Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2019, 01:09 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,440,634 times

Advertisements

I read this on NUFORC...

Piqua, Ohio, Monday, July 15, 2019, @ 8:25 p.m. (EDT)—An adult male, who describes himself as a very experienced engineer, and who occupies a very responsible position in the aviation industry, describes the sighting of a most bizarre looking object, which he alleges to have seen hovering over his backyard, and which he surmises may have be a “portal.” Almost as quickly as the witness first became aware of the presence of the object, it zipped out of his sight. His impression is that the object caused light distortion along its trailing edge, as it suddenly accelerated and streaked off. The witness was emotionally shocked by the event, and has thought about it for the past two months! ((NUFORC Note: We spoke via telephone with the witness, and we found him to be exceptionally eloquent and serious-minded. That fact, combined with his technical background as an experienced engineer, strongly suggests that he probably is an exceptionally skilled, and reliable, eyewitness. PD))

During the early evening of July 15, 2019, as dusk approached I witnessed in my backyard what I can only describe as a “hole” in the fabric of space. It was a quick event, but long enough for me to observe and mentally register the event. When I saw it, I was unnerved to the point I left the area rather quickly, but the next morning I took a photograph from the observational vantage point and doctored it in PowerPoint to capture what I saw.

The Event: I had my head down, dragging a pressurized water hose out to the garden. As I ame around the corner of the house, I looked up and observed what is shown in the image. It was about 15 to 18 ft away from me and appeared as a black hole in space, infinitely deep. It hung there for a moment, then suddenly zipped to the right at a high rate of speed, disappearing behind the building shown in the photo. I stood there stuned for a moment, and then quickly moved forward to look around the corner of the building. There was nothing unusual to be seen.

Description: As it moved to the right, there was a bit of optical distortion along the left edge. That is, as it moved the edge itself remained sharp, but the view of the world adjacent to the edge was somewhat wavy, like looking through optical refraction you might see from hot air coming off a sun-baked road. It did not change size or shape as it moved and disappeared from my field of view behind the building. There was no sound or air movement as it moved away. It was not flat in space, rather the equivalent of a twisted trapezoid sheet opening. All of the edges were sharp and well-defined. As shown, there were a few sparkles of light in the lower right hand corner, similar to stars but bluer in color. There were a few pinpoints of light that were brighter than those shown, but the overall size and intensity is basically correct.

The image I put together is not perfect, however it is a very close, solid representation of what I saw. Nothing however can capture the infinite depth or blackness observed through the opening.

This is he

T

Attached Thumbnails
Very strange report from Ohio-image001.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2019, 02:21 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,026,871 times
that actually does sound pretty weird.

Old 09-19-2019, 06:23 PM

23,534 posts, read 69,968,609 times
Head down, looked up, wavy edge of black area, sparkles, no movement or indication of change in the actual environment. That is a decent description of an optical migraine.

Old 09-19-2019, 07:15 PM

5,463 posts, read 9,598,031 times
It looks like the prison dimension known as... The Phantom Zone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u3eQc_rx54

Old 09-19-2019, 08:48 PM

27,537 posts, read 15,961,225 times
That's creepy.

Old 09-20-2019, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
Head down, looked up, wavy edge of black area, sparkles, no movement or indication of change in the actual environment. That is a decent description of an optical migraine.
He said it did move, it went around the corner of the building, where he tried to follow it, but it was gone.

I think I would have tried to throw something into/ at the object, (like the hose, or a rock) see if it passes thru it or vanishes, or...? Seriously though, I would probably be scared out of mind if I saw this and was that close to it, if it had moved toward him, he may have found himself 'somewhere else', with no way of getting back home!

Old 09-20-2019, 09:52 PM

12,651 posts, read 9,158,136 times
Well, one thing's for sure ... it's strange.

Old 09-21-2019, 11:10 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,902,842 times
The only thing I can think of as a possible logical explanation (other than some sort of weird hallucination) is: an afterimage of an angled rectangular area shining in the sun. If he looked to the right it might appear to go around the corner, and his eyes might have recovered by the time he looked around the corner. But an afterimage wouldn't appear solid and that wouldn't explain the weird edge effects.

Or maybe an afterimage (rectangular area) combined with the onset of an ocular migraine episode (edge effects and sparkling) as harry chickpea suggests (looking at a bright light is a potential trigger for an ocular migraine). If it was not a hallucination or after image, I think it's both weird and disturbing.

Old 09-21-2019, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
The only thing I can think of as a possible logical explanation (other than some sort of weird hallucination) is: an afterimage of an angled rectangular area shining in the sun. If he looked to the right it might appear to go around the corner, and his eyes might have recovered by the time he looked around the corner. But an afterimage wouldn't appear solid and that wouldn't explain the weird edge effects.

Or maybe an afterimage (rectangular area) combined with the onset of an ocular migraine episode (edge effects and sparkling) as harry chickpea suggests (looking at a bright light is a potential trigger for an ocular migraine). If it was not a hallucination or after image, I think it's both weird and disturbing.
Yes, its very weird and disturbing, Plus the guy noticed some details inside the rectangle, the way he described it, it sounded like he was looking at outer space (stars).

I would think if some kind of migraine was involved, he would have mentioned that, and probably would have experienced something like this before, it also says he was looking at the ground as he walked (not looking at something intensely bright)

I dont think Ive ever seen a report like this, but it makes you wonder, some say this world we live in, is just a 'mirage' and not real at all, maybe he got a glimpse of a 'glitch in the matrix' (for lack of a better word! )lol

Old 09-21-2019, 01:06 PM

2,429 posts, read 2,426,717 times
I'd train a surveillance camera where it appeared. Weird things have been known to reappear in the same spot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal