Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 10:23 AM

24,296 posts, read 16,970,291 times

Advertisements

Hello
I always thought that the incidents of Sept. 11 2001 were a bit fishy and if our Gov wasn't involved they allowed it to happen.
Last night I watched a rather compelling documentary called "911 in Plane site" They concentrated on the Pentagon and what they said made sense. In the early photos and video from the site the hole was only approx. 16x14 and there was no wreckage at all? The fire was intense but no where near what we saw at the twin towers It was very odd yet compelling. They also had interviews with eraly responders and witnesses to the twin tower crashes and they said that they heard a series of explosions and the planes that crashed didn't have any windows? Once again very odd.
With what we now know about how far our Gov. will go to cover up a story and how much the media is in their back pockets it is plausible that the Bush administration was involved. If they were it would make everything that Obama has pulled so far seem like a joke.
I wonder if the truth will ever come out? or with time people will not care to hear it.

Your thoughts?

Old 06-06-2014, 11:05 AM

1,225 posts, read 2,412,125 times
Any dissenting view from the official gov report is considered consipacy theory todd. But hey it is a bit fishy, so what.

Old 06-06-2014, 11:49 AM

542 posts, read 1,676,521 times
We will never know the true story about what really happened that day.

Old 06-06-2014, 01:55 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,772,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Hello
I always thought that the incidents of Sept. 11 2001 were a bit fishy and if our Gov wasn't involved they allowed it to happen.
Last night I watched a rather compelling documentary called "911 in Plane site" They concentrated on the Pentagon and what they said made sense. In the early photos and video from the site the hole was only approx. 16x14 and there was no wreckage at all? The fire was intense but no where near what we saw at the twin towers It was very odd yet compelling. They also had interviews with eraly responders and witnesses to the twin tower crashes and they said that they heard a series of explosions and the planes that crashed didn't have any windows? Once again very odd.
With what we now know about how far our Gov. will go to cover up a story and how much the media is in their back pockets it is plausible that the Bush administration was involved. If they were it would make everything that Obama has pulled so far seem like a joke.
I wonder if the truth will ever come out? or with time people will not care to hear it.

Your thoughts?
There are too many things that challenge logic about what and how the events could have taken place in the way the “official” report attempts to explain them. Too many unanswered questions to provide an acceptable explanation.

Old 06-07-2014, 10:23 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,638,752 times
As I watched that aweful event unfold....I was nervous, sad, shocked and angry.
Nervous because there was a United flight involved and my mother was a flight attendant for United. I kept waiting to hear if the plane was a domestic flight or international.
Sad for the innocent people and their families...
Shocked to see things unfold that just did not make any sense what so ever. The biggest shock, how the towers fell. I'm no explosive or demolitions expert, but to see those super tall buildings fall in a pancake style...the second I saw it, I thought it was a controlled demolition.
Next is the plane at the Pentagon. I've read a few books on plane crashes, my mom's books, and the wreckage was not consistant with all other crashes.
Angry because I just knew this was a BS set up.

Old 06-07-2014, 12:15 PM

15,633 posts, read 26,134,497 times
I'm from Pittsburgh PA with lots of family there. I was in a panic because Flight 93 was reported to have crashed in Pittsburgh. Then outside of Pittsburgh. Then in Somerset County (more relatives). By the time they announced Shanksville, they also knew it hit in a large field so no one on the ground was lost -- I was pretty wrung out with phone calls flying back and forth.

Then a few people I knew had people they lost.

I'm not sure about the Pentagon thing, because it's the Pentagon and heck yeah -- there's going to be lots of secrecy there, but I don't see anything here that points to a conspiracy. The reason the World Trade Center went down is those planes were loaded with jet fuel for long flights ahead. The fuel ran down the interior of the building, burning all the way. Jet fuel burn temp is like 2000 degrees and that melted the interior structures of the building, which created that controlled collapse look.

I don't think the taking down of the Towers was in the intended effect of the terrorists, it was a fortunate for them unintended mistake.

And yeah -- my husband thinks it was a conspiracy, too.

Old 06-07-2014, 01:11 PM

88,111 posts, read 83,961,306 times
For what it's worth--and in my experience, I know it's not worth anything to people who desperately, passionately, want the WTC collapse to have been a controlled demolition, but since I "know" some of you on here from being on this forum all these years I will offer it--I worked for 20 years with the engineers at the World Trade Center, including with people who were there for the original construction, and as most of you are aware, I was in One WTC on September 11, 2001 and returned to work several weeks later to get contracts out that effectuated the cleanup and eventually, the rebuilding.

Contrary to the popular belief of those who desperately, passionately, want the WTC collapse to have been a controlled demolition, the cleanup and investigation at Fresh Kills and with NIST did not take place in some sort of bizarro situation whereby the US Government swooped down on lower Manhattan, cordoned off everything to everyone but themselves, and then conducted a fraudulent investigation in a vacuum with no other parties involved. The federal presence was there, but a minority. The NIST report was reviewed in draft form by independent engineers both within and outside the US before it was published in final form. Thousands of non-governmental engineers and contractors worked at the site and at Fresh Kills to recover and analyze the debris. There has never been any evidence found of explosives used, and the structural and civil engineering community overall agrees on the collapse sequence and causes presented in the NIST report.

There's also the part, extremely bizarre to me perhaps because of the twenty years I spent in the buildings overseeing office space, asbestos-removal and other construction contracts, where people think that in a known terrorist target building that had been attacked once before, and where you couldn't get a friggin' PIZZA delivered to your floor because of the security rules, that a group bearing the equipment and materials needed to wire a 110-story building for demolition could just merrily prance on in and start their dastardly work without anyone noticing, asking questions, or being seen on the huge CCTV system that was monitored by about a dozen people 24/7 in the Security Control Center. Hell, I once sent a guy to one of our floors to repair a stand-alone AC unit and I got a call from the front-desk receptionist to verify that he was supposed to be on her floor and allowed access to the closet where the unit was.

I could go on, if you've got all day. I've got a coworker who died in the Cornell Burn Unit in late October because she was caught in the fireball that shot down the elevator shafts and through the lobby, where she was walking, yet so many will claim that there was no jet fuel fire. I can tell you that the building slammed to the side so hard at impact that people fell on the floor and it felt as if it was going over and that you could feel the building leaning when you were in the staircase and you could hear the sound of the steel and knew it didn't sound like it was supposed to, and if you don't know what I mean by that then you don't know anything about the World Trade Center.

And I can tell you that watching it on a video tells you nothing at all--it looks like a cartoon to me when I see 9/11 videos compared to the hell that it really looked like that day up close and personal and not shot from a TV camera located at the safety of a half-mile away. But people are going to believe what they desperately, passionately want to believe for whatever their reasons.

I have no knowledge of what persons in our government knew or didn't know in advance or let happen or didn't let happen. I would not be shocked to learn that was the case. I'm pretty sure that a bunch of people sitting in out in the cornfield states haven't accurately figured it all out by watching videos on their computers, either. Some of them don't even seem to have bothered to educate themselves as to the basic details of the events of the day, yet they declare themselves experts on the "conspiracy". And they don't want to learn, which is just sad because there are so many stories of sadness and triumph in the reality of what happened that day, and they get lost in the cacophony of the nonsense sometimes.

I do know that certain factions of our government at least certainly took advantage of the events of the day to work things in their favor whether it was as devastating as to garner support for invading countries or as everyday-political as to try and get their hands into the rebuilding to boost their own public image, and to me, that's horror in and of itself, but it's also to be expected. This is what power and greed does.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 06-07-2014 at 01:20 PM..

Old 06-07-2014, 02:03 PM

5,836 posts, read 5,231,785 times
It was about a week before that awful day when I sent a letter to the editor of our local paper. I said that Pres. Bush wanted a war with Iraq. They didn't print the letter because 911 happened before they had a chance to.

Like so many, I spent that terrible day in shock and glued to the t.v. I was also in a bit of panic because my dad & (not yet) step-son were living in D.C. My (not yet) step-daughter was staying with us at the time and I told her to call her brother. She couldn't get through. I tried to call my dad and again, I couldn't get through. The phone lines to D.C. were disrupted. It wasn't until that evening that we finally heard from my step-son and I asked him to call my dad-which he did and my dad called me. I felt relieved that our family was untouched by this horror-but yet, so many families were.

I said on that day that Bush now had his war. I believed then and I STILL believe now that Bush KNEW that al-Qaeda was going to attack us-even if he didn't know where or when. This was before I knew about the presidential daily briefing on Aug. 6th that stated, "Bin Laden determined to strike in U.S." His administration did nothing and allowed it happen. He figured if al-Qaeda attacked us, he could use that as an excuse to go to war with Iraq (which he did do). He just didn't know how horrific that attack would be.

What really cracks me up is that the neocons have been saying that Bush had kept us safe-they seemed to have conveniently forgotten about the worse attack this country has ever had!

Cat

Old 06-07-2014, 05:32 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,638,752 times
Quote:
I have no knowledge of what persons in our government knew or didn't know in advance or let happen or didn't let happen.
Not to debate one way or another; but here is a 'recap' from an article that ran in the SF newspaper. CNN.com - U.S. warned in 1995 of plot to hijack planes, attack buildings - September 18, 2001

Old 06-07-2014, 08:47 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,661,204 times
Take a look sometime, at the World Trade Center building seven. 48 story building that collapsed at freefall speed and wasn't hit by anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal