Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 01:20 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,647,640 times

Advertisements

It's frustrating to say the least. Even the Western house systems can throw you off, and that's just with Placidus vs. Koch! It's still such an inexact science (in my opinion) because we know so much about different divining methods, yet we know so little about how the planets actually influence us through mathematical equations (i.e., which one to use to delineate the chart). And now they want to remove Pluto as a planet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2014, 02:33 AM

1,369 posts, read 2,274,051 times
Well I'm a Leo by sun sign, but have Scorpio rising, moon in Scorpio, and saturn in Scorpio. I'm not real sure what all that means, but no one guesses me for a Leo.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:51 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,409,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amylewis View Post
Well I'm a Leo by sun sign, but have Scorpio rising, moon in Scorpio, and saturn in Scorpio. I'm not real sure what all that means, but no one guesses me for a Leo.
Me too! Sun in Leo, moon in Scorpio and Scorpio rising.

Back when I knew nothing about astrology, I felt it wasn't true because I didn't seem like a Leo. Now I know why.

Last edited by Shooting Stars; 10-09-2014 at 10:23 AM..

Old 10-09-2014, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Me too! Sun in Leo, moon in Scorpio and Scorpio rising.

Back when I knew nothing about astrology, I felt it wasn't true because I didn't seem like a Leo.
Really now! How about that! I don't think I've ever yet run into someone who shared that with me. I'll bet we could have some decent talks. What year were you born? I was born in 1954. Perhaps we have had similar life experiences. I'd love to chat and find out what we might have in common.

Someone back in Ann Arbor did my chart years ago, and I'm not sure how good she was at it, she was a quite volatile type of person and I won't guarantee she did it right, and I'll be darned if I understand it at all, but here it is:

Last edited by amylewis; 10-09-2014 at 10:31 AM..

Old 10-09-2014, 11:19 AM

8,452 posts, read 15,041,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky_topaz View Post
I wonder whether or not Western or Vedic astrology is more accurate-since basically all your Vedic data is like one sign right after what your Western signs are...
Not in my opinion. This is a re-wording of a previous post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
Vedic astrology pretends that Uranus, Neptune and Pluto don't exist. A few things have changed in the world since 1781 when astronomers discovered the solar system extended beyond Saturn. The outer planets represent those changes. Vedic hasn't changed with the times. Not to mention Vedic's infatuation with gemstones, superstition, and the gloom and doom (e.g., the 6th, 8th and 12th houses are "bad") fatalistic tone of many Vedic astrologers---and I have known dozens---is not only antiquated, but their readings leave many clients full of anxiety and fear. Then these clients then get talked into buying gemstones (a lucrative side business for many Vedic astrologers) or paying for special mantras to "heal" their supposed "bad luck."

And contrary to what Vedic practitioners claim, Hindu astrology was not the origin of western astrology. In fact, it may be the other way around. The Sumerians of 2,900 BC are the most likely candidates, but the phenomenon of simultaneous discovery/invention is also possible. In the attached article, it is even theorized that cavemen in France may have a role in the creation of the zodiac 17,000 years ago.

The Origin of the Zodiac.

Old 10-09-2014, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
And now they want to remove Pluto as a planet.
They already did. But it soon may be ba-a-a-ck!

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2...stem/16578959/

Old 10-09-2014, 05:21 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,409,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amylewis View Post
Really now! How about that! I don't think I've ever yet run into someone who shared that with me. I'll bet we could have some decent talks. What year were you born? I was born in 1954. Perhaps we have had similar life experiences. I'd love to chat and find out what we might have in common.

Someone back in Ann Arbor did my chart years ago, and I'm not sure how good she was at it, she was a quite volatile type of person and I won't guarantee she did it right, and I'll be darned if I understand it at all, but here it is:

To get some insight on your chart, go to Horoscope and Astrology - Homepage - Astrodienst and input your birth date, time, and place. Then go to "Free Horoscopes" and click on "Astro Click Portrait".

Your chart will come up and you can click on all the houses. symbols, and lines and get interpretations. Some things in your chart will conflict with each other, but that's because no one is simple. We can act one way, and then act another way at a different time.

It's not the same as what a professional astrologer would do because they synthesize your chart and explain it better. But it's a good start.

Old 10-09-2014, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post

To get some insight on your chart, go to Horoscope and Astrology - Homepage - Astrodienst and input your birth date, time, and place. Then go to "Free Horoscopes" and click on "Astro Click Portrait".
I found how to input my information, but it rejects the town I was born in, Jackson Michigan, and refuses to believe it exists. I know it does, I was born there, so this site is not of much use to me at all. It wants me to say I was born in Jackson in four other states and will except no other answers. Pretty lame if you ask me.

Old 10-09-2014, 06:35 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,672,460 times
Put in the closest major town. The difference in location will not make a difference in the chart.

Old 10-09-2014, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Put in the closest major town. The difference in location will not make a difference in the chart.
Sorry, but this is casual advice that some may take wrong. Precise location DOES matter. Some people live quite far from a major city. For those who want an accurate chart, distance may indeed affect a chart, especially the ascendant and house cusps:

Longitude

An error of fifteen degrees in the longitude makes a difference of one hour in the birth time. An error of one degree in longitude produces an error of 4 minutes in the birth time. This will affect the ascendant and the cusps most, producing an error of one degree in them. An error of 23 degrees in the longitude would produce an error of one degree in the moon's position. The other planetary objects, would be affected considerably less.

Miles

The distance between time zones is about 1000 miles. That is, 15 degrees of longitude represent 1000 miles. One degree is therefore about 1000 /15 miles or 67 miles. An error of 67 miles would therefore produce an error of 4 minutes on the birth time. This would introduce an error of one degree in the ascendant. Of course, the difference in miles between time zones varies. It is about 1000 miles at the equator and zero at the poles.

Latitude

Errors in latitude do not affect the MC and the planetary positions. They affect the ascendant and the house cusps. An error of about 1 degree in latitude produces an error of about half of one degree in the ascendent. One degree of latitude is about 67 miles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal