U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 12:19 PM

12,214 posts, read 11,610,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Thanks. Not laughing, but not convinced either. If we're talking about a conclusive photograph, that ain't it.

Consider this. Mountain gorillas aren't exactly populous. For years, colonial Europeans scoffed at the natives' tales of jungle beasts, thinking it savage superstition. Then they investigated and found them. That's the key: They investigated and found them. People have been investigating Bigfoot for 50 years or more and haven't found Sasquat.

Not one conclusive photograph. Not one conclusive footprint. Not one corpse. No piles of Bigfoot poo. Nothing. Every one that has undergone serious scientific scrutiny has been determined inconclusive at best, or an outright hoax.

If there was a healthy breeding population of large mammals in western North America, we'd have found them by now. It's REALLY hard for several hundred gigantic primates to hide in even remote areas, much less the highly populated American West.
You are saying it is a hoaxed photo. Prove it is not.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2014, 12:41 PM

19,465 posts, read 23,117,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
You are saying it is a hoaxed photo. Prove it is not.
I don't know if it is a hoaxed photo. I do know I see nothing in that photo confirming the existence of Bigfoot.

Old 10-02-2014, 01:26 PM

Quote:
I don't know if it is a hoaxed photo. I do know I see nothing in that photo confirming the existence of Bigfoot.

confirming the existence of Bigfoot. What do you consider that is proof. You haven't ever been looking for any sign or do you even know what to loo for?

You refute but have nothing to back up your statement.

Look at post #68 off that thread for a comarison of a bear and a black and white of post #58.

Old 10-02-2014, 02:13 PM

6,971 posts, read 10,891,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mabel teaberry View Post
I believe it.I believe the reason people are so skeptical about the existance of bigfoot is the name.I believe that such a beast exists.Of course,since no one has ever caught one people are skeptical.I don't think there are very many of these,dare I say animals, worldwide.They could be a dying race .I have heard people say ," no one has ever found any bones,so they aren't real,"I don't know if anyone has found their bones are not,there are so many animal bones in the forests and mountains of the world,who is to say .I'm sure not every hunter or nomads would know exactly what a "bigfoot"bone would even look like.And I give you my word,if the government found one,we will never know.
This is what I believe too. I think there are many animals pre-historic and fabled that we've been told do not exist but I think have and some still here within isolated parts of the Earth like the infamous story of the dinosaur Mokele-Mbembe. People in the Congo are convinced and say they have seen the dinosaur themselves on the river. And others around the world have been reported seeing unknown creatures for generations. The whole finding the bones situation is a catch 22. We have many towns, suburbs, and big cities built on sites that are probably filled with bones of pre-historic and unknown creatures deep beneath the surface. Not to mention that we have millions of mountains submerged in the ocean from continental drift that have many bones of various creatures as well. This Earth is so huge and scientist and archaeologist haven't been EVERYWHERE so the sky is the limit as far as finding evidence is concerned. I think it's going to happen over time though.

Old 10-02-2014, 02:33 PM

Quote:
confirming the existence of Bigfoot. What do you consider that is proof.
A clear photograph. Bones. DNA. A carcass. A skeleton. I'm open to lots of kinds of proof. But for Bigfoot, there just isn't any. Not a single iota of proof.

Quote:
You refute but have nothing to back up your statement.
And how do you expect to disprove something that doesn't exist? I'd love it if Bigfoot were real. I would think it a thousand kinds of awesomeness. But there is absolutely no proof and a whole lot of reasons why Bigfoot does not exist.

Quote:
Look at post #68 off that thread for a comparison of a bear and a black and white of post #58.
Yeah, I did. And honestly the B&W version only makes it look even more doctored. Sorry. But you asked.

Old 10-02-2014, 02:45 PM

Quote:
A clear photograph. Bones. DNA. A carcass. A skeleton. I'm open to lots of kinds of proof. But for Bigfoot, there just isn't any. Not a single iota of proof.

And how do you expect to disprove something that doesn't exist? I'd love it if Bigfoot were real. I would think it a thousand kinds of awesomeness. But there is absolutely no proof and a whole lot of reasons why Bigfoot does not exist.

Yeah, I did. And honestly the B&W version only makes it look even more doctored. Sorry. But you asked.

Once again here is the reason why people don't tell all they know.

You will never know how wrong you are until you get out there for your self. These guys know their stuff.

Gulf Coast BigFoot Research Organization's Message Board

Old 10-02-2014, 04:09 PM

5,950 posts, read 4,600,283 times
You know, some of you people take all this (and the evidentiary value of your personal Just So stories) way too seriously. I don't get the point of not telling all you know ... If you have solid evidence other than personal stories that you think would pass the B.S Meter test for people like Mark S and me, please tell us.

Otherwise it has the same evidentiary value as a Christian saying "I prayed to Jesus last night and He cured my depression". Maybe so, but there's no way to objectively verify a statement like that. Or a statement like, i found scat with fruit pits in it and I think it's from bigfoot (sounds more like bear scat to me), or I heard howls and limbs cracking (how do I know it wasn't coyotes and Matt Moneymaker).

Old 10-03-2014, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Once again here is the reason why people don't tell all they know.
Don't get me wrong. I would LOVE it if Bigfoot exists. I was a total Bigfoot nerd as a kid. I WANT Bigfoot to exist. But I have never seen a single scrap of evidence that convinces me there is any such creature. Not one. And when you look into the kind of environment, breeding population, and food source such a large creature would need, the possibility of such a creature existing today becomes very close to impossible.

In the unsettled forests of northeast Asia ... well, okay, maybe. But even there, show me the evidence. I can concede it might be POSSIBLE. But possibility and proof are two different things. Until I see some evidence, I remain skeptical.

Old 10-03-2014, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Don't get me wrong. I would LOVE it if Bigfoot exists. I was a total Bigfoot nerd as a kid. I WANT Bigfoot to exist. But I have never seen a single scrap of evidence that convinces me there is any such creature. Not one. And when you look into the kind of environment, breeding population, and food source such a large creature would need, the possibility of such a creature existing today becomes very close to impossible.

In the unsettled forests of northeast Asia ... well, okay, maybe. But even there, show me the evidence. I can concede it might be POSSIBLE. But possibility and proof are two different things. Until I see some evidence, I remain skeptical.

A i said Mark. You have to get out in the field and get a little experience and meet some of the real people that are in the know. Then and only then will they show you pictures etc and give you tips and ideas etc.
As for pictures. These things are very wise and the chances for a photo of them standing out in the open is very hard to attain. I have posted a link about the photo equipment that people photoing gorillas need and the conditions in Africa are not that different from what is necessary around here. almost every blobsquatch photo is camera vibration of hand movement.

This stuff is kind of like learning to ride a horse. You can read all the books and watch hours of video but it will sure be different when you get up there and sit in the saddle.

Things are quite different when you are out in the dark all night without a campfire or using lights.

Old 10-03-2014, 12:03 PM

5,950 posts, read 4,600,283 times
Quote:
A i said Mark. You have to get out in the field and get a little experience and meet some of the real people that are in the know. Then and only then will they show you pictures etc and give you tips and ideas etc.
If these people have definitive evidence that will silence the critics, what possible reason could they have for sitting on it rather than sharing it with the world? The rational approach is, throw it out there and see if anyone can shoot it down.

Every incident of physical evidence has involved things like rubber masks, roadkill guts, artificial fibers, and the like. The fact that the people in the know will only share their "evidence" with a fellow True Believer smells pretty fishy to me. It makes someone like me wonder what they're hiding.

Quote:
Things are quite different when you are out in the dark all night without a campfire or using lights.
Yeah, it's called getting freaked out in the dark. We're on alert when we hear a noise in the dark because for our ancestors there was likely a sabertoothed tiger or dire wolf on the other side of the sound.

Back when I did a lot of camping in the Appalachians, I would hear plenty of unidentified noises in the dark. Things would hit my tent/slither across it. There would be calls, and knocking noises. When I heard them, I'd think, there's a rotten branch falling from a tree, or there's a bear/coyote/panther out there, not OMG! BIGFOOT! These days, I'd wonder if it was a bunch of "squatchers" out there doing knocks and howls.

On the hunting bigfoot show, they'll hear a bunch of coyotes howling and single one out as "not a coyote" because it sounds a little different. Matt Moneymaker claims to be one of the people in the know, yet he and his True Believer buddies don't seem to understand that coyotes get sore throats and throat injuries. When their token skeptic Ranae points something like this out, Moneymaker's response (in addition to the eye rolls) typically involves his citing his two decades of "experience". Sorry, you can believe something for twenty years and still be wrong about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal