Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 11:57 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
I've cruised around on this thread from time to time, and while it's interesting, I've never had any of these experiences so I can't really relate to any of you. My dreams are by and large boring, tedious, lame... I like waking up because real life is a lot more fun and interesting. I've had premonitions, but that's because I've seen outside clues for such and have considered the premonition as one of the possible outcomes. I've never talked to anything that wasn't physically there. I walked around Sedona after looking at a map of vortexes but couldn't decipher any real changes.

Paying attention to what it's like just before falling asleep and taking benedryll, which induces sleep like conditions, I've concluded that thoughts really do arise with no outside stimulus, but I can't ever say any of those thoughts have amounted to anything. Amanitas had the same effect as benedryll.

Growing up in a Pentecostal church, I've heard the whole nine yards about spirits, knowledge from god, miracles... But whenever I witness them for myself, what I see is common attitudes, which they classify as spirits, like a spirit of skepticism or a spirit of joy; knowledge from god is a premonition that turned out to be correct, while 85% of them are not correct; and miracles are false positives in medical tests. It's kinda like how people ignore whatever doesn't fit into some prophecy while expounding on what does.

It's not like I don't understand emotions. I can clearly dechipher pretty much what I'm feeling. I remember sitting in church high on hydrocodone and linking that as the same feeling I got that I had previously classified as the peace of god. And I can clearly link the intended emotional display from pictures, art, and music.

But I guess that's why I've always been interested in psychedelics though, just to see what all these people are talking about. Never taken them though do to access. I don't know though, are we just that different?

You must have taken a lot of hydrocodone to be "high" on it, I take it for my migraines and I have not once been "high".

I'm not sure why you think something would have to fit into some prophecy to be real, true or make sense.
Some things cannot be made logical to one's mind and be accepted for what it is as it is presented.

I would be more concerned with your reckless use of drugs/stimulants than I would be what you see or don't see and trying to explain it logically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2014, 12:41 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,530,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I would be more concerned with your reckless use of drugs/stimulants than I would be what you see or don't see and trying to explain it logically.
So true and so funny, somehow I missed the OPs admission of being high on oxy.

Old 09-11-2014, 05:23 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,534,507 times
Quote:
I've cruised around on this thread from time to time, and while it's interesting, I've never had any of these experiences so I can't really relate to any of you. My dreams are by and large boring, tedious, lame...
There have been a lot of experiences discussed on this forum. Not every person on this thread has experienced each one of them or any of them. There are always naysayers who chime in their own lack of experiences, so you should be able to relate to them. Hopefully.

Personally, I have never taken pills to get high in church.

You go from having boring dreams, to having a friend who lies to a group of people to try and get laid, to being unable to relate to anyone here because you have never experienced anything similar. Thank you for sharing.

Do you feel it is necessary to relate to total strangers on an internet forum? Are you more concerned that you cannot relate to people or are you more concerned because you don't have similar worldviews expressed here?

Old 09-11-2014, 11:48 AM

15,638 posts, read 26,251,926 times
Well -- now, some of us have very low tolerance to drugs and alcohol. I can get through half a gin and tonic and get quite boisterous -- and that's with food... and my husband used to say mixing drugs for me was an aspirin and a Dristan.

One teaspoon of codeine cough syrup and I'm loopy.

Don't assume someone acting drugged out of their mind is abusing the drugs.

Old 09-11-2014, 01:19 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,810,058 times
I have a ton of psychic power and always have. I put myself on meds to keep from having it. It doesn't pay anything to have it. I get in moods where I absolutely don't care. Just because you know doesn't mean you can change or. It still works when meet people. There are no drugs that will take that away

Old 09-11-2014, 02:14 PM

Also.. if a person is really psychic, they can go both ways with it. It would be very easy for me to go on a dark path as well. And that's not classified as being bipolar. That is what I have the ability to do. But I always remain neutral. (But it's hard) when you have the ability.. then you know your limitations.

Old 09-11-2014, 02:27 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,810,657 times
Like anything, there are all kinds of folks in the paranormal fanclub. Here's my opinion:

Some people are just "lucky"... they seem to attract weirdness like moths are attracted to light. They didn't/don't want it, keep a low profile and weirdly enough eventually accept it as a regular part of their lives. I don't know if they are just naturally open to the wider multiverse or or actually targeted by entities from beyond, maybe both. They are pretty rare people, however.

Some people want it. They want it so bad they see spooks in every shadow and aliens in every light in the sky. They also tend to exaggerate any legit experiences. They soak up paranormal lore like sponges, watch every documentary/infotainment show about the paranormal and readily subscribe to paranormal "cannon" assumptions (For example, that suicides make restless spirits or the Alien Agenda). These are the most common folks on the paranormal scene.

Some people want to profit from it. They usually get well-versed on paranormal lore and concoct highly interesting stories that others just love to eat up, then find a way to make some money on it (usually books, documentaries and the talk/convention circuit). They are the smarter of the bunch, but you can pick them out because their stories often make too much sense from a mortal human perspective and/or offer "answers" to large paranormal questions Whitley Strieber is a big one, or Stan Romanek. On the ghost side, the whole Amnityville Horror saga is another, or any of the "Ghost Hunters" type programing.

Some people are obsessed with trying to understand it. These are the researchers that tirelessly dig through accounts, try to draw connections, explore theories and otherwise attempt to make sense of it all. They may have been sent on their "quest" by experiencing a random anomalous event or very likely never even experienced anything themselves. I'd put people like Stanton Friedman or many ghost hunters who don't normally appear on TV shows among others. Some eventually evolve into the first type... "Speak of the devil and the devil cometh" and all that stuff.

Old 09-11-2014, 02:44 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,236,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
There have been a lot of experiences discussed on this forum. Not every person on this thread has experienced each one of them or any of them. There are always naysayers who chime in their own lack of experiences, so you should be able to relate to them. Hopefully.

Personally, I have never taken pills to get high in church.

You go from having boring dreams, to having a friend who lies to a group of people to try and get laid, to being unable to relate to anyone here because you have never experienced anything similar. Thank you for sharing.

Do you feel it is necessary to relate to total strangers on an internet forum? Are you more concerned that you cannot relate to people or are you more concerned because you don't have similar worldviews expressed here?

to having a friend who lies to a group of people to try and get laid,

He didn't say that i did.

Old 09-11-2014, 03:51 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,129,553 times
Alright, let me clear some things up. I did take those drugs while being in a normal state, not for medical purposes. I did them to see what effect they had, saw what it was, was glad I took them, and don't need to bother taking them again. I did research out correct dosages and stuff though...

But here's where I'm going... When I took benedryll or pay attention right before I drop off into sleep, I have noticed that random thoughts and images arise. A train of thoughts will come off of the original random thought though. Like some I remember is a combination lock on the side of a metal sheet or the front page of a newspaper. All were things I had seen before previously in life. And if you focused on real life, they vanished. It really kinda is random thoughts, and I think any correlation drawn from those would be very sketchy indeed. Dreams on the other hand, seem to me to be your mind just kinda running around and they can have some insight into what has happened, like the fear of being chased, or in more severe cases like nightmares from war.

Like Chango said, some people want this type of stuff to happen to them and could be using just random thoughts or unexplained emotions to draw all kinds of shady conclusions.

That is where my skepticism comes in. It was like praying for the Holy Ghost as a kid. I could have done the whole speaking in tongues thing, it's just kinda like babbling. But it was supposed to be the best feeling in your life and you were supposed to feel god and have him take control.... But all I noticed was that if I thought if I did nothing, nothing happened, even though I asked sincerely for god to give me the holy ghost. If I thought I should be happy, I could be happy. If I wanted to babble, I could babble. If I wanted to shake on the floor, I could shake on the floor. But none of it happened without me thinking about it first and planning to do so. Trust me, I tried many times waiting for it to happen without me planning it, but it never would. Is what is happening in Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal experiences because people wanted them to happen or precipitated them with thoughts, conscious or subconsciously?

The other weird thing is it's not universal. Some people like greenflute seem to have experiences happen over and over, but most people seem to never have them happen.

Old 09-11-2014, 05:10 PM

Quote:
The other weird thing is it's not universal. Some people like greenflute seem to have experiences happen over and over, but most people seem to never have them happen.
I dated a guy last year around this time. He had never been married/never had any kids and was 40. So, we start hanging out and I got some funky energy from him. Mostly playful.. like little pink bows and everything was "silly". I told him he had a daughter because I could feel her energy. Anyway.. he took it real seriously and started contacting every past girlfriend he had and wanted them to send a picture of new boyfriends or husbands or kids and one stood out. A little girl that was 10 and then the mother ( or his ex-girlfriend) told him she was his. They did look identical so.. he was happy but he doesn't see her that much I don't think.. and I don't know 'why', but I don't think the little girl gained anything by knowing him because he is very selfish. I hope they have a good relationship ( of -course) but I didn't hang-out with him for long and never even got a "thank-you". He only cared about his own self and started announcing he had a daughter. I don't care but there is a LOT of energy that goes into knowing something like this or tapping into it. It's not simple and I didn't ask for it.. I just knew it.

Edit: Actually, it did work in my favor because I knew I wouldn't be hanging around him and he needed someone.. so I was shown this so he could go on. He was a father and needed to re-direct his energy towards his daughter.

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 09-11-2014 at 05:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal