U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2014, 06:30 PM

35,173 posts, read 22,570,553 times

Advertisements

Well I received a past life regression therapy after my late boyfriend committed suicide. This is the single most powerful experience of my healing journey.

My question is "can we escape from our past life?"

For example, if we learned that in our past life, we made mistakes and made some people miserable. Then in this life when we meet the same soul, how do we make up to them? What if these people are nasty to us.

I learned from my past life regression therapy that my aunt has been nasty to me in our past life. This life I still am not fond of her and she still is pretty nasty to me at least at one point or another.

How do I deal with this? Do I kill her with kindness or do I learn to just avoid her?

What exactly does our past life teach us? In your opinion?

Thank you
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2014, 09:57 PM

17,593 posts, read 8,013,816 times
I'm so sorry to hear about your boyfriend.

From what I've read and what I've been told, if we learn that a person in our lives is toxic towards us it's because we were together in a previous life. We are put together in this life to try to change the dynamics and if we don't change them in this lifetime, it will carry over into the next one. Yet...I don't know...if you are the one trying to mend fences and the other person isn't interested, I wonder---since you tried to fix things and it didn't work, have you completed your journey with this soul? Or do we look on the whole thing as learning new lessons? All that said, when in doubt, when you are around her, I vote for kill her with kindness. Perhaps by doing that, things will be different in the next lifetime.

Sometimes I wonder why we choose the circumstances that we have in this lifetime. For example, my mother was verbally and emotionally abusive. In this lifetime, I would not choose to get to know such a person. Yet, I chose to come back to this.

Psychic Tony Leggett has said that we choose to enter a toxic relationship (family) because we want to make things better for the family.

Old 10-11-2014, 10:33 PM

14,545 posts, read 18,934,517 times
A lot of people have told me I have an Old Soul. People seem to find me when they need someone to listen and talk to. But I believe in my last life I died as a small child, under ten, and violently. I was a shy and cautious child. I have always been a watcher. In my adult life I made decisions I should not have, and you could say life wasn't happy.

But at some point I had a revelation. Don't face life and living afraid of tomorrow. Don't dwell on yesterday. You can make of tomorrow many things without fear, but you have to let go of the fears of what came before. You can grow. You can blossom and that *that* into the next life.

It is something I have embrased. I chose to start making my own decisions. I chose to do as I wished, no matter that I didn't know what it would lead to, just that needed to. I have come to make peace with my bad decisions because everything that happened before led to me being who I am now, and these revelations about life come from the experince of living it.

I can almost feel the scared child inside me when the bad moments come, but then I have learned to sooth him/her and march ahead instead of living in that fear.

Old 10-11-2014, 11:19 PM

256 posts, read 298,043 times
I think many people escape their past lives by denying they could have had one, or by not even considering it in the first place. I don't think your past life is meant to hold you down in this life, and I don't think your past life is meant to build you up in this life.

I have always known, just known, that whenever I came from to the life I am in now was not a good place. I know that whatever I did in a past life I was not a good person, but I do know that you can overcome being a horrible person in your past life as long as you do your best with your current life. I will not say I came from hell, I did not spend time in heaven. Nor do I feel like I just went from one life to another. Its always just something i've known.

If the relationship with your aunt is toxic, then is it really healing your soul and her soul to be around each other? Not every problem can be "talked out" and not every person deserves endless kindness. I don't know if you would be doing your eternal soul any favors by being around someone who upsets you. Instead time could be better spend around souls who lift you up - and remind you that inner peace is not impossible.

Yes, its possible to grow and learn with some souls from one life to another. But no, that doesn't mean you have to spend every life you have fixing every relationship. Maybe you we're not given the keys to fix the relationship in this life, maybe you were not meant to fix the relationship in this life.

i'm so sorry for loss. <3

Old 10-12-2014, 12:36 AM

4,035 posts, read 4,200,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I'm so sorry to hear about your boyfriend.

From what I've read and what I've been told, if we learn that a person in our lives is toxic towards us it's because we were together in a previous life. We are put together in this life to try to change the dynamics and if we don't change them in this lifetime, it will carry over into the next one. Yet...I don't know...if you are the one trying to mend fences and the other person isn't interested, I wonder---since you tried to fix things and it didn't work, have you completed your journey with this soul? Or do we look on the whole thing as learning new lessons? All that said, when in doubt, when you are around her, I vote for kill her with kindness. Perhaps by doing that, things will be different in the next lifetime.

Sometimes I wonder why we choose the circumstances that we have in this lifetime. For example, my mother was verbally and emotionally abusive. In this lifetime, I would not choose to get to know such a person. Yet, I chose to come back to this.

Psychic Tony Leggett has said that we choose to enter a toxic relationship (family) because we want to make things better for the family.
I think what it means sometimes is that the antagonistic person is supposed to be learning from you. Just treat them politely, or even kindly if they're struggling with something (illness, for ex.), and they're supposed to be learning from that. If they fail to learn, that's their problem, they won't progress in the next life. They'll be stuck at Square One or Two.

Old 10-12-2014, 01:02 AM

256 posts, read 298,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
I think what it means sometimes is that the antagonistic person is supposed to be learning from you. Just treat them politely, or even kindly if they're struggling with something (illness, for ex.), and they're supposed to be learning from that. If they fail to learn, that's their problem, they won't progress in the next life. They'll be stuck at Square One or Two.
I think you hit the nail on the head with this one!

Old 10-12-2014, 11:25 PM

151 posts, read 159,508 times
It's not entirely up to you! God is often the unseen motive-factor in many of our life trials. I suppose what everything boils down to is simply having enough, 'heart', and enough wit and wisdom not to repeat the same mistakes, twice.

There something else: Repentance is, also, necessary. Proof of repentance includes correcting past erroneous behaviors, and doing, 'good things' in order to obviate former mistakes. Just as faith without works is dead; so is repentance without improved personal behavior - Often accompanied by various acts of kindness.

Whatever you once did, or were doing, wrong you should immediately start doing right! Another thing, you don't have to associate with anyone unless you want to. Do them an anonymous kindness if you have both the opportunity, and feel the need. There's seldom an obligation, either spiritual or otherwise, for you to be forced to endure the companionship of anyone you're uncomfortable with.

Old 10-15-2014, 09:49 AM

14,048 posts, read 20,261,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Well I received a past life regression therapy after my late boyfriend committed suicide. This is the single most powerful experience of my healing journey.

For example, if we learned that in our past life, we made mistakes and made some people miserable. Then in this life when we meet the same soul, how do we make up to them? What if these people are nasty to us.

I learned from my past life regression therapy that my aunt has been nasty to me in our past life. This life I still am not fond of her and she still is pretty nasty to me at least at one point or another.

How do I deal with this? Do I kill her with kindness or do I learn to just avoid her?

Thank you
Past life teaches us nothing to do with your subject, because if you hold to true Eastern religion concepts (not the California granola-eating version of it) past life is collective, not individual. The individual soul does not remain and is not reincarnated, memories of the individual do not carry over. Besides, why would you just happen to be associated with your aunt in a past life, of all the billions of souls in the world?

You learned nothing from regression therapy, because it's based on fallacy, suggestions, and false or forgotten memories (from this life). The issues with your Aunt belong to this life.

Old 10-16-2014, 08:14 PM

13,882 posts, read 12,077,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Past life teaches us nothing to do with your subject, because if you hold to true Eastern religion concepts (not the California granola-eating version of it) past life is collective, not individual. The individual soul does not remain and is not reincarnated, memories of the individual do not carry over. Besides, why would you just happen to be associated with your aunt in a past life, of all the billions of souls in the world?

You learned nothing from regression therapy, because it's based on fallacy, suggestions, and false or forgotten memories (from this life). The issues with your Aunt belong to this life.
Can you prove any of this?

No, I can't either, one way or the other. So, we chose to take a gamble and "believe" one way or the other. You have no more a probability of being correct than lilyflower3191981 or I do.

All I can say is that if you had experienced past life regression, you may feel differently about it. Especially if you have done it on your own with no "suggestion" from anyone or no "forgotten memories from this life" that are essentially impossible within the context. It's quite unnerving when you are another person, and the experience is quite unlike anything you've ever experienced in life. "Memories" is not the right word for what you experience. But I know that is all falling on deaf ears, so believe as you wish. But please let others believe as they wish without declaring their experiences invalid. Thank you.

Old 10-16-2014, 09:35 PM

19,345 posts, read 14,807,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

For example, if we learned that in our past life, we made mistakes and made some people miserable. Then in this life when we meet the same soul, how do we make up to them?
What if these people are nasty to us.

Thank you
I SO relate to this question and scenario.
Except I was hurtful and dismissing of someone's feelings so in this life
I was the one that was being 'abused' with irrational anger and meanness.
Then, outta the blue I 'got it'...(I meditate alot, btw)...I deserved to be 'abused'...
I really learned my lesson..."Never treat people badly....it hurts too deep"....as in "Oh
this is what it feels like... got it Lord."
And I was very humbled.

We have different lessons that mold our character/heart/soul....so you may need
to learn discretion, clarity and detachment and strength... to walk away from a person.
Or you may need to learn humility.... and take the abuse bec you must learn what it feels
like to never do that to another, ever.

Things are usually not what they seem.
But, when you learn something profoundly in the depths of your soul...you move on to yet another
level...whatever that may be.

It is all about purification...these troubles purify us like iron in fire...because this is how
we come closer to God...pure, clean, loving, humble, kind, unselfish and childlike....imo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal