Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2017, 05:45 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,486,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
But by NOT discussing it, it becomes an "aha! they are hiding something" moment for some people.
The problem is that there are people that do not even need something like that. They read on the Internet that the Government is hiding it and believe that because they want to believe that.

When asked why the Government would hide evidence of aliens they often parrot "Because people cannot handle it!", but of course they can handle it. So in the end it is self validation that they are better than everyone else because they "know".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2017, 11:19 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,052,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
The problem is that there are people that do not even need something like that. They read on the Internet that the Government is hiding it and believe that because they want to believe that.

When asked why the Government would hide evidence of aliens they often parrot "Because people cannot handle it!", but of course they can handle it. So in the end it is self validation that they are better than everyone else because they "know".

You know what? Over the years, a lot of conspiracy and alien stuff I used to read for entertainment seemed to be reminiscent of the X Files or older science fiction television series!

I knew a kid who was into the occult. he actually worshipped Minon, the supreme god named in the movie "The Craft". Minon doesn't even come from ancient legends - it was simply made up for that excellent movie.

Old 07-11-2017, 09:41 PM

6,941 posts, read 6,869,734 times
Of course, hohoho how stupid these people are. We know aliens dont exist dont we?

We know that anyone who believes in abductions, UFOs, aliens, ghosts, or anything else which cannot be prodded, poked, measured, analysed, or cut up .... cannot possibly be real.

Get real, there ARE people out there who believe in all kinds of stuff which cannot be proved. And yes, there are even people who believe in God too.

Apart from wishing you all a happy life, I hope you manage to experience some of the amazing things in this life which are not acknowledged by science and which still exist in spite of that.

Not all of these things are 'happy' experiences but if you believe they dont exist, then maybe they (abductions, anal probing, DNA harvesting, experiments, etc) will not exist for you. Heres hoping, because there are plenty of people who have experienced something.... and it has not been pleasant for them. But, of course they cannot prove it so they must be totally delusional.

Old 07-12-2017, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Of course, hohoho how stupid these people are. We know aliens dont exist dont we?
I do not believe anyone here is saying that. I feel this is a huge exaggeration to make others look ignorant.

I believe most of the people on this forum believe there is alien life out there, just some of them believe that there is not intelligent alien life visiting earth.
Quote:
We know that anyone who believes in abductions, UFOs, aliens, ghosts, or anything else which cannot be prodded, poked, measured, analysed, or cut up .... cannot possibly be real.
If it is happening I would like to know about it. If someone is lying about it I want to know that as well.
Quote:
Get real, there ARE people out there who believe in all kinds of stuff which cannot be proved. And yes, there are even people who believe in God too.
It is fine that people believe. I am not sure anyone has any problem with that at all. But when people make specific claims we would like to know what they base it on. That is how conversations go. If there is good persuasive proof then I would like to get the word out there. It would be fairly important to me.
Quote:
Apart from wishing you all a happy life, I hope you manage to experience some of the amazing things in this life which are not acknowledged by science and which still exist in spite of that.
You are not better than anyone solely because you believe in aliens, the paranormal or the occult so please save us the insults.
Quote:
Not all of these things are 'happy' experiences but if you believe they dont exist, then maybe they (abductions, anal probing, DNA harvesting, experiments, etc) will not exist for you. Heres hoping, because there are plenty of people who have experienced something.... and it has not been pleasant for them. But, of course they cannot prove it so they must be totally delusional.
I think there are a lot of people who would like to see evidence. If someone makes a claim that they were sexually molested by an entire football team people are going to ask why they believe this. If they say "Well I was asleep and did not wake up, there was no evidence left behind, but I know I was sexually assaulted by the entire football team." I am going to be skeptical. Because it is a very specific claim with no reason to believe that it was done by the people that the claimant is accusing. That is fair in my book.

Old 07-12-2017, 12:21 PM

2,029 posts, read 1,364,334 times
Quote:

For as he thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7

I believe the doubters are actually the minority. Usually the ones who mock as well. Like you said, if they can't poke it or see it, it doesn't exist.

You nailed it with this post.

Old 07-12-2017, 02:26 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,052,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post

It is fine that people believe. I am not sure anyone has any problem with that at all. But when people make specific claims we would like to know what they base it on. That is how conversations go. If there is good persuasive proof then I would like to get the word out there. It would be fairly important to me.

Thank you, Old Guard! I do not think I am ever confrontational. But some people become offended and upset if you...simply ask questions, or claim they are wrong, or misbehaving.

No one helps their argument by getting on the defensive and resorting to character assassination.

Old 07-12-2017, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
For as he thinks in his heart, so is he. - Proverbs 23:7

Like you said, if they can't poke it or see it, it doesn't exist.
A few things I cannot poke or see that I believe exist:

• Wind
• Gravity
• Atoms
• Virginity
• Pride
• Farts

Old 07-12-2017, 06:25 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,835,280 times
As soon as I saw that Mars picture, I knew exactly what is was. I've viewed one through my windshield a lot of times over the years.

It's an ancient Martian drag strip !

Old 07-13-2017, 10:37 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 25 days ago)

27,640 posts, read 16,125,463 times
Why not?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7mOxQghay9w

Old 07-13-2017, 10:51 AM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
While I believe there is life beyond earth....this whole thing is a giant retread of the whole "face on mars" meme that floated around for decades and decades which turned out to be a rock outcropping with crappy photo quality.

You can go all over our own world and "see" rock formations that look like faces or animals or a host of different things.

Just look at the thread title presenting this as concrete proof. lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal