Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Believe & Have You Had Contact?
Yes, I Believe and Yes, I've Had Real Contact 14 30.43%
Yes, I Believe, But No, I've Never Had Any Contact 13 28.26%
No, I Don't Believe. It's All A Crock 19 41.30%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 12:54 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,236,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I believe in spirit guides. I've read enough experiences by thousands of people over the years to know they're more than products of overactive imaginations. The problem is no matter how hard I try to make contact with mine, short of visiting a psychic, who I think would just take my $$$'s and phony up a "meeting", I just don't seem to be able to make any contact. A few times with a highball in me, lying in bed in the dark, I've said out loud "If you're there, show me something" but nothing ever happens. I can honestly say that in my whole life, and I'm 62, I have never had one experience I can truthfully say was paranormal. How many others here believe in spirits and have had credible contacts with them? How many others are like me and believe but have no verifiable first-hand experience, and how many believe it's all just a crock?

You are trying to force something that cannot be forced.
Also, what is the point if you are a bit tipsy?

Spirit Guides show themselves in many different ways and a "perform on demand" when one is tipsy is not one of those ways.
Generally it is a dream that is the same, it can also be a fragrance you smell while in different places that is associated with your Spirit Guide.
It could be a song that keeps coming on the radio, a slight breeze around you when nothing else is moving, a flower growing where no flower has grown before.
If you continue to miss the signs it is not the fault of your Spirit Guide.

I have many experiences and will tell you about them if you like but not on the open forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2014, 12:55 PM

1,369 posts, read 2,274,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
I did not admit to anything remotely close to what you just accused me of. LOL!
Yes, in fact you did. Don't bother trying to spin it now. Too late.

Old 10-20-2014, 12:56 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,447,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amylewis View Post
Yes, in fact you did.
No I did not

You still cannot answer my question? How did you go about seeking your Spirit Guides?

Why are you even in this thread if you can't participate in a conversation about the topic?

Old 10-20-2014, 01:00 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
I don't get it...if each of you is so certain of his/her beliefs, why the defensiveness (and yes, it IS there, and on both sides)?

I firmly believe the coffee I'm drinking right now is black. I wouldn't feel the need to jump all over someone who told me it was blue. I'd just kind of laugh and shake my head and go on with my day.

IMO...and its is ONLY an opinion...people who freak out and get defensive about their beliefs (or lack of them) are doing so because they don't feel very confident in them, and subconsciously they feel that if they can get other people to believe what they do, then it must all be real because after all, other people believe it too, so voila (sorry, still don't know how to do the Microsoft version of key caps): they're right after all, and now they can feel more confident.

Might doesn't make right, majority does not rule (the majority, in any given segment of the population at any given time in history, has been weird and WAY off in any number of ways) and if your belief is real, then it is. And if it's not, then it's not. All the tit-for-tat in the world isn't going to change things.

What makes me shake my head the most is when people - either the very religious/spiritual, or the very practical/scientific - say they make such posts because they "just want to help" others or "just want to spread the good news" or "just want to let people know what the truth is." "I love you soooooooooo much and care about you, therefore, I'm going to go on some forum to tell you what an ignorant *ssh*le you are." Um...............?

Relax...if either of you is right, then that person is right. Hammering your point home is NEVER going to change another person's mind. In fact, it's going to kick in the defense mechanism of the person feeling MORE firmly about his/her beliefs.

Old 10-20-2014, 01:05 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I don't get it...if each of you is so certain of his/her beliefs, why the defensiveness (and yes, it IS there, and on both sides)?

I firmly believe the coffee I'm drinking right now is black. I wouldn't feel the need to jump all over someone who told me it was blue. I'd just kind of laugh and shake my head and go on with my day.

IMO...and its is ONLY an opinion...people who freak out and get defensive about their beliefs (or lack of them) are doing so because they don't feel very confident in them, and subconsciously they feel that if they can get other people to believe what they do, then it must all be real because after all, other people believe it too, so voila (sorry, still don't know how to do the Microsoft version of key caps): they're right after all, and now they can feel more confident.

Might doesn't make right and if your belief is real, then it is. And if it's not, then it's not. All the tit-for-tat in the world isn't going to change things.
Well no one is really freaking out here but when posters come into a thread and start telling others that their beliefs are imaginary, this is like going into the religious forum and telling everyone why they are delusional to believe in religion. I mean really what would be the point of that?

I am very confident in my life experiences involving Spirit Guides, Guardian Angels and even Master Guides

I like to understand how someone who claims that they have tired to seek out their Spirit Guide went about it.

Did you meditate? Did you take DMT? Did you go into trace? Did you practice sensing unseen energy? Did you develop your 6th sense?

Old 10-20-2014, 01:11 PM

Quote:
No I did not

You still cannot answer my question? How did you go about seeking your Spirit Guides?

Why are you even in this thread if you can't participate in a conversation about the topic?
All I can offer by way of explanation is my own subjective feelings, which, I'm sorry to say, is all you have offered as proof of the existence of such things. It's not sufficient as proof in a cogent argument in support of the existence of such phenomena. That's really the end of the argument. I have experienced nothing in the way of anything that could be described as a spirit guide, and as yet you have offered no cogent argument in support of their existence, and as it is not possible to prove a negative the burden of proof is on you.

Asking me to belabor my efforts in that direction is only a dodge and an effort at distracting from your own failure to argue convincingly in favor of the existence of spirit guides, which you have thus far failed to do. That I and others in the thread have not had this experience should invite you to instruct us all on the best possible method of experiencing it, which as yet you have not been willing to do.

As yet you seem unwilling to do anything but take us to task on our lack of that experience. Hardly a convincing argument.

Old 10-20-2014, 01:12 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:

I like to understand how someone who claims that they have tired to seek out their Spirit Guide went about it.

Did you meditate? Did you take DMT? Did you go into trace? Did you practice sensing unseen energy? Did you develop your 6th sense?
I understand that this is what you want, but what the OP wanted to know was what who does and doesn't believe in spirit guides, per his poll. Hence, weren't all viewpoints welcome?

Old 10-20-2014, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylewis View Post
All I can offer by way of explanation is my own subjective feelings, which, I'm sorry to say, is all you have offered as proof of the existence of such things. It's not sufficient as proof in a cogent argument in support of the existence of such phenomena. That's really the end of the argument. I have experienced nothing in the way of anything that could be described as a spirit guide, and as yet you have offered no cogent argument in support of their existence.

Asking me to belabor my efforts in that direction is only a dodge and an effort at distracting from your own failure to argue convincingly in favor of the existence of spirit guides, which you have thus far failed to do. That I and others in the thread have not had this experience should invite you to instruct us all on the best possible method of experiencing it, which as yet you have not been willing to do.

As yet you seem unwilling to do anything but take us to task on our lack of that experience. Hardly a convincing argument.
My life long experiences with Spirit Guides are not subjective.

I an not trying to convince you or anyone about the existence of Spirit Guides. I know what I have experienced many times throughout my life. I know how to recognize when my Spirit Guides are assisting me.

There is no argument to convince you or anyone else about the existence of Spirit Guides.

If you want to engage in a conversation on how to connect with your spirit guides then by all means let's start a thread on this.

Not answering my question is only a dodge and an effort at distracting from your own failure to argue convincingly in favor of the non-existence of spirit guides, which you have thus far failed to do.

Just because you have not found a way to recognize them does not mean they do not exist.

I bet you would also claim that because you have never experienced being fully Lucid in a dream that Lucid Dreaming is not real.

Old 10-20-2014, 01:21 PM

Quote:

I an not trying to convince you or anyone about the existence of Spirit Guides. I know what I have experienced many times throughout my life. I know how to recognize when my Spirit Guides are assisting me.

There is no argument to convince you or anyone else about the existence of Spirit Guides.
Ah, and we arrive back at where I said you admitted you could advance no cogent argument in support of such, and you denied having done so, but here again, you admit to it. And so we arrive at this:

Old 10-20-2014, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Really now! Then if not subjective they must certainly be universally available to the rest of us, no? But then we have seen they are not. Most of us do not share your personal experience in this matter, so then I cannot see how we may describe it as anything but subjective, and only your own personal mental and emotional experience.

Please show me where I am wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal