Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2014, 02:20 AM

70 posts, read 124,018 times

Advertisements

I am one of those people who believe that dreams have meaning in our individual life. I believe that our dream conceals our past, present or future- predicament, solutions to that predicaments or impending luck or fortune. Prior to my father’s death, I dreamt that I went to his childhood home and my father was waiting there- He was standing by the empty casket. In my dream, I asked my father “Pa, who will be in that casket?” to which my father replied “I will be in that casket, HeadacheFan”. In my dream, my father invited me to walk in the farm field behind his property- I accepted and followed him. As we were walking in the field (I was walking behind my father), I realized I was unable to walk- I was in the middle of the field. I yelled to my father and said “Pa, wait for me, I can’t walk”, my father replied “HeadacheFan, I have to go now- You can’t come with me” and he was gone. My father passed away shortly after my dreamt, he suffered from lung cancer. I was only 14 year old. Am 30 now and I still remembered that dream as clear as day.

Last night, I had a dream. I could not figure out what it means. This was my dream: I was swimming in a swimming pool, I start from the end part of the pool swum to the front of the pool, I looked back behind me and I notice the pool was now empty (It wasn't empty when I first swim on it). A person in my dream told me that the pool is closed, weird part was, the front end where I finished has water and I'm still flapping my arm and legs- swimming. Then I went to a tub (the bathtub was place in a higher deck) 4 friends of mine in my dream were enjoying the water in the tub as well as the shower (I was not in the tub, I was watching them but I was right there). After bathing in the tub, I needed to reach the shower switch which appeared to be too high for me, I asked a guy who was walking by, he was tall (I was looking down on the guy because I was apparently sitting on higher deck or something) if he could help me turn the shower switch on/off (he appears tall that’s why I asked for help), he flatly said NO. Well, I saw a real long stick, grab a hold of that and used it to turn the switch on/off my own.

I know it’s a very confusing dream and I actually enjoy decoding but sometimes it’s difficult for me to understand what my dream meant because I am often guilty of overthinking or over decoding (ha ha).. Please let me know what your interpretation of my dreams were.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2014, 01:55 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,631,788 times
Water in dreams usually is associated with emotions.
I see this dream targeting a specific event that had a deep emotional impact.
Taking emotions in place of water and it's settings-
The pool/swimming- you 'swam' in emotions but in looking back, you see that those are empty emotions, or the emotions were just an illusion.
The dream person telling you of the pools status is yourself, your subconscious.
This setting/scenario fits as a prequel to the friends in the tub.
In this part you are watching others soak in these emotions. The emotions are 'raining' down on them.
Now I can only speculate, you did not express the emotion or reason to turn the shower off.
I am guessing that seeing others with these emotions, enjoyin them, having them come so easy for them, causes you some envy. You are not part of thier fun, so you 'reach' for the source of that emotion and joy. You can't. Someone else has to turn the shower off.
But that someone else, like the person at the pool, is just an extension of yourself.

One of the main things to understanding a dream is the emotions we feel from the events in the dream. These emotions are like mirrors to the things we face in waking life, but do not have the time to fully process because we are being pulled in all kinds of directions at that time.

So what event have you had recently that you felt left out of, or wished you could have what others have?

Old 06-29-2014, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Water in dreams usually is associated with emotions.
I see this dream targeting a specific event that had a deep emotional impact.
Taking emotions in place of water and it's settings-
The pool/swimming- you 'swam' in emotions but in looking back, you see that those are empty emotions, or the emotions were just an illusion.
The dream person telling you of the pools status is yourself, your subconscious.
This setting/scenario fits as a prequel to the friends in the tub.
In this part you are watching others soak in these emotions. The emotions are 'raining' down on them.
Now I can only speculate, you did not express the emotion or reason to turn the shower off.
I am guessing that seeing others with these emotions, enjoyin them, having them come so easy for them, causes you some envy. You are not part of thier fun, so you 'reach' for the source of that emotion and joy. You can't. Someone else has to turn the shower off.
But that someone else, like the person at the pool, is just an extension of yourself.

One of the main things to understanding a dream is the emotions we feel from the events in the dream. These emotions are like mirrors to the things we face in waking life, but do not have the time to fully process because we are being pulled in all kinds of directions at that time.

So what event have you had recently that you felt left out of, or wished you could have what others have?
Thank you for your insightful interpretation. It make sense. I lost my job three weeks ago and I dream of former my boss and my co workers every night. I figure I was still pretty traumatize by my firing and I can't let go of that image in my mind. The way I was fired was so shocking. Anyway, it make sense now.

I had another weirdest dream last night, I had or someone had sex with the devil and the devil realize his existence because of that particular sex. and then I went to the church because I was apparently remarrying my husband for the second time. I change my wedding dress to a new dress, but I had to wear the same wedding shoe I wore on my first wedding.

I start on my new job next week, so maybe the wedding and the new dress means a new beginning?

Last edited by HeadacheFan; 06-29-2014 at 06:46 PM..

Old 06-29-2014, 06:47 PM

23,771 posts, read 28,844,022 times
dreams are what the brain does to amuse itself while the body is asleep

Old 06-30-2014, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
dreams are what the brain does to amuse itself while the body is asleep
You're right- Dreams interests me due to endless possibility it presents. Dreaming could mean a higher power in the works and this could actually be a paranormal incidence? or if one is not a believer, it could be explain by a dream "scientist" experts, as some believe- dreaming is the work of our brain chemistry.
In my personal beliefs, I lean towards a higher power (I'm a liberal who believe in God)

Old 06-30-2014, 12:32 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,631,788 times
Quote:
I start on my new job next week, so maybe the wedding and the new dress means a new beginning?
A job is like marriage, it is a big commitment that takes a lot of our lives.
Indeed the wedding scenario is a metaphor for the new job.

Old 06-30-2014, 05:41 AM

859 posts, read 699,024 times
Quote:

I am one of those people who believe that dreams have meaning in our
individual life. I believe that our dream conceals our past, present or future-
predicament, solutions to that predicaments or impending luck or fortune
I believe like u . BUT not all dreams. ONLY PART of them.
I can distinguish dreams to:
1* Real dream.
2*Reflex dreams : that reflex of your thought, imaginations, hopes , what had happened during daytime ...etc.
3*no sense dreams. this part is usually very messy with no sense, ignore it.

But be careful, about the dreams that give a Msg to a human to do sth. Especially if its a bad thing. You must Ignore this kind of dreams because its come from devil.

Old 06-30-2014, 09:21 AM

2,707 posts, read 2,822,972 times
I have had 4 dreams in my life that stand out in my mind, vividly, and with significance, although it wasn't till later in my life that I was able to correlate the dreams with events. Even one dream I had when I was around 7 years old, I wasn't able to decipher the meaning until my Father died, when I was 54. I realize everyone has their opinions on things such as this, but to those of us that have had personal experiences with dreams, it is very real.

The mind is a wondrous thing and it holds many mysteries yet to be understood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal