U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 03:52 PM

19,489 posts, read 15,045,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Hey, I just discovered Natalie Sudman last week!
I've been listening to her on youtube. I don't have the book, I guess I should get it?
Well, the book is something else! Way more informative than her interviews.
They are 'nice'.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2014, 04:58 PM

51,697 posts, read 14,011,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
My family member is a psychic. She has written books that are available on AMazon and does readings. No one is bending anyone's arm to go to a psychic so half of this thread is unwarranted.
What is her name?

Old 08-31-2014, 07:00 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,404,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Lady123 View Post
What is her name?
I don't really want to break her anonymity here. Sorry... this thread isn't worth it for number one. It's been a few years since I had a reading though.

I actually have three people in my family that have written books on Amazon.

Two have PHD's, and the other is an astrologer.

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 08-31-2014 at 07:14 PM..

Old 08-31-2014, 09:00 PM

186 posts, read 174,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yes, I know one like that, too. I have fewer qualms about paying for the service when I know the "practitioner" is the real deal. At least, for mediums and/or healers in the West.
I'm the same way. And free is nice too. I called into a radio station three times over the past two years and finally got a really good free reading from one of them a few weeks ago. The other two were meh.

Old 09-01-2014, 01:27 AM

548 posts, read 286,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
I won't put any stock into these quacks until one of them completes the Randi challenge.

Old 09-01-2014, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Well, the book is something else! Way more informative than her interviews.
They are 'nice'.

I have never heard of her until reading about her here. I'll definitely look her up.

Old 09-01-2014, 03:53 PM

4,532 posts, read 7,993,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauriedeee View Post
Do you remember the authors name? That's a book I'd love to read. When I had my NDE many years ago, before they even had a name, I recall knowing everything there was to know about the universe and how everything on earth is connected, but I don't remember how.
What I do remember is that God, or whomever you believe in doesn't judge us. We judge ourselves and we do it with compassion and understanding of why we did it, how we felt and simultaneously how the other person felt and from there we're able to learn and forgive ourselves.
Hi. What you've shared is the same as others who have had the same experience. There are many books out there you might find interesting and affirming. However, I urge you all not to fall for the (late) Sylvia Browne. She was not the real thing. Honestly, to me she gave off negative vibes. I do believe anyone could have done what she did. I also expect that her books are a compilation of what she took from other stories or books on the same topic.

Folks with similar stories you might want to check out:
Don Piper (minister), 90 Minutes in Heaven
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8E2UAV_3w4
Dr. Raymond Moody, Life After Life Life After Life: The Information Network on Near-Death, Shared-Death and Afterlife Studies and the Online Presence of Raymond A. Moody, M.D., Ph.D.
Here is one of the best medically documented cases of NDE,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNbdUEqDB-k And, after viewing this, see the whole bunch of links on the right for similar stories
Prof. Howard Storm (was atheist, now minister) is another amazing case
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLimoqZUWgw

Old 09-01-2014, 04:24 PM

You can find interesting studies on this done by the University of Liege in Belgium and the University of Michigan. It's a fascinating topic!

Old 09-01-2014, 05:49 PM

1,727 posts, read 1,485,873 times
I have read many NDE stories and find them very interesting.

Old 09-01-2014, 07:09 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,404,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaMoBThere View Post
You can find interesting studies on this done by the University of Liege in Belgium and the University of Michigan. It's a fascinating topic!
That was very interesting. Thanks for posting about NDE's..

Here is a great clip from a favorite movie, that I like. It's an old one one but I always liked this scene. There is power when it comes to good and evil and it's very definitive,

Hideaway (1995) Part 10 - YouTube

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 09-01-2014 at 07:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal