this subject came up. He said they found a stash of all sorts of missing objects underneath the house. The culprit was a pack rat. We live in a rural area.
The person who related the story above said they found what looked like 10 -15 years worth of stuff under their house. I had no idea rats could do that.

But we also had things come up missing. Too many things would come up missing. It was spooky at first. Then I thought we have a burglar. Our nearest neighbor is about a 1/4 mile away. I thought it HAD to be their teenage son.

I had a brand new Harry Potter DVD and it simply disappeared! I thought it was our house keeper at one time. We live rural and I would have bet someone was breaking into our house, except we rarely leave the house.

The ultimate came when we had two antique guns go missing. I went to all the pawn shops in the area and nothing was found. Then 3 months later the guns reappeared. They were sitting on top of the dresser. Now, I KNOW we never left them lying there.

Old 07-17-2016, 10:08 AM

11,103 posts, read 9,744,154 times
This is so strange to me. When we moved cross country, I packed my MIL's silverware chest in a cardboard box with some other stuff from the cupboard where they were stored. Months later when we emptied our storage unit and unpacked all the boxes, the silver was gone. Now I know that no one went into the unit because we had the only key and the stuff we packed in there was stacked floor to ceiling and when we opened the unit it was stacked just as we left it. Nothing else was missing. There were other, more valuable, objects clearly visible in the storage unit and those were not taken. Now after moving into my house and all was fine, a year or so later, I go to use my cast iron skillet and it's gone. I've used it several times since I moved here, but now it's no where to be found. I've turned the kitchen and the pantry and even the laundry room upside down and can't find an 11 inch skillet weighing over 5 pounds. It's unexplainable, since I live here with only my hubby who doesn't cook. The silver was valuable, but I think I'm more mad about the skillet.

Old 07-17-2016, 01:23 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,341,511 times
Folks let me assure you that it doesn't get better with age. When you can't blame it on spirits, poltergeists, pack rats, children or earthquakes, it's probably just dying brain cells.

Old 07-18-2016, 05:12 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,529,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
Folks let me assure you that it doesn't get better with age. When you can't blame it on spirits, poltergeists, pack rats, children or earthquakes, it's probably just dying brain cells.
Boy, you've got that right! My memory is horrible. It's even worse for my godfather who has dementia. He has lost his wallet 3 times. I took everything out of it except some things that were valueless. It is missing and has been missing for 6 months.

It will show up. In the cupboard or in the fridge.

Old 07-18-2016, 08:54 AM

11,103 posts, read 9,744,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Boy, you've got that right! My memory is horrible. It's even worse for my godfather who has dementia. He has lost his wallet 3 times. I took everything out of it except some things that were valueless. It is missing and has been missing for 6 months.

It will show up. In the cupboard or in the fridge.
I understand this one! My MIL is now in the assisted living nearby, due to dementia. She started losing her wallet about every 3 days. We finally took the wallet away and told her we're "holding it for her". Now she carries her purse around but the only thing in there is Tic-Tacs and Kleenex.

I have to fess up here. I started thinking about that cast iron skillet that went missing and went on another hunt for it. Guess what? I found it behind the baking pans. Kitchen clueless hubby put it away in the wrong place and I couldn't see to the back of that cupboard That's one mystery solved.

Old 07-19-2016, 12:30 PM

5,449 posts, read 4,043,852 times
I acquired a quilting hoop and brought it home. It was about 2' x 1', oval. Went to use it about a month later, could not find it anywhere. This is a 750 s.f. house with just me and older husband living there. Looked EVERYWHERE, several times. Could not find it . Started to doubt I had actually brought it home. A few weeks later, going up to the attic, there it was. I know I did not put it there, husband never even opened the hatch to the attic.

That was just one of many things that went missing. Some were never found. Lot of weird activity in that house, not an old house but an old farm property.

Old 07-19-2016, 06:02 PM

4,184 posts, read 3,397,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northwestsnow009 View Post
I recently have noticed that items in my house are disappearing from the exact spot where I last had them. Ill give you a good and recent example.

My laptop cord vanished from my bedroom at night, even though I know EXACTLY where I last put it and have a very distinct memory of bringing it up there. I know for certain because I had to come back downstairs to get it and pull the couch out a bit to reach the outlet and unplug it. I went back upstairs, did some school work, turned it off, put it on my closet shelf and went to bed. Woke up the next morning, the laptop was there but the cord was gone. Simply gone. It was nowhere in the house. vanished. I looked EVERYWHERE for days. Gone with no explanation. I instantly knew this was something totally paranormal because I had JUST USED IT!!! 3 or 4 days went by, no cord! Mind you I currently am alone in my house (parents are overseas) with my 12 month old daughter who was knocked out sleeping between the times in which it vanished.

I also noticed my daughters special shoes disappeared. They are a special pair that are designed for little walkers, she wears them everyday and they are kept in the SAME place. Those were gone too. Just gone.

After not being able to use my laptop for a few days really started to anger me and become an issue. I looked up object disappearance because I just knew it had nothing to do with me...I read that I should demand outloud that the entinity/poltergiest return my property...So I did...and within minutes(literally) my laptop cord appeared wedged behind an end table and recliner in the corner of the living room (which I happened to see because I was setting up a play tent for my daughter in the living room) It was slightly wrapped up and totally hiding. This was so freaking scary I didnt even go pick it up for a good hour! IM NOT DONE!! Her shoes appeared RIGHT after that...in my purse!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could not believe this happened!!! I am totally disturbed by this!

I said outloud "PLease return my laptop cord and my daughters shoes. I need these items and I dont appreciate them being taken from me. Thank you." Boom!! There was my stuff. It was creepy, like someting heard me and returned my items to weird places.

Is this real? I just have zero explanation for how these things appeared in these spots. Like I said, i currently live alone with my 12 month old so I dont know how this happend. I am an atheist, but I guses now I am starting to believe that there is at least some type of other dimension.

Any information would be hepful!

You have Borrowers.

Old 07-23-2016, 01:28 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,567,541 times
A package of coffee filters, over and over, the last 3 places we've lived. I'd remove a few of them and set them near the coffee pot and when I needed more I'd go to the ''special place'' in the cupboard where I'd place them so they'd never go missing again-and YEP! No where to be found.
This happens over and over and has for years.

Old 07-23-2016, 05:26 PM

22,451 posts, read 11,972,828 times
A few months back, the gas bill went missing. It came in the mail that day, my husband opened it and as it is our habit to do so, he wrote the amount owed and the due date on the front of the envelope. Then he put it in between the railings on the banister on the staircase that leads to the second floor. A while later, I was heading upstairs and planned to bring the bill to our home office---and it wasn't there! My husband remembers seeing it, opening it, writing on it and putting it on the staircase. I remember seeing it there and making a note to myself to take it upstairs.

Well...we both searched. I thought that maybe I had grabbed it and absentmindedly placed it elsewhere. So I traced my steps. When he opens the mail, he has a pile for things that come in the mail that he wants to set aside and look at later. We also keep a bag for items that need shredding. He thoroughly searched those places---he even looked in the trash. We never did find it!

At least, he was able to print a copy of the bill by going to their website, so it did get paid on time. I keep thinking that it will show up in some odd place but so far---nothing. Lately, we've been cleaning and purging things but still no sign of it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal