U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 10:17 PM

4,183 posts, read 3,091,957 times

Advertisements

They come from untold light years away with a technology far beyond our understanding to wander around the forest naked and occasionally jump out for a blurry photograph.

Sounds about right.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2014, 08:40 AM

19,289 posts, read 22,976,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
I'm a cat lover, myself, but I know that given a chance, every cat would love to eat its owners face off.
Your cat does not love you. Your cat is simply too small to eat you.

Old 10-17-2014, 08:48 AM

21,641 posts, read 19,427,979 times
I enjoy hearing bigfoot sighting stories although I write of 95% of them as pure bunk or bear sightings. Some are pretty interesting, though. The so called "experts " or "hunters" are probably 99% con artists making up stories.
BUT... I do have a theory to explain them if bigfoot is real. You read the stories in the bible about the nephilim, the offspring of the union of (fallen)angels and men. They were said to be giants and wasn't Goliath said to be a giant descended from them? They were banished to the wastes and mountains. So if these bigfoot are the descendants of the nephilim, they'd most likely be pretty powerful supernatural beings. Maybe nearly immortal or at least extremely long lived. Intelligent, probably. They might have powers over the minds of people. That would explain never finding their bodies, they aren't just big apes or primitive men running around.
There are some pretty cool stories about giants living in America long ago and their bodies being discovered. They never seem to be verified, however.
Bigfoot, global warming, leprechauns. Nothing wrong with fairy tales.

Old 10-17-2014, 01:53 PM

19,289 posts, read 22,976,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
They never seem to be verified, however.
That's a pretty big clue right there.

Old 10-18-2014, 04:12 AM

19,722 posts, read 13,607,364 times
Funny that this story was centered around Pennsylvania, and specifically Fayette County. I lived near that area (grew up there) and in the mid 70's there were stories in the newspaper every night about a rash of Bigfoot sightings in the area. A lot of the people who were reporting sightings were considered to be upstanding members of the community, not quacks. There was also the Bigfoot/alien theory because supposedly UFO activity was high during that period.

I knew a man, a local banker, and he confided in me that he and his wife were driving one night and Bigfoot ran right in front of their car and stopped there long enough for them to get a very good look at him. I also knew a farmer whose horses were spooked badly one night and when he went out to check there was a large creature in the corral. It took off, but left a lot of footprints in the mud. He had placed an upside down wheelbarrow over a few of the footprints and I got to see them, and they were the classic Bigfoot type of print. Both of these men didn't want their stories to be public knowledge for fear they would be ridiculed, so they were not looking for 15 minutes of fame, or anything.

I know that during that period, when I would walk my dog late at night, I would carry my shotgun with me !

Don

Old 10-20-2014, 02:44 AM

25,736 posts, read 27,325,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
They come from untold light years away with a technology far beyond our understanding to wander around the forest naked and occasionally jump out for a blurry photograph.

Sounds about right.
I think you're being a little unfair and narrow-minded.

They don't JUST come here to walk around naked.

They also come here to bang on sticks with trees and make weird "Ah-WOOOH" noises.

In addition, part of their grand plot and M.O. is to randomly throw stones that could easily just be falling bits from the mountainside at human beings, without much accuracy.

I mean open up your mind, man!

Old 10-20-2014, 01:28 PM

5,834 posts, read 4,538,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
They don't JUST come here to walk around naked.

They also come here to bang on sticks with trees and make weird "Ah-WOOOH" noises.
Matt Moneymaker is actually an evolved being (TM) placed here for nefarious purposes by the Bad Aliens, and the bigfoots were placed here by the Good Aliens to distract Moneymaker from implementing his grandiose plans for taking over the earth with their naked stick banging and stone throwing and Ah-Woooh! noises. So far, it seems to be working.

Old 10-20-2014, 01:33 PM

25,736 posts, read 27,325,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
Matt Moneymaker is actually an evolved being (TM) placed here for nefarious purposes by the Bad Aliens, and the bigfoots were placed here by the Good Aliens to distract Moneymaker from implementing his grandiose plans for taking over the earth with their naked stick banging and stone throwing and Ah-Woooh! noises. So far, it seems to be working.
(snort)

My husband would love this thread. He is SO into Finding Bigfoot.

It's my personal belief that Bobo is actually a Bigfoot crossbreed. I mean...just look at him. (Sorry, Bobo.)

Old 10-27-2014, 02:50 AM

11,026 posts, read 25,021,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
What if, as ancient astronaut theorists contend, Sasquatch is the native sentient species and humans are the extraterrestrial?

We'll unveil dramatic proof after this brief commercial break!!!
Then it was the Aliens and it is true cause We are the Aliens.

I have lived in the PNW my whole life camped fished and did some decent amount of off-roading and have yet to encounter Big Foot and believe that people mistake a it for a Black or Brown Bear which is very common here and pretty normal to have them knocking over the neighbours garbage cans after they have a BBQ and then climbing my fence to jump onto and crash through my cedar hedge again and then over the other side to eat the neighbours sometimes left out can of dog food before moving on down the street.

Right now Raccoons are digging up my lawn and rolling like it was turf for worms while my dog likes to go and smell a skunks to her surprise gets spayed and Coyotes are very common and can be heard till about 1:30 or 2AM and still no Bigfoot but lots of stellar Blues jays someone feeds peanuts are loud in the mornings though.

Last edited by GTOlover; 10-27-2014 at 03:26 AM..

Old 10-28-2014, 10:57 PM

23,575 posts, read 24,773,909 times
Just like your typical space invaders to take credit for our homegrown abnormalities
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal