U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 04:36 PM

758 posts, read 448,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
I can't shake an experience I had a couple months ago. I was staying at my grandparents house in Boston, helping them pack up for their move to Georgia. I was in a sound sleep in the guest bedroom. Suddenly I was *wide* awake and staring up at a VERY angry male face. He was hovering above me. Green light emanating from him. His features were a little bit ...warped almost? Hard to describe. All I could think was "what the £^#|{% is happening and why is he so mad at me???" No noise, just an extremely ticked off expression, glaring down at me.

After a couple horrific seconds he disappeared into thin air.

I couldn't go back to sleep after that and just stayed up packing.

Has anyone else experienced negative/evil spirits in this manner?
I haven't seen faces, but the visual aspect, and how
it faded after a couple of seconds, reminds me of a
phenomenon I've experienced, where as I wake up
(usually after sleeping in on a Saturay morning), I
see a pattern of cracks all over the walls and ceiling.
It seems so real; the pattern follows the dimensions
of the room, as though someone had come in and
wallpapered everything with a crack-design.
I later found out it's what's called a hypnopompic
hallucination, which happens as one is coming
out of sleep.

-
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2014, 06:56 AM

151 posts, read 160,098 times
Hmmm, ....... well, once a long time ago, I had a very similar experience; only with my demon it kept waking me up over and over again! Almost every night I'd go to bed; and, voila, that damned demon would suddenly appear, get into bed with me, and ruin my night.

Things went on like this for a couple of years. Then, after the divorce, the demon went away and has only occasionally bothered me ever since. (Ain't it annoying how some demons just can't seem to, 'get the message' and refuse to let go!)

Old 10-13-2014, 06:11 PM

420 posts, read 615,449 times
When I was younger I use to see a face in the window once in a while. I would turn around, it would be there, and then quickly duck down. It also looked extremely pissed off, and to a 6 year old was terrifying. One time in particular the face was dark skinned. I immediately accused my brother (who is also dark skinned), but I knew there was no way it could be him because I would have seen him go outside.

The last time it happened I was 15 and on the second floor, so this espeially terrified me. And no, I was not on anything. I am sure there is a logical explanation for it, but it has stuck with me all these years.

Old 10-14-2014, 01:35 PM

651 posts, read 578,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I had a pretty horrifying experience as a young child, but I don't think it was a demon. It had to be a trick of the mind somehow. I think if people can hallucinate during sleep paralysis, they can hallucinate as a continuation of a dream for a few seconds too. But who knows.

What I saw was something that looked like a man with no skin. He was all sinew, like a medical textbook, I guess. Just a mass of strings, and red and I think yellowish...? Hard to remember now. He wasn't moving in the doorway but his "sinew" was. Ugh. He was glowing.

I know it wasn't sleep paralysis because I dove under the covers. After a few minutes I got up my courage to peek out. He was gone.

I stayed awake the rest of the night.
I saw almost the exact same thing as you when I was literally only 1 yr old. It was horrifying and believe me, at the age of 1 and I can still remember 31 years later. You may say I was just a baby, have no consciousness but in fact, I can still clearly draw that thing that I saw then. It was crystal clear, shapes and forms were exactly how you described it. What's weird is that my siblings also seen the same thing and we all thought it was someone playing tricks but most likely not. The ironic thing is our house was built a few feet away from two dead people buried below.

I still have goose bumps every time I talk about it or thinking of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal