Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 12:26 PM

1,397 posts, read 1,618,451 times

Advertisements

I can't shake an experience I had a couple months ago. I was staying at my grandparents house in Boston, helping them pack up for their move to Georgia. I was in a sound sleep in the guest bedroom. Suddenly I was *wide* awake and staring up at a VERY angry male face. He was hovering above me. Green light emanating from him. His features were a little bit ...warped almost? Hard to describe. All I could think was "what the £^#|{% is happening and why is he so mad at me???" No noise, just an extremely ticked off expression, glaring down at me.

After a couple horrific seconds he disappeared into thin air.

I couldn't go back to sleep after that and just stayed up packing.

Has anyone else experienced negative/evil spirits in this manner?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2014, 12:41 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,631,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
I can't shake an experience I had a couple months ago. I was staying at my grandparents house in Boston, helping them pack up for their move to Georgia. I was in a sound sleep in the guest bedroom. Suddenly I was *wide* awake and staring up at a VERY angry male face. He was hovering above me. Green light emanating from him. His features were a little bit ...warped almost? Hard to describe. All I could think was "what the £^#|{% is happening and why is he so mad at me???" No noise, just an extremely ticked off expression, glaring down at me.

After a couple horrific seconds he disappeared into thin air.

I couldn't go back to sleep after that and just stayed up packing.

Has anyone else experienced negative/evil spirits in this manner?
- So was it a demon. or was it a very angry, glaring face of a male?
- Have your grandparents mentioned anything similar?
- Is it possible that it might have been a dream?

Old 09-24-2014, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
- So was it a demon. or was it a very angry, glaring face of a male?
- Have your grandparents mentioned anything similar?
- Is it possible that it might have been a dream?
It appeared to be predominantly human, but his features were twisted, almost like some sort of samurai mask, but not quite. I've never seen a demon per se, so I'm not sure. All I know is it was MAD.
I didn't mention it to my grandparents, they don't believe in ghosts/demons/supernatural beings. They would probably worry about me.
I was awake, and shaken so much I couldn't go back to sleep. I saw it during total consciousness. No doubt about that whatsoever.

So odd.

Old 09-24-2014, 05:48 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,631,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
It appeared to be predominantly human, but his features were twisted, almost like some sort of samurai mask, but not quite. I've never seen a demon per se, so I'm not sure. All I know is it was MAD.
I didn't mention it to my grandparents, they don't believe in ghosts/demons/supernatural beings. They would probably worry about me.
I was awake, and shaken so much I couldn't go back to sleep. I saw it during total consciousness. No doubt about that whatsoever.

So odd.
Thanks JC. So then using the word "demon" was just a catchy figure of speech for the title. About your grandparents, I was just wondering if they had ever mentioned anything to you about anything unusual like that. Apparently not. The reason I asked if it might have been a dream is because you also said you were sound asleep in the guest bedroom. You saw something for a few seconds, then it was gone. As realistic as the experience may have seemed, it could have been disorientation from suddenly waking up from a sound sleep.

Old 09-24-2014, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
Thanks JC. So then using the word "demon" was just a catchy figure of speech for the title. About your grandparents, I was just wondering if they had ever mentioned anything to you about anything unusual like that. Apparently not. The reason I asked if it might have been a dream is because you also said you were sound asleep in the guest bedroom. You saw something for a few seconds, then it was gone. As realistic as the experience may have seemed, it could have been disorientation from suddenly waking up from a sound sleep.
I'm just trying to see if others have had a similar experience. Anything else you want to critique?

Old 09-24-2014, 08:02 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
I had a pretty horrifying experience as a young child, but I don't think it was a demon. It had to be a trick of the mind somehow. I think if people can hallucinate during sleep paralysis, they can hallucinate as a continuation of a dream for a few seconds too. But who knows.

What I saw was something that looked like a man with no skin. He was all sinew, like a medical textbook, I guess. Just a mass of strings, and red and I think yellowish...? Hard to remember now. He wasn't moving in the doorway but his "sinew" was. Ugh. He was glowing.

I know it wasn't sleep paralysis because I dove under the covers. After a few minutes I got up my courage to peek out. He was gone.

I stayed awake the rest of the night.

Old 09-26-2014, 11:52 PM

4,657 posts, read 4,116,410 times
You had an hypnagogic hallucination. There really is nothing to be concerned about, and I would not bother your grand parents over it.

Hypnagogia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Very sane and normal people have such hallucination. I had one myself when I was very young.

Old 09-27-2014, 08:22 PM

3,978 posts, read 4,573,459 times
Have you been smoking something or taking any medication?

Old 09-29-2014, 02:43 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
You had an hypnagogic hallucination. There really is nothing to be concerned about, and I would not bother your grand parents over it.

Hypnagogia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Very sane and normal people have such hallucination. I had one myself when I was very young.
That is really interesting, thank you!

Old 09-29-2014, 09:13 PM

245 posts, read 712,225 times
I've had plenty of similar experience. I would be paralyzed in my sleep with my eyes open while seeing a face staring back at me. It was terrifying!!! I then learned to accept it and enjoy the show It ends when I decide to just mentally conjure up the strength to kick them away. It also helps to know it's purely in my head and nothing supernatural. I don't know if you were paralyzed like I was in your experience.

Last edited by FrostyThe2nd; 09-29-2014 at 09:22 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal