Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2014, 02:18 PM

4 posts, read 4,165 times

Advertisements

I want to know if this might be a sign of the paranormal and what does it mean. I was in the kitchen talking to my mom using the laptop and from the corner of my eye I saw a small black figure on the right side of me on the ceiling next to the wall, it was black and shape and I saw flopping and it reminded me of a bat but there was no features on it, it was just a shape that resembled a bat and I could see what looked like a wing and thats why I say it reminded me of a bat but I didn't look directly at it, it's hard to explain but it happened really fast, I saw the right wing of it, the other I saw from the corner of my eye but I was interrupted by my mom and then I looked again and could only see a few of the black left and I stared and blink and it's like it wasn't there anymore, I know I saw something because it caught me by surprise and when I saw it my body shook like somebody popping out of nowhere from behind you, my mom didn't see me react to it because she was facing the other way for a few seconds when I turned around, does anyone have any information about this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2014, 03:21 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,647,100 times
First thought is what they call shadow people - http://www.shadowpeople.org/

or here: Shadow person - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've heard people talk about them scuttling along walls and across ceilings, but I've never seen them myself. If you felt a particular sense of dread, doom, or just negativity in general, that's probably what it was. They live off your energy and can be very draining.

Is your mom or anyone who lives there ill, or have they started feeling ill or in a bad mood recently? Do you know the history of the place, if you own it, or anything about prior residents?

Old 11-27-2014, 03:40 PM

4 posts, read 4,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobiashen View Post
First thought is what they call shadow people - http://www.shadowpeople.org/

or here: Shadow person - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've heard people talk about them scuttling along walls and across ceilings, but I've never seen them myself. If you felt a particular sense of dread, doom, or just negativity in general, that's probably what it was. They live off your energy and can be very draining.

Is your mom or anyone who lives there ill, or have they started feeling ill or in a bad mood recently? Do you know the history of the place, if you own it, or anything about prior residents?
how can it be shadow people if it resembled a bat? it's a new house and nobody died here, the only thing that's going on recently is that my mom is talking about leaving my dad like in January, just packing when he's not here and leaving him and she wants me to come, I don't know if that's the correct way to do it, just leave, that's like taking his life away, it can turn someone suicidal

Old 11-27-2014, 06:25 PM

22,469 posts, read 11,990,487 times
When you saw this, how did it make you feel? If it filled you with dread, then it was an evil entity. To expel evil entities, if you believe in prayer, do a google search as it will give you some prayers to recite. Or call on Archangel Michael and ask him to keep evil entities away.

Sometimes I've seen dark figures in my peripheral vision and don't feel as if they are evil. In that case, I let things be.

Old 11-28-2014, 12:34 AM

3,751 posts, read 7,671,533 times
I have seen something similar in a hose I used to live in.
It would not have been a shadow person, as it was not big enough or the right shape.
But it did remind me of shadow people. The black shadow I saw also reminded me of a large rabbit that ran along the walls. I was was sitting in a well lit room and nothing would have created a shape or shadow that moved like it did. Much like a rabbit.
So it makes me think that if there are shadow people, why not shadow animals?
I did not feel any sense of dread or anything malicious from the event.
Only saw it that one time.

Old 11-28-2014, 08:52 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,810,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigAndrew View Post
how can it be shadow people if it resembled a bat? it's a new house and nobody died here, the only thing that's going on recently is that my mom is talking about leaving my dad like in January, just packing when he's not here and leaving him and she wants me to come, I don't know if that's the correct way to do it, just leave, that's like taking his life away, it can turn someone suicidal
"shadow people" don't always look like people, sometimes they look like a formless black cloud, animal or even part of a person or animal.

Another purely biological quirk of our anatomy is the tendency to "see" things out of the corner of our eye that our brains incorrectly interpret and/or add into our vision blind spots as a figure or animal when nothing is really there. Are your eyes playing tricks on you?

Old 11-28-2014, 02:54 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,552,612 times
Quote:
There it is,

after reading your first post, negativity and turmoil in the home was my first thought, they feed off of it.

I'm in agreement with Chango, they don't necessarily take human form.

Old 11-29-2014, 09:29 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
Shadow people is just the term used to describe these black masses that take humanoid, and other shapes.

Yeah, the turmoil surrounding your immediate family right now is probably the root of the problem here. They feed off negative energy and it seems like your mother and possible father are creating enough to draw at least one. Be careful, these things aren't strong at first, but over time they gain strength and will eventually start attacking.

Old 12-01-2014, 02:10 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,647,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Shadow people is just the term used to describe these black masses that take humanoid, and other shapes.
Yup. And the same goes to Chango. These things can take any form; "shadow people" does not necessarily mean they are people. It is a term used for general understanding.

Old 12-01-2014, 02:23 PM

16,711 posts, read 19,407,583 times
Quote:
I just have to say that your mother is wrong to even be bringing you into her mess at ALL. Not cool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal