U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 12:49 PM

747 posts, read 1,914,323 times

Advertisements

Any astrology buffs here? Well, this might be YOUR post...if you feel like your life has been hard and don't know why.

I know I feel that way; I always felt like many of my peers seemed to glide through life, and I struggled quite a bit. Of course I was told that I have different diagnosises, i.e. Asperger's syndrome, etc...at times I doubt the credibility of these diagnosis...But I digress a little.

You might be struggling in your life more than usual due to cycles of Satarn in your chart...Saturn, as any astrologer knows...is the planet of "hard knocks". causing symptoms of depression, struggle, hardship, limitation, not having "enough", health problems, etc. So we like to think of Saturn as a "bad guy" planet or god....Conversely, Jupiter is more of a good guy, the planet of blessings, fortune, abundance and wealth, so we like him better! (Funny, I always heard that Jupiter (of to the Greeks, Zeus) is the ruler of the gods, so could that mean Jupiter can overpower Saturn? )

Sometimes these "spells" are short and sometimes they are not...they are supposed to teach us what our grandmothers often said "This too shall pass". Perhaps we are influenced by Saturn so that we will not take our great blessings (From Jupiter's influence) for granted.

Some women who are struggling with romantic issues, still haven't met Mr. Right and they are over 30, etc., are caught up in a "Cycle of Saturn" in which it is "not their time yet". But then the cycle passes, and one day they meet "the one" almost without effort! Sometimes I wish I had knew about this a lot sooner, when I was younger and still single! When I had my chart done, it did reveal a hard cycle in the early 2000s for me...which explains a lot.

it makes you feel better about yourself, instead of feeling that you are "cursed"! Great info!

Carol Allen's Cycles of Saturn Report - Love Is In The Stars: Truth on Astrological Love and Astrology Attraction
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2014, 12:56 PM

19,365 posts, read 14,899,676 times
When I see a poster describing tough times...I go to their profile and, bingo, they are 28.
I was concerned about 56...I was told what you don't work out at 28 comes back bigger at 56...
well, that didn't happen...I went into spiritual 'warp 5', I'd say, and took off spiritually.

Old 09-23-2014, 02:51 PM

11,980 posts, read 11,291,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
When I see a poster describing tough times...I go to their profile and, bingo, they are 28.
I was concerned about 56...I was told what you don't work out at 28 comes back bigger at 56...
well, that didn't happen...I went into spiritual 'warp 5', I'd say, and took off spiritually.
Interesting-why 28? (I'll be 28 2 weeks from tomorrow)

Old 09-23-2014, 03:41 PM

3,751 posts, read 6,758,651 times
28 because that's the time when one is in a Saturn Return.
The actual timing is something like 27.6 years to 29.2, a Saturn return has about a 2.5 year duration. May not have my numbers exact, actually know I don't, but that is it roughly.
Then we have to contend with Mercury Retrogrades...we are at the door of a mercury retrograde right now and for the past two weeks I have been seeing and experiencing its influence. It used to annoy me, now I just laugh.

During my 28th year, Saturn Return, I left my abusive partner, got with a kind hearted soul who was then killed just as we started to really settle into the relationship.

Between Satrurn returns, there are lesser 'hard times' when Transiting Saturn squares (and in opposition of) natal Saturn, about every 7 years.

Women who have Saturn square thier Sun tend to have issues with their fathers.
Growing up, the relationship between me and my father was a challenge to say the least. Of course when I got older and started to study astrology I found I had such a square. Duh!

Saturn contracts while Jupiter expands. Both are teacher planets and lean towards fated situations.

Saturn Returns can be difficult, especially if you are unaware of them. But when one knows there is a Saturn return, it is easier to work with.
The main thing that people see as a challenge and hard times, is that Saturn 'forces' change in our lives and it is human nature to resist change.
Accept change with open arms and a Saturn return can be a breeze - most of the time.

Old 09-23-2014, 07:06 PM

747 posts, read 1,914,323 times
I was 28 in 2006.
Was actively dating-in a relationship at the time, but most certainly Mr. Wrong.
I was working-part-time, so that made me happy. No money issues that I remember.
Two out of three ain't bad But then again, I think 2006 was a better time overall. It was still before the economy crashed.
I always found it amazing how many famous people who have had rough lives or questionable lifestyle choices end up dying right at 27 (suicide, drug overdose.)
Kurt Cobain, Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrisson, Janis Joplin, Heath Ledger...and there's a few more I can't think of right now. I don't think Heath Leger's death was intentional btw. But it's ALWAYS 27. I always thought there had to be a cosmic connection.
I have Moon opposition Saturn in my chart. I think that has something to do with emotions or moods.
No surprise there-as I have been combating depression for as long as I can remember!
I'm always surprised that I do not have a negative Venus/Saturn configuration (Square or Opposition) as I've led a pretty solitary life
I do have Venus square Midheaven-I am not sure right now what that translates into-Venus is the plant of love, sociability, and beauty...but I do not know what the Midheaven points refer to...

Old 10-04-2014, 11:06 AM

1,871 posts, read 1,821,403 times
My friend told me last night about how we are currently in Mercury Retrograde. I know someone is gonna come on here and say it is all bull but I think it might explain the chaos that is my life and the stuff that happened this week. I would love someone to share more about this who knows what it is all about.

Old 10-05-2014, 05:55 PM

A Mercury retrograde is 'fun'! Not...but can be re-warding. I can tell without tracking when there is a merc retro as things start going wonkey with the Internet. Once an email was sent three times, hubs had a motorcycle accident, this round my phone would not connect to the Internet.
Mercury, in a nutshell, is about communications, commercial transactions, siblings, and short travels.
It is said that if at all possible, to postpone the signing of any legal documents.
If communication is hindered, I can understand why. Perhaps the contract was not properly worded.
A merc retro is also a time to re-visit things that have been ignored for sometime. Pick up a project not touched in months. Re-assess a business plan never implemented, and so on.
It can be a time of communication problems in relationships or just in general.
I have learned to avoid debates during a mercury retrograde because things get misunderstood, be it their sense of what I said, or I failed to convey myself fully.

Old 10-06-2014, 12:47 PM

11,980 posts, read 11,291,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdude_Charlie View Post
My friend told me last night about how we are currently in Mercury Retrograde. I know someone is gonna come on here and say it is all bull but I think it might explain the chaos that is my life and the stuff that happened this week. I would love someone to share more about this who knows what it is all about.
Yep-interesting stuff.

Patient Compassion and Compassionate Patience

"On 4th October GMT Mercury begins its retrograde cycle which continues until its direct station on 25th October. In doing so it alerts us to the fact that we may have missed something recently which proves to be a vital piece of the jigsaw. In our eagerness for ‘progress’ we can easily overlook the obstacle which will bring us down in due course if we fail to allow for it now. In stationing retrograde at this point, Mercury puts the brakes on for a while and bids us to look back over where we have recently been to see what we may have missed, wilfully or otherwise."

Old 10-07-2014, 11:49 PM

256 posts, read 299,320 times
Can anyone recommend me some good books to learn so much about astrology? I know info is found easy online, its just easier in my daily life to read a book. Thanks for any info.

I already have my charts, I just have really no idea what I am doing. I know mercury retrograde has been alright so far for me, I do not seem as effect as other people in my life.

Old 10-08-2014, 01:13 AM

A book that you can use to look up the planet placements, signs and houses, aspects and such; A to Z Horoscope Maker and Delineator by George Llewellyn.
It is a fat book, includes how to construct a chart by hand if one is adventurous enough and is not afraid of a little math.
It also covers a bit about transit, composite and Synastry charts as well as progressed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal