U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 01:17 PM

12,203 posts, read 11,553,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
If these people have definitive evidence that will silence the critics, what possible reason could they have for sitting on it rather than sharing it with the world? The rational approach is, throw it out there and see if anyone can shoot it down.

Every incident of physical evidence has involved things like rubber masks, roadkill guts, artificial fibers, and the like. The fact that the people in the know will only share their "evidence" with a fellow True Believer smells pretty fishy to me. It makes someone like me wonder what they're hiding.

Yeah, it's called getting freaked out in the dark. We're on alert when we hear a noise in the dark because for our ancestors there was likely a sabertoothed tiger or dire wolf on the other side of the sound.

Back when I did a lot of camping in the Appalachians, I would hear plenty of unidentified noises in the dark. Things would hit my tent/slither across it. There would be calls, and knocking noises. When I heard them, I'd think, there's a rotten branch falling from a tree, or there's a bear/coyote/panther out there, not OMG! BIGFOOT! These days, I'd wonder if it was a bunch of "squatchers" out there doing knocks and howls.

On the hunting bigfoot show, they'll hear a bunch of coyotes howling and single one out as "not a coyote" because it sounds a little different. Matt Moneymaker claims to be one of the people in the know, yet he and his True Believer buddies don't seem to understand that coyotes get sore throats and throat injuries. When their token skeptic Ranae points something like this out, Moneymaker's response (in addition to the eye rolls) typically involves his citing his two decades of "experience". Sorry, you can believe something for twenty years and still be wrong about it.

You want credibility with your comments and then you talk about watching TV shows etc and then you bring up Matt Moneymaker. MM charges people and takes them out and always they have some sort of experience.You are getting your info from a known hoaxer and you would have known this if you actually investigated anything about this subject.

You just comment of what you see on tv and don't actually find out any thing of truth.

Believe what you want i don't owe you anything. I sure your smug attitude of being all knowing is showing.

Armchair quarterbacks are a dime a dozen.

You like many others talk about hiking and camping and say nothing ever happened. Were you awake every night all night? I sure doubt it. Were you asleep how would you know what went on?

Your theory has just been debunked.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2014, 02:48 PM

5,834 posts, read 4,535,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Believe what you want i don't owe you anything. I [sic] sure your smug attitude of being all knowing ...
Your theory has just been debunked.
First of all, I don't recall proposing a theory of anything. Second, smugness is as smugness does. You speak as an authority because of your personal experiences. I mention mine and I'm an armchair quarterback. And for the record, I mentioned Moneymaker because he's making the same claim to authority based on his experience as you are. You're birds of a feather.

Say hi to bigfoot for me next time you see him.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal