Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 12:38 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,947,168 times

Advertisements

Many years ago, I left my kids in the car while I ran across the street to the convenience store to pick up a gallon of milk. Halfway across the street, I realized I had forgotten my purse in the car and turned back around to get it. My son had somehow moved the gear shift lever and the car was rolling backwards down the hill, with my hysterically crying children in it.

Out of the blue, a young man dressed all in white appeared near the car, opened the drivers side door and stepped on the brake as it was moving, and somehow got the gear shift back in park. I ran to comfort my kids and when I turned around to thank him, he was gone. Traffic around us was moving like nothing happened, and there was absolutely no trace of him anywhere. I am convinced he was a guardian angel and saved my kids lives.

I recently read an article written by a couple who had been helped out of a dangerous situation by a stranger who appeared out of nowhere and disappeared without a trace. They also believed their stranger was a guardian angel.

Has anyone else experienced something like this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2014, 01:29 PM

5,718 posts, read 7,259,799 times
I thought it was pretty funny when Curtis Sliwa claimed that he'd been abducted by Washington, D.C., police and thrown into the Potomac River "like a sack of potatoes".

Old 06-17-2014, 01:43 PM

3,973 posts, read 5,167,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
I thought it was pretty funny when Curtis Sliwa claimed that he'd been abducted by Washington, D.C., police and thrown into the Potomac River "like a sack of potatoes".
LOL. Not to threadjack, but a buddy of mine back in the mid 80's socked Sliwa in the mouth when Sliwa threw his knife into the Spokane River.

Old 06-17-2014, 07:02 PM

311 posts, read 467,341 times
A few years ago my husband and I were traveling on a major highway (3 lanes). Trucks and cars all doing 70 miles an hour. When our car just stopped, we were in the far left lane. The only thing to do was to pull over to the right lane. For just those few minutes it took to get our car over there. There was NO traffic. We were so lucky. Don't know if it was a guardian angel...but it sure did feel like it.

Old 06-17-2014, 08:14 PM

15,638 posts, read 26,259,230 times
Not me -- but a friend. She and her husband were on a motorcycle. before changing lanes he checked his mirror and saw nothing, she checked over her shoulder, too and gave him an all clear. They always did that.

From seemingly out of nowhere a very speeding 18 wheeler came up on them, and rammed the bike. The bike went over and under the truck's wheels. If come out in many many pieces.

Both of them felt hands all over them, floating them over to the grassy median, where they were PLACED. Not even landed. They both felt as if they had been settled, like you would gently put down a baby. The husband had a small amount of road rash on his knee, her leather jacket was torn up a little.... but they were both fine.

Lots of cops and a freeway shut down later, there wasn't one of them who didn't say they should have been dead. The truck driver was arrested and charged -- he was in a 55 zone and going 90 with a half load. The skid marks from him hitting the brakes went on forever.

Old 06-18-2014, 05:20 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,943,174 times
Nothing as dramatic as the other stories, but around 1990 I had joined a Protestant church after years as an agnostic and a rather intense spiritual experience that led me to question my agnosticism. I ended up taking seminary classes and moving toward ordination in response to a Call to ... something. But in the course of my study of church history, theology, and the early Church writings, I realized I belonged in Eastern Orthodoxy.

I could no longer pursue ordination as a Protestant minister, and in any case, my experience of church politics and life as a leader in a congregation left me with zero desire to become a minister (or a priest or deacon in Orthodoxy). How could I have gotten things so wrong ... or was I deluding myself in thinking I had been called to something?

I was eating lunch in a restaurant here in Naperville that I'd never been to before, and thinking on these things. A woman I'd never seen before came up and sat across from me in the booth looking expectantly. I asked her if I could help her, and she told me that she was the manager, and that she had wondered why she ended up doing what she was doing, but eventually realized that there was a purpose and a Plan, and that even though she couldn't see the ultimate purpose of what she'd been called to do, she needed to trust that eventually she would understand (I don't recall the exact words, but that was the gist of what she told me). I had said nothing to her about myself, and there was no way she could have known what I was struggling with spiritually. Then she got up and walked away. I never saw her again.

My guardian angel? I have no idea ... but it's difficult for me to understand how this experience could have been just a random and coincidental encounter. I do know that I might not have become Eastern Orthodox without going to seminary, or without my encounter with this person who said the exact thing I needed to hear in my situation.

Old 06-24-2014, 09:14 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,570,318 times
Several years ago I had two experiences a few months apart.

One, a friend and I were in a small restaurant eating in a booth. All of a sudden an older heavyset woman in a small booth across from us began to choke on some food. Trained in the Heimlich maneuver, I jumped up and tried to help her, but I could not get behind her to do the maneuver because she was so distraught she just froze in the booth.

Suddenly a very tall man, dressed in a business suit, pulled me back, grabbed the woman out of the booth as if she weighed nothing, and did the HM.

I stood and watched as she finally was able to breathe and the man went toward the back of the restaurant. I went back to my own table and asked my friend if she saw where he went as I wanted to thank him. We looked everywhere and did not find him. We asked staff and no one remembered him or saw a man dressed in a business suit. We sat there another hour and never saw anyone who even remotely resembled the man leave the restaurant.

Another incident, same friend and I on a car trip on the back roads to visit her mom in northern Indiana. It was a very hot day, heat index over 100. We decided to pull off this road out in the middle of nowhere to explore a pioneer cemetary and take a rest from driving.

After we got out for a bit as there was very little i.e., NO shade around, we decided to leave. The car was dead. We tried our cell phones. Neither of us could get a signal. Now this is out in the sticks with no farm houses around within sight.

We were just stuck there, not knowing how to get out of this situation, when all of a sudden a white van pulls into the cemetary and circles around to where we are.

I walked up to it and two men in dark sunglasses and white suits and tie are seated within. I ask if they might possibly call 911 for a tow truck for us.

Neither one speaks, but the driver raises his cell phone to his ear and talks softly. With that, saying nothing, they drive off. I felt like I was suspended in time. It made no sense as they never stopped to visit a grave and we never saw their van traveling up the road past the treeline.

Within 10 minutes a tow truck arrived and jumped our battery and we were on our way.

[RIGHT][RIGHT][IMG]file:///C:\DOCUME~1\Deb\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip _image003.gif[/IMG][/RIGHT][/RIGHT]

Old 06-25-2014, 08:58 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
In two days it wil be a year ago this happened. I had ruptured my colon and they had to remove 23 inches of my intestine. Had to have all my organs washed up. The next morning while in ICU the nurse told me that twice last night the Lord had his hand on your forearm to take you with him. You wouldn't go.

At some time that night i woke up a couple of times and i could look up to my left and a person in light grey pants was standing next to me. I thought then that it sure was neat that they had a person right next to me if i needed anything. I never did see a face.

Old 06-25-2014, 09:58 AM

2,438 posts, read 2,810,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
In two days it wil be a year ago this happened. I had ruptured my colon and they had to remove 23 inches of my intestine. Had to have all my organs washed up. The next morning while in ICU the nurse told me that twice last night the Lord had his hand on your forearm to take you with him. You wouldn't go.

At some time that night i woke up a couple of times and i could look up to my left and a person in light grey pants was standing next to me. I thought then that it sure was neat that they had a person right next to me if i needed anything. I never did see a face.
Trust me, the guy with grey pants and no face was a spirit. They are generally the real thing.. I've had a few come through ( for myself one time and for another person one time) and they usually scare the bejesus out of me because they are very strong and their energy is very persistent. I would say that was one of your relatives, actually. That usually indicates family. By the way-- glad you are okay.

The reason he probably didn't scare you is because you were hooked up to some IV's or something. Pain meds?

Old 06-25-2014, 11:35 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
Trust me, the guy with grey pants and no face was a spirit. They are generally the real thing.. I've had a few come through ( for myself one time and for another person one time) and they usually scare the bejesus out of me because they are very strong and their energy is very persistent. I would say that was one of your relatives, actually. That usually indicates family. By the way-- glad you are okay.

The reason he probably didn't scare you is because you were hooked up to some IV's or something. Pain meds?
Thanks.To me there was nothing to be scared of and Fentanyl was my pain med in patch form.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal