U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 10:32 PM

11,151 posts, read 9,037,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Look, don't be discouraged. It sounds like you want to believe this experience was paranormal because you want to believe in the paranormal. But even given the possibility that your experience wasn't paranormal, I mean that doesn't prove that spirits just don't exist. You know? Hope that makes sense. If you feel it was paranormal - nobody can sit here and tell you definitively, "Oh no it wasn't, period, the end." Keep it in your mind and heart as a cool story, it is yours, and your own experience.
I agree, have at it. Still don't you find it incongruent that a spirit who is "desperately" trying to send you a message with you would coyly scamper away from every room you entered?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2014, 11:47 PM

53 posts, read 57,046 times
"biscuitmom", I agree. If the "thing" wanted to communicate with me, it should've stayed in the same room and not played "hide and seek" with my wife and I. If it was a paranormal entity, it definitely sent us a mixed message.

Another poster (on a different paranormal forum) suggested that it may have been a poltergeist. Don't they usually go out of their way to generate noise and confuse and frighten people? My wife and I definitely felt confused and frightened on that eventful day!

Old 10-24-2014, 07:10 AM

19,285 posts, read 22,962,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMichiganman View Post
The majority of the people on this board think it was animals. Perhaps it was rats or squirrels. If this makes a difference, the event happened during the summertime. Wouldn't there be a greater chance of animals trying to enter a house (or apartment) during the winter months in order to find warm shelter?
No. Lots of the usual pests hibernate in winter. Any time we've ever had a squirrel or a bat in our house, it's been in the height of summer. Pests are less concerned about warmth than safe food and shelter, and crawlspaces, walls, and attics are great for that. Two years ago, we even had squirrels storing nuts in the air filter of our Toyota.

Squirrels, rats, mice, racoons, and bats are opportunists, not rocket scientists.

To get back to the OP:

If you have a choice of assuming the noises are a squirrel or a poltergeist, why not eliminate the squirrel before you jump to the poltergeist?

Old 10-24-2014, 07:52 AM

"Mark S", I'm not an expert when it comes to animal behavior. Perhaps I'm being presumptuous (by assuming it was a paranormal entity). But if I wanted to determine if our "encounter" was with an critter, I would've posted my thread on an animal message-board. But I posted it on a paranormal forum. For the longest time, I thought my wife and I had a paranormal experience.

I do appreciate everybody's opinions.

Sincerely,

Steve

Old 10-24-2014, 09:20 AM

19,285 posts, read 22,962,065 times
Well, I supposed it's possible it was the unquiet spirit of a squirrel. One never knows.

Old 10-24-2014, 02:49 PM

I spoke to my wife today and she still thinks (chances are) we interacted with a paranormal entity. She reminded me that we live in a basement apartment and there are several units on top of our unit. She once lived in a home wherein racoons would frequently congregate on top of the roof. She could hear their claws/paws as they scurried around. We definitely didn't hear any paws, or claws on the day we encountered the "thing." Besides, even if there were animals on the roof of our building, we wouldn't be able to hear them. We live several floors down.

"Mark S", maybe it was the ghost of a noisy squirrel who enjoyed rubbing mirrors and making popcorn?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal