Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 05:29 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,907,745 times

Advertisements

I dream occasionally of my ex-wife (we've been divorced since 1989), that we're back together and care for each other, and all the things that were wrong in the marriage are no more. These are also vivid dreams and emotionally intense.

She is, however, very much alive. I think these dreams come from my senses of loss, abandonment and loneliness, and represent my mind working through some unfinished business. It's certainly not the spirit of my wife coming to me in dreams ... I have the same dreams about my erstwhile stepdaughter, also very much alive.

I don't see a difference between these dreams of living loved ones who are no longer loved ones, and dreams of my deceased loved ones; they're messages I'm sending to myself. Whether my waking self gets the point is up to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2014, 10:53 AM

1,514 posts, read 2,114,089 times
My father believed that his deceased grandmother visited him in a dream once. I'm on the fence about the whole thing, since it has never happened to me.

Old 08-27-2014, 02:26 PM

8,458 posts, read 10,873,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe'sTavern View Post
My father believed that his deceased grandmother visited him in a dream once. I'm on the fence about the whole thing, since it has never happened to me.
I'M going to go out on a limb here and ask, were you close to any one that may have passed?
Perhaps a parent, friend, or relative?
Were your relationships with these people strained, or did you perhaps feel your personalities clashed?

Bob.

Old 08-30-2014, 05:48 PM

22,310 posts, read 11,819,749 times
This is a great thread and I've enjoyed reading everybody's experiences.

After my mother died 15 years ago, I would dream of her. The funny thing is that she never said a word at all in any of the dreams. Instead she would be part of the action, for example, washing dishes.

Then one day after her passing, my Dad and I were talking and he told me that he had dreams of my mother and she never talked during the dream!

The funny thing is that when she was alive, my mother was always running her mouth!

A few weeks before I got married, my grandfather, who died when I was 4, appeared in a dream to me. It was odd as he was in a dark room and I couldn't see his face very clearly. He did, however, talk to me and told me that he would be at my wedding in spirit. I do believe that he was there.

My brother passed away last year. As he was terminally ill with cancer, I visited with him 3 weeks before he died. When I left, I hugged him and told him that I loved him, but I'm not sure that he heard me. After he died, I dreamed of seeing him and telling him "You're my brother and I'll always love you." He then frowned at me. I suspect it was because never once when he was alive did we say things like that to each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal