Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2014, 12:30 AM

900 posts, read 2,365,464 times

Advertisements

I've seen the previews and it looks pretty scary.

I would eventually like to see the movie but would rather wait until it's on dvd. I live in NY and the last thing I want is to be looking around every corner on the way home from the movie.

Here's the retired cop the movie is based on:

Demonologist and Ex-Cop Behind Possession Film 'Deliver Us From Evil' Says Everyone Born Into Spiritual Battle

Are any of you in law enforcement that could either share your stories or ones you've heard about?

Or you could share what you think about the topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2014, 06:59 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,068,042 times
Being a NY resident I am interested in seeing the film. As far as paranormal goes a police officer would certainly make a great investigator. I saw an interview with Ralph and he seems genuine in his beliefs even though I am a bit skeptical.

Old 07-06-2014, 09:42 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,920,990 times
Just the statement that the guy is a "demonologist" turns me off the film.

Old 03-28-2016, 06:21 PM

42 posts, read 23,921 times
Ralph Sarchie is a genuine American hero. Combat vet and longtime NYPD with the rank of sergeant. He has seen the nastiest the world has to offer. His story is genuine. The term "demonologist" is actually a generic term regarding someone who studies demonology. I know Ralph and he's brutally honest.
If anyone would have told him before his rather life changing experiences that he would be working with a priest on demonic cases he would have called them crazy...in no uncertain terms.
Ralph retired from his career to do this full time a while after the cases described in the movie.

In my own work I study both demonology and angelology, the other side of the coin, in a Biblically based sense.
Hope that helps.

Last edited by AuthorJeff; 03-28-2016 at 06:40 PM..

Old 03-29-2016, 04:53 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,920,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuthorJeff View Post
Ralph Sarchie is a genuine American hero. Combat vet and longtime NYPD with the rank of sergeant. He has seen the nastiest the world has to offer. His story is genuine. The term "demonologist" is actually a generic term regarding someone who studies demonology. I know Ralph and he's brutally honest.
If anyone would have told him before his rather life changing experiences that he would be working with a priest on demonic cases he would have called them crazy...in no uncertain terms.
Ralph retired from his career to do this full time a while after the cases described in the movie.

In my own work I study both demonology and angelology, the other side of the coin, in a Biblically based sense.
Hope that helps.
You might have misunderstood my comment from a couple of years ago. I'm turned off by the term "demonologist" because I find the belief in "demons", or any other "biblically based" mythology to be absurd.

Old 03-29-2016, 06:22 AM

42 posts, read 23,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellpaso View Post
You might have misunderstood my comment from a couple of years ago. I'm turned off by the term "demonologist" because I find the belief in "demons", or any other "biblically based" mythology to be absurd.
lol.
Actually a lot of people agree with you but my training and schooling for ministry teach me personally that demons and angels, even ghosts exist. The work I do makes people feel comfortable and secure in their own homes, so no matter whether its psychological (sometimes is), or a natural phenomenon, (high EMF, methane gasses, etc. that affect our prceptions), or something else, such as primary evil, the work is effective.
I appreciate your perspective though. It challenges me to learn more as i continue ministry and this rather unorthodox work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal