Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Believe & Have You Had Contact?
Yes, I Believe and Yes, I've Had Real Contact 14 30.43%
Yes, I Believe, But No, I've Never Had Any Contact 13 28.26%
No, I Don't Believe. It's All A Crock 19 41.30%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 01:25 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,424,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I understand that this is what you want, but what the OP wanted to know was what who does and doesn't believe in spirit guides, per his poll. Hence, weren't all viewpoints welcome?
What I want?

Isn't asking questions about how you connect or recognize Spirit Guides included in the all viewpoints welcomed bit?

All viewpoints welcomed is fine but there is no need to go on the attack of others beliefs based on your lack of experiences in this area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2014, 01:29 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:
Originally Posted by amylewis View Post
Really now! Then if not subjective they must certainly be universally available to the rest of us, no? But then as we have seen they are not. Most of us do not share your personal experience in this matter.
According to the poll at this point most do share my personal experience in this matter. Only 33% don't.

Quote:
Please show me where I am wrong.
Subjective is based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions.

People who have received assistance from Spirit Guides had real experiences vs. opinions.

Let me ask once again. How did you go about seeking your Spirit Guides?

Old 10-20-2014, 01:32 PM

1,369 posts, read 2,268,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
Just because you have not found a way to recognize them does not mean they do not exist.
Well that's a quite disingenuous argument on it's face. One can claim to have been to a parallel universe in which everything and everyone is the opposite of this one, and then claim that no one can disprove it having not been there themselves. It does nothing by way of proof of the claim, which for all practical purposes remains a fantasy and a fiction.

Old 10-20-2014, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Well that's a quite disingenuous argument on it's face. One can claim to have been to a parallel universe in which everything and everyone is the opposite of this one, and then claim that no one can disprove it having not been there themselves. It does nothing by way of proof of the claim, which for all practical purposes remains a fantasy and a fiction.
It's quite disingenuous to argue that you have tried to seek out Spirit Guides but will not disclose how you went about this.

There you go with the proof thing again. No one here is trying to prove anything other than you.

We participated in a poll with our own personal experiences and observations.

If you want to hinge on the proof thing and you have not been able to prove that my Spirit Guides exist or not.

You claim you tried to seek them out and failed, thus you conclude they don't exist. Do you think your failure is the truth for everyone else? That is your dream your reality not the majority.

Your failure to connect with Sprit Guides does not negate everyone else who has connected.

Last edited by TVC15; 10-20-2014 at 02:46 PM..

Old 10-20-2014, 01:36 PM

Quote:
According to the poll at this point most do share my personal experience in this matter. Only 33% don't.
The gullibility of the public, and especially of those perusing this particular forum has been well documented. Ref: PT Barnum.

Quote:
Subjective is based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions.
And indeed that's all you have thus far offered in support of the existence of such phenomena, and meets your offered definition of subjective. Sorry, it's not enough.

Old 10-20-2014, 01:40 PM

Quote:
It's quite disingenuous to argue that you have tried to seek out Spirit Guides but will not disclose how you went about this.
As I have already stated, it's not possible to prove a negative, which leaves the burden of proof upon yourself as you claim a positive result. Quite regardless of any methods I may have pursued I achieved nothing, while you claim to having had success. So then, please do explain to us how you managed that.

I'm quite sure we would all be interested to know.

Old 10-20-2014, 01:48 PM

Quote:
As I have already stated, it's not possible to prove a negative, which leaves the burden of proof upon yourself. Quite regardless of any methods I may have pursued I achieved nothing, while you claim to having had success. So then, please do explain to us how you managed that.

I'm quite sure we would all be interested to know.
Yes it is possible to prove a negative.

You can claim that if you flip a coin that it will never land on tails.

Grab your coin and start flipping it.

So can you explain how you went about trying to seek out your Spirit Guides?

I managed to do this by learning how to sense unseen energy. It takes a lot of practice and mental exercise. There are plenty of books on this if you are interested.

I also was very fortunate to be born with a very keen 6th sense that I further developed once I understood how to. Deep mediation and communing with nature will sharpen your 6th sense.

Practicing mindfulness will also help to sharpen your 6th sense.

As mentioned there are tons of books out there to help teach you if you are truly interested in learning.

Old 10-20-2014, 01:58 PM

Quote:

So can you explain how you went about trying to seek out your Spirit Guides?

I managed to do this by learning how to sense unseen energy. It takes a lot of practice and mental exercise. There are plenty of books on this if you are interested.

I also was very fortunate to be born with a very keen 6th sense that I further developed once I understood how to. Deep mediation and communing with nature will sharpen your 6th sense.

Practicing mindfulness will also help to sharpen your 6th sense.

As mentioned there are tons of books out there to help teach you if you are truly interested in learning.

Oh dear! You really do love those slippery slopes, don't you? This your latest response is quite transparently evasive and ephemeral and referring us to tons of books does nothing at all to support your claims. And gosh I'm sorry but referring us all to a sense beyond those available to us also does nothing to support your claims.

At every turn of the thread you evade and dissemble rather than address the central question of how you know there are spirit guides and how we can all experience their benevolent presence in our lives. You challenge me on my methods without offering your own beyond the more vague and nebulous terms to be found on YouTube, you refer us to tons of books without naming any of them, you insist your own experience is not subjective when it quite clearly is, and you argue from an unsupportable position while claiming a 6th sense beyond those the rest of us have, which I'm sorry, is quite a reach and a bit elitist of you.

Indeed your own subjective experience may be completely convincing for you, but the rest of us not having had the benefit of that experience can have no obligation to be convinced of it. Some may chose to believe you and seek the same experience, but for my own part I've better things to do and as it's time to make dinner I shall be about that.

Last edited by amylewis; 10-20-2014 at 02:15 PM..

Old 10-20-2014, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Oh dear! You really do love those slippery slopes, don't you? This your latest response is quite transparently evasive and ephemeral and referring us to tons of books does nothing at all to support your claims. And gosh I'm sorry but referring us all to a sense beyond those available to us also does nothing to support your claims.

At every turn of the thread you evade and dissemble rather than address the central question of how you know there are spirit guides and how we can all experience their benevolent presence in our lives. You challenge me on my methods without offering your own, you refer us to tons of books, you insist your own experience is not subjective when it quite clearly is, and you argue from an unsupportable position.

Indeed your own subjective experience may be completely convincing for you, but the rest of us not having had the benefit of that experience can have no obligation to be convinced of it. Some may chose to believe you and seek the same experience, but for my own part I've better things to do.
It's not a slippery slope and nothing was subjective.

Now you are claiming that I have offered nothing? Or is it that you just don't get it?

It's apparent to me that you want me to sit here and spoon feed you.

Do you even know what unseen energy is? It is all around us and is well described in quantum physics.

You can train yourself to sense these unseen energies.

I listed how I trained myself. I am not going to sit here and write volumes of pages describing how to do this. That is why I stated there are tons of books that can teach you. Some methods worked some did not. You must find what works for you.

We all come into the planet will varying levels of consciousness. Some people will have to work very hard at mediating or Lucid Dreaming...others do it almost naturally.

What would be the point of listing pages and pages of how I attained sharpened senses when it may not be the method that would work for you?

You claim to have better things to do? Then by all means go do them.

Old 10-20-2014, 02:17 PM

Quote:

Why would I make that claim when I already know it's not true? Quite amazing the hollow arguments you are willing to make.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal