Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Believe & Have You Had Contact?
Yes, I Believe and Yes, I've Had Real Contact 14 30.43%
Yes, I Believe, But No, I've Never Had Any Contact 13 28.26%
No, I Don't Believe. It's All A Crock 19 41.30%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 02:19 PM

3,490 posts, read 6,509,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I believe in spirit guides. I've read enough experiences by thousands of people over the years to know they're more than products of overactive imaginations. The problem is no matter how hard I try to make contact with mine, short of visiting a psychic, who I think would just take my $$$'s and phony up a "meeting", I just don't seem to be able to make any contact. A few times with a highball in me, lying in bed in the dark, I've said out loud "If you're there, show me something" but nothing ever happens. I can honestly say that in my whole life, and I'm 62, I have never had one experience I can truthfully say was paranormal. How many others here believe in spirits and have had credible contacts with them? How many others are like me and believe but have no verifiable first-hand experience, and how many believe it's all just a crock?
With all due respect, thrillobyte, you've overlooked a key option. That option is: "Y'all don't have the first friggin' clue of what you're talking about, so its no wonder that you're wondering."

Submitted, once again, with all due respect,

-- Nighteyes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2014, 02:20 PM

1,369 posts, read 2,273,769 times
I'm quite sorry TVC15, but I have grown tired of your empty arguments and transparent dissembling. You offer nothing but a contest in futility and I have no interest in that. If you wish to claim a shallow victory you are welcome to it, I have dinner to get ready and it's not worth my time to argue any further with you.

Best of luck with your imagined spirit guides.

Old 10-20-2014, 02:22 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,445,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amylewis View Post
Why would I make that claim when I already know it's not true? Quite amazing the hollow arguments you are willing to make.
I see how you try to evade every proof I have offered to quiet your silly claims.

You claimed that you can't prove a negative and just proved that you can.

Why make hollow claims about others ability to recognize their Spirit Guides? That's the real question here.

There is no victory to claim...this discussion was not about trying to claim a victory.

I guess that was your goal.

There is no loss in my life that you are incapable or have not found a way to connect with your Spirit Guides.

Quote:
Best of luck with your imagined spirit guides.
Thank you and my Spirit Guides are chuckling with me

Last edited by TVC15; 10-20-2014 at 02:32 PM..

Old 10-20-2014, 03:00 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,407,985 times
I haven't seen my spirit guide(s), but I think when I talk to a psychic/medium, they are able to communicate with them.

Sometimes a deceased family member can be a guide. My most favorite psychic of all time is also a medium and my great grandmother came though on my last reading.

One thing that becomes very clear if you get a lot of readings is that you're never really alone. They always know what you've been up to on the other side.

Old 10-20-2014, 04:19 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,352,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I believe in spirit guides. I've read enough experiences by thousands of people over the years to know they're more than products of overactive imaginations. The problem is no matter how hard I try to make contact with mine, short of visiting a psychic, who I think would just take my $$$'s and phony up a "meeting", I just don't seem to be able to make any contact. A few times with a highball in me, lying in bed in the dark, I've said out loud "If you're there, show me something" but nothing ever happens. I can honestly say that in my whole life, and I'm 62, I have never had one experience I can truthfully say was paranormal. How many others here believe in spirits and have had credible contacts with them? How many others are like me and believe but have no verifiable first-hand experience, and how many believe it's all just a crock?
LOL "with a highball in me"

This sounds like Frank Sinatra with his tux askew, summoning spirits.
I believe that alot of it is a crock. In this culture anyway.

I believe in belief. If it has veracity in your culture that's one thing. But ours is full of what I call workshop new-agers- people with too much money, who go to a sweat lodge put on by some white person who suddenly "sees all" and they have to pay alot of money for the privelege. You know the "spirit warrior" types who are actually stockbrokers. Its a bunch of garbage. I hate that whole new-age claptrap and I BELIEVE in the paranormal, I believe in God, I believe in spirit guides. I also know that anyone who is trying to sell me on it, is an idiot. A real holy man or woman who really had the power to hook you up with real knowledge will never charge you for the experience, they won't advertise, and you sure as hell won't find them in sedona eating granola. Sorry.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:26 PM

256 posts, read 342,821 times
I think this part of city-data needs to be moderated better.
Lets be honest, if you went into the christian forum, and told them they have no proof of jesus over and over again... what would happen? What is difference between what is happening here?

Just because your spirit guide isn't involved in your life doesn't mean another person's spirit guide "isn't real", you do no live others lives. No one can really explain knowing a spirit guide is there, because some things are to be experienced and not explained. Just like a non-christian who hasn't had God or Jesus come into their heart can't understand what it is like to have God or Jesus into ones heart, thats a good way to compare it. If any christians are here, not understanding the idea of spirit guides, then let me ask - how would you explain that you know Jesus is always there in your life, helping you, watching you, how would you explain how you know and feel it in your heart? The bible tells me so, is no different then us telling you so that we know spirit guides are real. Hell, maybe spirit guides are Jesus? Whose to say? Some would say they serve the same purpose. Maybe the spirit guide has no reason to show itself into your life, if you already have your idea of the lord to take that place? I do not know... but I will compare...

I can not explain more than I have as to why I know I have a spirit guide, no one really can. Just like you can't really explain why you know Jesus is in your heart and in your life. And maybe if you can explain how you know Jesus is in your heart and life... it would be just the same as us explain spirit guides to you...??

Thats the best I got, I think people telling other people that their beliefs are invalid because "I haven't seen it myself" is just plain silly. WHO CARES if you don't believe it.. Just because someone can't explain it to you in ways you understand and can accept doesn't mean its not real. I don't understand quantum physics and if someone explained it to me I wouldn't understand it better... but i'm not saying its not real.. but hey, someone people believe quantum physics isn't real.

This conversation has been had a thousand hundred times... always non-believers arguing believers. This thread was not created to argue about if you believe or not... at least I really hope it wasn't created for that. No believer will ever change a non-believers mind, just like No non-believer is going to change a believers mind. All yall just wasting your time, and most importantly wasting your energy that you could be using to put GOOD VIBES out into the world with.

I am sorry in advance if comparing God and/or Jesus to a spirit guide offends anyone, that was not my purpose or point.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:38 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,372,767 times
trans d hottie,
Thank God for you!

If you'd like to get a mod's opinion faster...you can click the red and white triangle
top right...
You are correct on every point, well said.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:40 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
EDIT: Sorry, answered the wrong thread.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:42 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
trans d hottie,
Thank God for you!

If you'd like to get a mod's opinion faster...you can click the red and white triangle
top right...
You are correct on every point, well said.
Yes and I concur!

I have been saying the same thing in a different way throughout most of this thread.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:53 PM

Quote:
The gullibility of the public, and especially of those perusing this particular forum has been well documented. Ref: PT Barnum.
Yes the public is quite gullible but not especially those perusing this particular forum...you must be confusing this forum with the Religious forum.

Usually those perusing this forum are the free spirited free thinkers.

Last edited by TVC15; 10-20-2014 at 08:07 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal