U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2014, 12:09 PM

1 posts, read 1,027 times

Advertisements

I was placed for adoption at 6 days old Internationally. I've known nothing about myself but my birth date and the orphanage i was taken to.
I did a few DNA tests and matched with 8 relatives. Only 1 will speak to me. But another i learned a lot about via research and Social Media. I learned that my family a lot of them were still International and come from a long line of wealthy people. Which i thought was odd. I figured i came from a poor family, which is the biggest reason for adoption in 3rd world countries.
Anyways, i had heard some really good success stories by speaking with a Medium/Physic though i've always been very very skeptical of them. But i figured why not. I did some research, went to one recommended to me in my State and prepped myself as well as the questions i know i would be asking making sure i was asking them in the proper way to get the best results.
Again, i'm coming from hardly knowing anything, and the only thing i shared was "i'm adopted , what can you tell me".
In the end i ended up speaking to 3 Mediums, from 3 different States, and 3 different times. They ALL gave me the same information.
That both my grandmother's has passed and were here. All 3 were able to share with me the story of what happened to me. That my parents were very young and my father was from a lower cast than my mother and that the marriage would never be allowed nor excepted. That my mother was very torn to give me away, and that my grandmother was the one who made the decision and did it. They also all brought up i was birthed at home, but she went to the hospital with complications, all 3 said my mothers side is large and is wealthy. They all said they look after me, but even more so my 4 year old daughter. And that she's the spitting image of my mother. They also went into health (which matched exactly what i have) as well as my ex-husband and a few other things.
Lets just say i was blown away after all this. And made to to write/record everything. One thing that stood out from my first reading she said was the name "STELLA" i don't know any Stella's nor would this be a popular name from my country. I asked around if this could mean something in my original language but was told no. Then when i spoke of this to my boyfriend he immediately said "STELLA...It's the doll...." Six months ago my daughter built a bear and Build a Bear Workshop. She named it Stella. Which we thought was odd because she names EVERYTHING after Disney Princesses names. But i never thought twice of it.
Anyways, i called the Medium back and told her actually my daughter named her bear (which she does not play with) Stella. She said this is a message of pray to you. This person is alive and is trying to tell you something.
I had previously asked the other 2 Mediums about the name. They BOTH said the name sounds like it's coming from someone very close from my mother's side. Like a possible Aunt. That she's alive and misses me very much. That if she could have adopted me, she would have.

Anyways....... Last night i was feeling very strong emotions and knew i need to carry on with learning more about my family. That talking to a medium was just one step closer but within due time i do feel another step will come to me. My boyfriend is very pretty much afraid of what i'm talking and talking with mediums. He told me he felt like something was on him, and pinning him down . He was sweaty not moving, and his heart was racing. But at the time i thought he was being dramatic and it passed. It was 12:30am when we fell asleep. We both woke up at exactly 2:00am. Hearing my daughter's room which is right next to ours door screech slowly opening. It does made some noise when opening/closing and their also doors you need to pull/push on to open/close as their older. It was going very very slowly. We both were creeped out. Then about 5 seconds later her light came on....
We waited to see if she was coming into our room, which is not unnormal. But the dark doesn't bother her, and she's never turned on a light during the night. And her night light is ALWAYS on at night. My boyfriend went to check on her. He said she was like hiding under her covers . She was clearly scared. I asked her several times if she opened the door and turned the light on and she was very serious saying no. She never left her bed, and she never turned them on and that she was scared. My BF checked out her room after and started saying prayers he noticed her closed door (which is always shut) was open, and her night light had been turned off and there was a cold/wet spot in her room on the floor.
In the morning i asked her again, she said she was scared and she saw big eyes, and something telling her to play with her in the dark. (Not sure if this was true because she went on about her friends and other things, but this stood out to us).

My boyfriend thinks i opened the door to evil spirits. I also believe something bad may have passed through. But i also believe the loud door and the light switching on was also a warning sign. All 3 Mediums made it very clear they want to protect and look out for us, especially my daughter. As well as a dog of mine that has passed away does for my daughter.
Has anyone had this happen? Is their any reason someone could put to this, that i maybe didn't think of?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2014, 03:45 PM

13,145 posts, read 20,412,505 times
Big eyes in her room in the middle of the night that want her to come out and play? Sounds more like one of these:

There is a great deal of crossover between hauntings and alien abduction accounts. So much that I'd say they are basically the same thing, only interpreted differently by different people and are probably perpetrated by neither ETs or ghosts, but something else entirely.

Old 10-14-2014, 09:46 PM

4,035 posts, read 4,199,580 times
Visiting mediums doesn't invite spirits, good or bad, into your life. Lots of people go to mediums, and nothing like that happens. Tell your girl she was right to not get out of bed. Tell her never to go anywhere with strangers.

Old 10-17-2014, 12:22 AM

3,751 posts, read 6,733,902 times
Visiting a medium has not opened any doors to evil.

It is also very possible that your daughter was not forthcoming with the truth for fear she would get into trouble. Children are very keen to parents emotions. She could sense your concerns, but not understand it.

Old 10-17-2014, 08:46 AM

19,176 posts, read 22,864,621 times
Listen to your boyfriend.

Whatever these disturbances may be, they obviously aren't friendly. You're opening yourself up to something that means you no good.

If this keeps happening, you should consult a priest.

Old 10-17-2014, 10:41 AM

11,141 posts, read 8,996,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchira270 View Post
Anyways....... Last night i was feeling very strong emotions and knew i need to carry on with learning more about my family. That talking to a medium was just one step closer but within due time i do feel another step will come to me. My boyfriend is very pretty much afraid of what i'm talking and talking with mediums. He told me he felt like something was on him, and pinning him down . He was sweaty not moving, and his heart was racing. But at the time i thought he was being dramatic and it passed.
My guess is that your emotional issues are affecting both your boyfriend and your daughter. He's having anxiety attacks and she's having nightmares.
I'd suggest you consider visiting a licensed professional counselor instead of or in addition to multiple mediums.

Old 10-18-2014, 05:47 PM

5,783 posts, read 4,497,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
There is a great deal of crossover between hauntings and alien abduction accounts. So much that I'd say they are basically the same thing, only interpreted differently by different people and are probably perpetrated by neither ETs or ghosts, but something else entirely.
Also to accounts of demonic encounters and encounters with inhabitants of faerie. If you can find a copy (originally published in 1969, I think it's out of print now), I suggest "Passport to Magnolia" by Jacques Valee.

FWIW, I second the recommendations by Mark S and biscuit mom to see a priest (or other spiritual practitioner) as well as a counselor.

Old 10-18-2014, 09:26 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,306,207 times
Passport to Magonia

The cheapest copy on abebooks (in "fair" condition) is close to $45. Amazon has one for a few dollars less.

Old 10-19-2014, 09:35 AM

5,783 posts, read 4,497,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken S. View Post
Passport to Magonia
Whoops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal