Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 03:03 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,532,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
You can believe that, but the board IS NOT a gateway to anything, but one's imagination.
I'd describe it more as a gateway to the subconscious.

Decades ago, when I was a young adult, a friend talked my skeptical mother into sitting down at one with her. After several confusing Q/A's, my friend asked "Is something interfering with the answers?". The pointer zoomed to YES. Friend then asked "what is interfering?". Pointer spelled out "S-I-G-R-E-T".

As my baffled friend sat there, my mom's jaw dropped and she said "All I've been thinking since I sat down is how much I want a cigarette!"

I don't think that was imagination, more likely it was my mom's strong subconscious wish expressing itself. If mom had consciously moved the pointer, she would have spelled the word correctly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2014, 02:08 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
The Devil?
Leave them alone.

Old 08-19-2014, 04:23 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,952,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post

I have used talking spirit boards for years and have never encountered anything scary or evil. However, some really crazy weird things did happen, amazing and exciting!
^^Me too! And keep in mind that everyone doesn't believe in a "devil"

Old 08-19-2014, 06:18 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,673,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellpaso View Post
^^Me too! And keep in mind that everyone doesn't believe in a "devil"
Well, while I am deityless, I believe in a devil...it's called an over active out of balance ego.
"The Devil made me do it!"....oh, you mean that someone did something that pushed your buttons and you had a knee jerk reaction that you do not want to take personal responsibility for because it shames you?

Old 08-23-2014, 03:19 AM

4,856 posts, read 5,823,013 times
I've said all I had to say in a few of those threads OwlKaMyst listed.

Old 08-24-2014, 10:44 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
I used one with the crazy kids that would run through our rental property marking up the walls I had just painted. I planted this seed in their vulnerable little minds that the house was haunted. The hoax expanded to include a picture of me coming out of the closet in a scary old man Halloween mask. John made it look like a transparent ghost. Very spooky. Someone gave me a spirit board and I invited the kids to come into the haunted bedroom and talk to "Dark Stanley." The sun was setting on another dark winters night casting shadows from the tree into the room. We lit a candle and their liitle eyes were wide with terror and fascination as the words appeared on the board. The messages were positive with a stern warning about all the noise they were making disturbing his peace. It worked like a charm and they wouldn't go anywhere in the house without one of us being with them. I had to explain to the Grandmother of one of the kids that there wasn't anything Satanic going on. These things sometimes spark distaste among the religious. I respect that and reassured her that nothing like that was happening. There was one time when the session was different. We all sensed it and the planchet moved without my control. The kids ran screaming from the room and we never played with it again. It sure worked like a charm taming those demon children and saved me hours of touching up the walls.

Old 08-25-2014, 05:36 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times
They are very weird. they can do some pretty messed up stuff.

Old 09-20-2014, 01:29 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
I'm zombie-ing this thread to chime in. I realize there have been quite a few Ouija threads.

I have never that I know of had a bad experience result from using the Ouija, I just wanted to share...just because. I don't know. Because this thread caught my eye.

My mother introduced me to the Ouija. I believe I was about 14. My mother was a very practical person, and nearly always skeptical - of everyone and everything - so I don't know why she had this particular bent, but she would give me things like this. She had given me a Tarot deck the year before, actually. I hadn't asked for it - I had never even heard of it and I mispronounced the name when I opened the package.

Anyway, for a while, my mother and I were doing the Ouija CONSTANTLY. I do believe we were moving it without realizing it, but it truly is an odd effect. We would ask it questions. It would "answer" in all different personalities under all different names, time periods, etc.

I did it with my friends too, but when it was my mom and I, the thing just flew everywhere. I mean we felt like our hands were falling off it in order to try to keep up with it. I rarely got this effect with my friends, and she pretty much never got it the few times any other family members were willing to try, so I have to think it was the combination of the two of us that did the trick. It wasn't due to great love or connection on a personality level; in fact, most of the time, my mom sincerely disliked and was irritated by me. This may be partially why I loved doing this sort of thing with her: because at those times she really wanted to be with me. (Pathetic, LOL. Now, as an adult, with some perspective, I can see that it was her own issues that caused this. So it's no biggie, just giving some background.)

Anyway, as I said, we'd ask it questions, usually prophetic questions. We did this for years. Some stuff seemed true, some was ridiculous. There was one question-and-answer that vaguely may have had a connection to something that actually happened. The "board" "told" us that I would meet a man from Florida and that his first name was Dave and it also gave a last name.

I did meet a Dave immediately after that, but he wasn't from Florida. He was from my state, no more than an hour from I. His last name was NOT the last name given, but my mom made a notable connection: the company he worked for, which is how we met, phonetically sounded like the last name given by the board.

Even at that time I felt like that was a bit mysticism-apologetic, I'm just noting it here to add my experiences to the bunch. Also...the name Dave is not exactly uncommon, LOL. No offense to Daves out there, and it's a beautiful name, but my God, go to any shopping mall and yell out "Dave" and watch like 50 guys turn around, LOL. (In fact my husband's name today is Dave! Family gatherings are a scream because he is a junior, his stepfather's name is also Dave, and his half-uncle's name is Dave.)

Try it in Europe too, call out "David" in the accent appropriate to your locale of choice and try to field all the answering calls.

I digress, so let's move along...

Anyway...next I met another man, again through work, on the phone. He was immediately interested in me and I could tell he was keeping me on the phone out of some sort of interest. We just "clicked". He was not from Florida, but his name (again! What is with you Daves) was Dave. He was from Georgia, actually. But eerily, as it turned out - we had quite the long-distance thing going for quite some time - he was originally from Florida and planned to move back eventually. (In fact, today, AFAIK, that's where he is.)

But again. All of that just sort of feels like reaching. So my only conclusion is that my mother and I really wanted the Ouija to work, so we made it work even though we didn't realize we were doing so.

As I said, the board would come on as different "people" with different personalities...long or short sentences, bad grammar, humorous or very serious and so on. I don't remember most of the names we were "given" (or that we were subconsciously creating), but I do remember once, and this was sad, we asked for the name and it simply spelled out "Baby." My mother looked up and commented to me that in "the old days," sometimes, people didn't name infants right away. As she was saying that, the planchette moved around and spelled "hurts." My mother burst into tears and we put the board away that night.

How we would do it was we would both put our fingertips lightly on the planchette as you're supposed to do, and it would slowly begin either zig-zagging or it would make figure 8s. It was kind of different each time. Sometimes it would take a minute, but most of the time, we would barely get our fingertips there and that thing would be zinging around.

Bad things did happen to me during those years, but they weren't anything one couldn't expect. So personally, I don't believe we had "a bad experience" or anything as people seem to worry about. The one scary moment we had - but bear in mind nothing "evil" came of this - was when the board told me it was my grandma. I asked where she was and it spelled out "hell." We jumped back after that and didn't touch the Ouija for a good while, LOL.

Anyway...for what all that's worth.

Old 09-20-2014, 10:11 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,832,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post

Its not just a board bud!!!

Its a gateway for the spiritual world!!

And "Monopoly" is the gateway to the evils of Capitalism.

Old 09-27-2014, 12:54 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,448,062 times
Well OK we played with it for the first time this evening.

I was skeptical but my partner swears that he was not moving the planchette.

Questions Asked:

What is your name? Planchette moved to the letter J

Is there a God? Planchette moved to the word Oracle

Do you have a message for us? It moved to a blank space on the board...no letters or numbers. LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal