U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2014, 08:03 PM

398 posts, read 825,500 times

Advertisements

Tonight while my husband was putting my 3 year old son to bed, he started talking about paw paw. That is how we refer to my father who passed away about 10 years ago. He was saying that paw paw was in church with us and also at the movies and he had to tell him to "shhhh." So my husband asked him what he looked like and he said he was bald, with glasses, and a mustache. These are all true. He said he looks like a train conductor. Which I thought was odd until I realized that the only time I dreamt of my father was when he was wearing his striped suit from my wedding which was just a few months before he passed away. He was the happiest I had ever seen him that night. So then my husband said "well tell him mommy misses him very much" when you see him again. So my son looks past my husband and says "mommy misses you very much." My husband came downstairs looking very freaked out and tells me about this. So I go up and say I heard you saw paw paw and he said yes. So I said is he still here. And he said no, he is gone now. As we are talking, he keeps glancing over my shoulder. I felt extremely unsettled this whole time.

I thought that if this ever happened I would feel comforted. But I can't help but feel really freaked out. Add to this...the other night around 3am, my husband heard my son talking in his sleep. So he went down the hall and found him sitting up in bed staring straight ahead say "no, I don't want to do that." I am totally freaked out now. And I really don't believe in ghosts or spirits or whatever.

I feel nervous just sitting here typing this! I hope I feel better about this tomorrow and I don't think I am ever going to ask my son about paw paw again.

Anyone else have something similar happen with their young kids??? Could it just be a crazy imagination??
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2014, 10:17 PM

7,376 posts, read 14,225,746 times
Tell your son to ask for next week's Mega Millions numbers.
Worth a shot.
Your mom's maiden name (if your son doesn't know it), if you solely want some more evidence.

Old 10-04-2014, 08:01 AM

3,978 posts, read 3,777,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeni View Post

I thought that if this ever happened I would feel comforted. But I can't help but feel really freaked out. Add to this...the other night around 3am, my husband heard my son talking in his sleep. So he went down the hall and found him sitting up in bed staring straight ahead say "no, I don't want to do that." I am totally freaked out now. And I really don't believe in ghosts or spirits or whatever.

Don't want to do what? You need to ask your son what paw paw asked him to do.

Old 10-04-2014, 09:55 AM

11,141 posts, read 8,996,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
Don't want to do what? You need to ask your son what paw paw asked him to do.
Yes, and does he ever see "someone" other than paw paw? That would be my concern.

Try to be as matter-of-fact as possible when you discuss it with him so that he doesn't get frightened and will continue to openly discuss it with you.
Keep us posted.

edit to add: I just remembered your other recent post telling about your dream of your dad. It sounds like he's a loving, peaceful presence. No one can say what's going on but it's vital that you keep the lines of communication open with your son and not alarm him. "Talk" to your dad in your mind, and ask for his help in dealing with it. If you're a religious person, ask for guidance there (Holy Spirit, or whatever label/symbol is meaningful to you). There is *nothing* that can harm you or son in reality, as long as you stay calm and strong and positive, ask sincerely for guidance, and don't cave in to the fearful feelings.

Quote:
After my dad passed away, I had an extremely vivid dream in which he visited me in the suit he was wearing at my wedding 6 months earlier. I told him that I missed him and he just laughed a little. He told me that if I ever wanted to talk to him, that the voice I heard in my head would be him talking back. Then we hugged and it was the most real feeling hug...I could feel the fabric of his suit. I was telling my mom and siblings about it a few days later and turns out that each of them had dreams of him on different nights. So I think my dad "visited" each of us. I have not had any dreams like that since. I do not believe in stuff like this but boy did that dream feel real. I am so happy to have had it and it really did give me peace.

Last edited by biscuitmom; 10-04-2014 at 10:09 AM..

Old 10-04-2014, 04:05 PM

Thank you for the replies. I feel so much better today. Everything feels much scarier at night I think my son has a strong imagination but who really knows. I asked him a little about it today and now he said that paw paw was wearing a ninja turtle shirt. :roll eyes: So who really knows!! I don't think that he was talking to my dad when he was saying "no, I don't want to do that." Maybe it was a nightmare but it was strange because he was sitting straight up in bed.

Biscuitmom, good suggestion on talking to my dad about it. I didn't even think about that. I hope that nothing creepy happens again and I doubt it will!

Old 10-04-2014, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Thank you for the replies. I feel so much better today. Everything feels much scarier at night I think my son has a strong imagination but who really knows. I asked him a little about it today and now he said that paw paw was wearing a ninja turtle shirt. :roll eyes: So who really knows!! I don't think that he was talking to my dad when he was saying "no, I don't want to do that." Maybe it was a nightmare but it was strange because he was sitting straight up in bed.

Biscuitmom, good suggestion on talking to my dad about it. I didn't even think about that. I hope that nothing creepy happens again and I doubt it will!
Yes, that's strange, whether he was awake or not. Think about it.

Old 10-04-2014, 09:06 PM

26,154 posts, read 16,846,597 times
Smile *

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeni
Tonight while my husband was putting my 3 year old son to bed, he started talking about paw paw. That is how we refer to my father who passed away about 10 years ago. He was saying that paw paw was in church with us and also at the movies and he had to tell him to "shhhh." So my husband asked him what he looked like and he said he was bald, with glasses, and a mustache. These are all true. He said he looks like a train conductor. Which I thought was odd until I realized that the only time I dreamt of my father was when he was wearing his striped suit from my wedding which was just a few months before he passed away. He was the happiest I had ever seen him that night. So then my husband said "well tell him mommy misses him very much" when you see him again. So my son looks past my husband and says "mommy misses you very much." My husband came downstairs looking very freaked out and tells me about this. So I go up and say I heard you saw paw paw and he said yes. So I said is he still here. And he said no, he is gone now. As we are talking, he keeps glancing over my shoulder. I felt extremely unsettled this whole time.
Im very happy to know he is still visiting you guys,especially your little one who didnt ever know him......

It must be hard to be trapped in that spiritial world,hardily anyone can see/hear them...... When they find someone who can its like opening a huge door!! (Especially a loved one they wish to make contact with)

God bless you Deeni....... I do hope your dad will make himself known to you also!!!!

Peace and love to you .. Im sorry for your loss

Old 10-04-2014, 09:34 PM

Thank you Dude111.

I was thinking about the "No I don't want to do that" comment and my husband tried to ask him about it but he couldn't explain it to us. The odd thing was he was repeating it over and over. EEEEEEKKKKKK. I am going to pray to my dad tonight. He would never ask my son to do anything bad. So I don't know. He was a great guy and was all about family. I would not be surprised if he wanted to meet my son. I have a new baby also so maybe he is coming around to meet him too. Jeez, I have to stop talking like this. I really don't want to encourage any of this!

Old 10-05-2014, 02:26 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,306,207 times
I don't want to add to your stress but I've personally never really accepted that a loved one would "return" in such a way because more often than not it will cause unease and fear. There's also the question of whether or not "something" could take on the guise of a loved one in order to deceive and sow discord.

Old 10-05-2014, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken S. View Post
There's also the question of whether or not "something" could take on the guise of a loved one in order to deceive and sow discord.
True that, true that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal