U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2014, 04:37 PM

13,337 posts, read 7,103,541 times

Advertisements

Today, I dreampt that an acting classmate friend, of about 30 years difference in age, had become my crucifier. She had caught me with blue movies at work, said "Do you know you can be terminated for having these at work? You have 14 days to call a special congress to review your case, but if you do, they will see these tapes and I will be there to testify against you."

Wow, some friend......and after that, I was trying to a Vampirelle trick, getting her to forget, rewriting immediate time to what the tapes actually were.

As to some parts of the dream, the tensions can always be identified, such as worrying about a machine crash when you are watching something you should not be. Or being way behind in my tapes conversion.

As to why I dreampt about her, well, I saw a picture of a play partner of hers doing an incredible back arch and thinking, once, I was limber like that but if I tried that now.................

But what is it in dreams that makes dear friends into enemies?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2014, 05:39 PM

25,736 posts, read 27,220,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Today, I dreampt that an acting classmate friend, of about 30 years difference in age, had become my crucifier. She had caught me with blue movies at work, said "Do you know you can be terminated for having these at work? You have 14 days to call a special congress to review your case, but if you do, they will see these tapes and I will be there to testify against you."

Wow, some friend......and after that, I was trying to a Vampirelle trick, getting her to forget, rewriting immediate time to what the tapes actually were.

As to some parts of the dream, the tensions can always be identified, such as worrying about a machine crash when you are watching something you should not be. Or being way behind in my tapes conversion.

As to why I dreampt about her, well, I saw a picture of a play partner of hers doing an incredible back arch and thinking, once, I was limber like that but if I tried that now.................

I don't know, mistrust of that particular friend or maybe mistrust of someone/something else? Something that's supposed to be good for you, but you're not so sure?

Also, there may be a degree of guilt involved, since in the dream, you had done something wrong. The consequence my have been overblown, but in your mind, the punishment didn't come out of nowhere.

Old 09-22-2014, 10:47 PM

13,337 posts, read 7,103,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I don't know, mistrust of that particular friend or maybe mistrust of someone/something else? Something that's supposed to be good for you, but you're not so sure?

Also, there may be a degree of guilt involved, since in the dream, you had done something wrong. The consequence my have been overblown, but in your mind, the punishment didn't come out of nowhere.
Well, there is always guilt, from how one might be interpreted in this reactionary, politically correct world, to the frailties of the human soul and how we consider that we have never done enough, to be constantly reminded by the news of what we should be doing. And there is this man on a chat list who has a picture of himself that looks like the "Confess" poster http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/0208...hate11_576.jpg
Constantly seeing that, loving "The Running Man" has to play on the inner mind somewhere.

But true, about guilt and computers. I do decorate my diaries with pictures that reflect my thoughts and sometimes, those pictures are perhaps not the best to be searching for on a work computer. For example, in the last volume, a picture related to a thought, it may have been about tequila, was one of Tori Welles. The picture that went into the diary, that went to the printer, was a head shot.......but do you know how hard it is to find a head shot picture of her on the Net?

Or how about "people who waste your time"? Well, the picture for that is when Mr. Hand visits Jeff (?) at home in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High".....and the pictures on the wall behind Jeff clearly are Playboy centerfolds, one of them I believe is Dorothy Mays. I think, I haven't bothered to look her up to confirm.

Now, of course, I could always play it all safe and sterile and stray only in protected harbors.....but the daily writing, searching, pasting is both destressing to me and also, a means to keep the mind active in how it can visualize thought, how it can search things out........and also, improve my capability at work to be able to find new ways to search out answers.

As far as why the friend? Maybe it is a feeling of "betrayal". One day on Facebook, realized I hadn't heard from her for a while, to find out her page was gone. Shrug, I suppose, people graduate and move on.....but it is not easy to lose the links with a friend.

Old 10-05-2014, 12:55 AM

2,588 posts, read 1,974,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post

Same thing as in life, loaning them money! lol

Old 10-05-2014, 11:03 AM

3,751 posts, read 6,731,482 times
In the majority of dreams, the person playing a character should not be associated with that person specifically. They have become a symbolic character in the dream because of their personality or actions.
Pretty much all dream characters are a reflection of the dreamer; a quality they posses or qualities that they admire or desire.

A young character may be about youthful innocence. Could be about just starting out in 'the game of life'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal