Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe in UFO's?
Yes 102 76.69%
No 31 23.31%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 03:01 PM

1,608 posts, read 3,064,128 times

Advertisements

UFOs Caught By Canadian News Crew During Forest Fire Coverage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2014, 05:08 PM

1,369 posts, read 2,267,596 times
The first time I saw one was in June of 1967. I was standing on our front porch at about 11:00 in the morning, looking out across the corn field to the north, thinking of nothing in particular, when a silver disk, 40 - 50 ft. wide, came cruising over the field from the east. There was a slight compression vapor coming off the leading edge of it and I could hear it splitting the air, but there was nothing like an engine sound. It passed by and disappeared over the woodlot to my left.

It was about 200 yards from me, and about 80 ft. off the ground. This was in a rural area of Jackson County Michigan. I didn't tell anyone about it for over 40 years. I never forgot this. At the time I had no inkling of such things, and had never heard of UFO's. I've had other sightings since, one of them quite spectacular. I generally don't talk to anyone about them, and I'm sure you know why.

Old 08-17-2014, 05:39 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,276,749 times
I know, Amy,...mine was at night...but, no sound at all...slowly going
over the pastures to the east...I would also judge 80 ft above the ground
and tree tops.
Central NY.

Old 08-17-2014, 05:50 PM

15,443 posts, read 21,280,883 times
I believe there are things that fly that are unidentifiable but to believe that extraterrestrials from other worlds are, or have ever, visited Earth is something that stretches my imagination a bit too far.

Old 08-17-2014, 05:55 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,916,101 times
In the early 60s, I would go out in our front yard to observe the Echo 2 satellite. One night, I saw another light moving in the opposite direction than Echo ... then it made a sharp right turn. WTF??

During the late 50s, I saw a silver disk over the Mississippi River which was reported by many other people; it changed form, making me suspect it might have been some sort of unusual atmospheric phenomenon. Around the same time, my mother, sister, and grandmother came running in the house terrified one night, and said a huge circular craft with lights passed right over their heads. When I went outside, there was nothing to be seen.

My father was working late one night in the late 60s, and drove home on back roads; he said he thought an airplane was "in trouble" and pulled over. He said there was a large disk with a row of lights or windows around its edge, and he observed it hanging over a field for ten minutes or so before driving off.

So do I believe there are UFOs I can't explain based on my and my family's experiences? Yes ... but if the question means do I believe they are craft piloted by space aliens or inter-dimensional beings, I'd say the jury's out on that, and it doesn't seem as likely as other explanations, like secret military craft, atmospheric phenomena and mirages, and misinterpretation of ordinary phenomena.

Old 08-17-2014, 06:08 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,723,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
I believe there are things that fly that are unidentifiable but to believe that extraterrestrials from other worlds are, or have ever, visited Earth is something that stretches my imagination a bit too far.
really? you do know that the math for warp drive has already been figured out by a mexican mathematician right? now given that piece of information, wouldnt it seem likely that if we humans can figure it out, then a much more advanced civilization can do the same thing?

Old 08-17-2014, 06:12 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,723,855 times
My brothers and I saw one from our front yard back in the early 70's. I ran in and dragged my Mom out the door so she could see it...which she did. No sound. Long rectangular tube shape with a bright orange glow. Hovered back and forth horizontally, then lowered itself at a 45° angle a few times until it went below the trees. It was awesome.

Old 08-17-2014, 06:16 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,723,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
really? you do know that the math for warp drive has already been figured out by a mexican mathematician right? now given that piece of information, wouldnt it seem likely that if we humans can figure it out, then a much more advanced civilization can do the same thing?
Some humans think we are all there is for life in this universe. Our solar system alone is but a drop in a bucket of the entire universe. I have seen a craft that no human built or piloted. There is no doubt in my mind we have neighbors.

Old 08-17-2014, 06:21 PM

20,831 posts, read 17,028,856 times
Beam me up.

Last edited by Tallysmom; 08-18-2014 at 11:21 AM.. Reason: Profanity -- even fake profanity isn't allowed...

Old 08-17-2014, 06:38 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,723,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Some humans think we are all there is for life in this universe. Our solar system alone is but a drop in a bucket of the entire universe. I have seen a craft that no human built or piloted. There is no doubt in my mind we have neighbors.
i agree, and the fact that we have found thousands of planets just makes it far more likely that there is other life in the universe. one day i have no doubt that we will find another earth like planet, and we may even find signs of life on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Beam me up.
sorry transporters are offline.

Last edited by Tallysmom; 08-18-2014 at 11:22 AM.. Reason: getting rid of fake profanity
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal