U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2015, 05:13 PM

15,921 posts, read 18,354,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaTcHiNu_2 View Post
Yeah I'm thinking that the 27 people in one night, including three police officer's, is a bogus disinformation story in an attempt to discredit anyone passing on the story in order to invalidate actual and very credible occurrences taking place on Brown Mountain. I know for a fact that this kind of thing occurs. There's an interesting although troubling video on YouTube regarding 30,000 people missing/disappearing every year. This number doesn't include runaways, recovered murder victems, or anyone later found. It is an investigation done by retired homicide detective and now MUFON investigator Butch Witkowski. His investigation also covers several cases of human mutilation including autopsy reports and other very credible evidence.
LMAO, MUFON generates the most preposterous, unsubstantiated stories the world has ever seen...
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2015, 05:25 PM

NFN but the USGS documented in 1971 the origin of the brown mountain lights:

Origin of the Brown Mountain light in North Carolina

But MUFON and the TRUE BELIEVERS continue to prey on peoples gullibility...

Do people research what they are fed by their favorite conspiracy/UFO web site??? ~DUH~ As long as it fits with their preconceived ideals h*ll no...

Hey, my substantiated scientifically accredited website is:

AboveTopSecret.com - Conspiracy Theories, UFOs, Paranormal, Politcs, and other "alternative topics" - home page for Thursday, April 9, 2015

I see some people here quote Internet blogs as THE TRUTH, I rest my case...

Old 04-11-2015, 10:47 AM

5,793 posts, read 4,508,037 times
Website for a group investigating the Brown Mountain Lights:

The Brown Mountain Lights

They have two cameras set up monitoring for anomalies. Videos from these cameras are available for your viewing pleasure on Daniel Caton's Youtube channel, here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/DanielB...s?spfreload=10

Old 04-11-2015, 12:40 PM

Has anyone stopped to think that this myth is perpetuated by the people and businesses of Brown County for their economic well being?

TRUE BELIEVERS should (but we know won't) take the time to read in it's entirety the USGS report.

Methinks relating to the OP some readers here have seen the movie Alien Abduction one to many times...

Old 04-12-2015, 05:26 PM

272 posts, read 295,137 times
As a kid, I spent weeks every summer just down the road from a viewpoint for the Brown Mountain Lights. We used to go in the evening sometimes to try and see them: never did. Summer wasn't the best time though, so maybe that's why we didn't. I remember the excitement of hoping to see them, but getting bored pretty quickly when they didn't show up. Patience was not one of my childhood virtues.

Never heard of people going missing, and as a kid would've been scared had that rumor been around. Grew up in a community not far from the lights. There was zero fear concerning the lights, just curiosity and mystery.

Old 04-14-2015, 04:47 PM

376 posts, read 369,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Has anyone stopped to think that this myth is perpetuated by the people and businesses of Brown County for their economic well being?

TRUE BELIEVERS should (but we know won't) take the time to read in it's entirety the USGS report.

Methinks relating to the OP some readers here have seen the movie Alien Abduction one to many times...
Heres the end for those that want the explanation:

'In summary it may be said that the
Brown Mountain lights are clearly not
of unusual nature or origin. About 47
percent of the lights that the writer
was able to study instrumentally were
due to automobile headlights, 33 percent
to locomotive headlights, 10
percent to stationary lights, and 10
percent to brush fires. "
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal