U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 10:22 AM

3,683 posts, read 6,844,523 times

Advertisements

My husbands grandfather died Wed. morning (about 2 in the am). My daughter is 4. My husband and I had not told her, at all, that he passed (the events below happened Thurs btw). We were very careful to not talk in front of her about the passing and plans for the funeral etc. She did know he was sick, he had pancreatic cancer but as far as him dying we never told her he would.

Thursday night I'm sitting on the porch with my daughter and with no prompt she stops playing and looks at me and just said "great grandad didn't tell the doctors he was sick". Taken off guard I said "yes great grandad was sick" she replied "yah I know he died" I said " how do you know that hunny" she replied "he told me." ... So at this point in like ookkkkayyyy. But I didn't want to give her information I wanted her to tell me what she trying to say without my influence. I asked her "where is great grandad?" (expecting her to say he's at home sick) and she pointed directly to the direction of hospice, we live less that 5 mins from where he passed there, and said "he's where the doctors are but now he's okay he's working with his dad" .. Obviously being 4 some of her sentences contradict a bit , like the last one about him being with doctors and his dad but I think overall she knew knew what she was trying to say..... It was all very odd. She's never talked about death or anything and we don't really do anything with ghosts (books and such) so really I don't know whats going on other than she really did experience something.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2014, 12:27 AM

3,751 posts, read 6,759,583 times
She is not weird.
Indeed she saw and knew something on a more ethereal level.
I experienced something similar when my grandfather passed away, as in I was told before my mother told me. And my grandfather was not sick.

Children are often much more open to these sort of impressions and messages. Not wired or odd at all.

Old 07-21-2014, 02:56 AM

4,035 posts, read 4,216,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
My husbands grandfather died Wed. morning (about 2 in the am). My daughter is 4. My husband and I had not told her, at all, that he passed (the events below happened Thurs btw). We were very careful to not talk in front of her about the passing and plans for the funeral etc. She did know he was sick, he had pancreatic cancer but as far as him dying we never told her he would.

Thursday night I'm sitting on the porch with my daughter and with no prompt she stops playing and looks at me and just said "great grandad didn't tell the doctors he was sick". Taken off guard I said "yes great grandad was sick" she replied "yah I know he died" I said " how do you know that hunny" she replied "he told me." ... So at this point in like ookkkkayyyy. But I didn't want to give her information I wanted her to tell me what she trying to say without my influence. I asked her "where is great grandad?" (expecting her to say he's at home sick) and she pointed directly to the direction of hospice, we live less that 5 mins from where he passed there, and said "he's where the doctors are but now he's okay he's working with his dad" .. Obviously being 4 some of her sentences contradict a bit , like the last one about him being with doctors and his dad but I think overall she knew knew what she was trying to say..... It was all very odd. She's never talked about death or anything and we don't really do anything with ghosts (books and such) so really I don't know whats going on other than she really did experience something.
What the bolded means (and that she couldn't express at age 4) is that his body is where the doctors are, but he's left his body and is with his father "on the other side".

Old 07-21-2014, 03:48 AM

7,128 posts, read 3,560,986 times
That's what it sounded like to me too.

Old 07-21-2014, 06:23 AM

540 posts, read 1,778,489 times
Sweetbottoms, my then 3 year old had something like that happen to her while I was in the room with her. Very shortly after her Grandfather died, she was playing in her room on the floor, I was on her bed, and she turned and said "hey, who just patted me on the head". I said "I don't know" while at that moment I became alert and watched more closely but that was all that happened and she went to bed shortly afterwards. When I went to bed, I asked my wife if her Dad used to do anything with our daughter, like how would he greet her? She said he would pat her on the head. Then I told her what happened before she went to bed. In my opinion, he was just saying goodbye for the last time.

Old 07-21-2014, 07:20 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,336,538 times
She sounds like a beautiful child. Children are very clear and able to see angels and spirits. It's very strong until about age 7.

This is a beautiful experience she had and he was just letting her know that he made it to Heaven and is with his Dad. He may have told you and your husband, too, but the child is really the only one that can hear and many times see the spirit. He will probably be watching over her from Heaven, how special and lovely.

~Blessings

Old 07-23-2014, 02:55 PM

10,146 posts, read 18,655,602 times
My theory is that small children are closer to where they came from and still carry some memories. One of my daughters was quite sensitive and though we never had a relative die when she was young, one day when she was 3, she holding an animated conversation with, well, I'm not sure who. She was facing the stairs as she did so and when I asked what she was doing, she told me she was talking to the man on the stairs. I probably wouldn't have thought anything about it, except that 3 years previous I had heard someone walk down those same stairs and no one was there. When I asked my husband about it, he said that several people in the family had experienced that ghost on the stairs.

Old 07-27-2014, 11:41 AM

1,637 posts, read 2,817,425 times
I don't believe in much, but I do believe that we can "feel" when people pass or about to pass. Children tend to be more open minded to the world, the little sponges that they are. They aren't tainted yet like (many) adults and I believe would be more open to these kinds of experiences. It's likely she "overheard" someone talking, but I also believe it's equally as likely she was actually somehow visited.

I felt a very strong feeling (I can't really describe it) the day before my grandfather died when I was a kid. I told my mother we needed to go visit him. We almost didn't because we were planning on heading up the next weekend, however my mother listened to me and we went and visited that afternoon. He died the next morning.

The day before my stepmother died (she had been struggling with very aggressive cancer that we knew she would not live through), I went into a sort of panic. I started crying for absolutely no reason and felt extremely anxious. I knew something was going to happen soon, and my father called me as I was driving home from my vacation to tell me that she had died that morning. I've felt her on numerous occasions. I NEVER used to believe in that stuff until it started happening to me. I always thought it happened to people looking to rationalize, however we had all become very accepting of her impending death.

It was nice to hear from her, however I sure hope she has moved on (whatever that means). Her spirit is too good to stick around here!

I can see why someone would choose to "give" a message to an innocent child. Who are you more likely to believe, the words coming from a 4 y/o who had NO way of knowing, or a mourning adult?

Good stuff. I've never had "words" come to me directly from a loved one, moreso feelings and experiences. I'd love to have that happen someday. Maybe some are just more tuned in for it than I am.

Old 07-28-2014, 02:50 AM

7,128 posts, read 3,560,986 times
As a child, my partner felt her grand father was going to die the day before he did and urged family to go and see him but her mother didn't believe her and he died as she had felt.

Old 07-28-2014, 03:27 AM

3,360 posts, read 11,386,363 times
Oh it's true alright. I've had several different experiences. Waking and sleeping contact and visions, usually within a month after a death. The night my father died someone, who wasn't there, put their hands on my shoulders and rushed me down the hospital hallway just in time to reach his room where he came out of a coma for a few minutes to tell me he loved me and then he passed over. He was waiting for me to get there before going. The energy rush swirling towards the corner of the ceiling at the moment of his death almost knocked me over. I'm not able to initiate these things but I can receive them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal