Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 08:35 AM

17,597 posts, read 17,629,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
They've been looking for Bigfoot for years and other than some grainy garbage videos or smudgey heat signature stuff (and don't tell me there isn't money to be made faking it....lol).

So now, with all the trail cameras, night vision cameras, hunters etc etc etc. how many years (more) to we wait until the lack of hard proof makes people conclude it's a myth?

I've kept an open mind over the years but to me, the lack of DNA evidence (oh wait, there have been hoax attempts there too) as judged by reputable scientific analysis....no body....really? Nothing that can really stand up to scruity has ever appeared.

To make matters worse, we now have hosts of TV shows where guys wander around in the woods claiming every racoon fart is "clear signs of bigfoot activity".

So, how much longer are you guys humoring this? I'm pretty much done.

Scientist are still finding new species. While spending money and time searching for Bigfoot, those cameras could also find new species or species that were once thought to be extinct.

Old 11-15-2014, 12:32 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,926,044 times
As long as the gullible wake up each day, this myth will persist.

Old 11-16-2014, 09:35 AM

3,782 posts, read 4,244,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amylewis View Post
It will never expire as long as there is money to be made from bigfoot shows on TV and bigfoot movies.
You got it. And as long as there are people who believe Big Foot exists, these shows will be profitable and the morons staring in the shows will continue to make money,.

Old 11-20-2014, 06:54 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
Bigfoot and Global warming. As long as money is to be made, the myths will continue and the gullible will continue to buy into it.

Old 11-20-2014, 07:56 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Bigfoot and Global warming. As long as money is to be made, the myths will continue and the gullible will continue to buy into it.

No one has or will make money off of me.

Old 11-20-2014, 07:59 AM

939 posts, read 794,954 times
As long as people watch this nonsense on TV, the "movement" to find him will stay alive.

Old 11-20-2014, 08:29 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kool hand luke View Post
As long as people watch this nonsense on TV, the "movement" to find him will stay alive.

Hey Luke, how close are you to Lanier County?

Bigfoot Sightings

Old 11-20-2014, 09:08 AM

939 posts, read 794,954 times
Lanier Co. Ga? I'm about 30 miles south of Atlanta.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:38 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,804,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
We find new animals every so many years.We find new fish and so forth.Evolution is happening.
We find new animals. They are invariably small animals, or animals that live in the depths of the sea, or previously-known specimens that are discovered to be new species - such as the mountain gorilla, which was classed as a separate species only in 2003, but it had long been known of the existence of the hundreds of specimens that comprise that species.

What we most certainly do not find anymore - ever... at all... - are brand-new species, the specimens of which had never even been previously documented, of terrestrial megafauna in North America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
You severely underestimate the magnitude of the SE OK wilderness area. In the 1970's, a couple of elephants escaped from a circus there (in Hugo OK, winter home to several circuses), and it took about 3 weeks to find them. That was with a massive, intense, focused hunt by many groups of searchers who knew exactly what type animal they were searching for. Helicopters were brought in early on. And consider this: the elephants remained in a part of the area that is relatively flat, less timbered, and more cultivated than most of the rest of SE OK.
It took three weeks to capture them, not find them. They were repeatedly sighted. Droppings were found. Damage they caused was found. Their wallows were found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
Actually, there's a lot more really wild country on the North American continent than many city dwellers realize. Which is why I still give a 5%-10% probability of there actually being something like a large undiscovered primate out there in the Northwest.

The eastern cougar, for example, is generally thought to be extinct ... but to this day, people in the southern Appalachians continue to report sightings of it (though more recent reports might be due to western cougars moving east).
And the eastern cougar - a subspecies, if it exists - is still considered extinct. Cougars in eastern North America are thought from the west, where the population was never extirpated. I live in Minnesota, and even here the sightings and captures have gone up. And by 'sighting', I mean those that are verified, by tracks or spoor or trail cameras. I'd put the odds of a 'cougar sighting' as being a real mountain lion, as opposed to a bobcat or a feral cat at about 1 in 100. Numerous animals tagged with GPS have been documented travelling hundreds of miles to the east - young males seeking territory. For example, this one went from the upper Midwest (MN, WI) to Connecticut.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/27/ny...ests-find.html

More:
Central USA sees mountain lion migrations - USATODAY.com

And modern examination of the genetics of extant cougars and old specimens of those from the east (which would be the eastern cougar) and others (such as the subspecies in southern Florida) have cast doubt that there even is more than one subspecies of the animal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Many animal species never get killed on a road, even when the roads are busy and the animals are plentiful. I've never seen a monkey killed on the road and I've never heard of a baboon being killed on the road. Humans on the other hand like to live dangerously.
Just because you've never heard of it... here's the results of a few seconds of googling:
Baby monkey weeps after mother killed by car - Emirates 24/7
Baboon management

Anywhere there are animals and vehicles, there are animals killed by those vehicles. Now, there are no dead baboons on roads in the Pacific Northwest. Why? Because there are no baboons in the Pacific Northwest. So it is with Bigfoots (Bigfeet?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Just because you haven't seen a good photograph or a pile of BF crap does not mean anything.
Right. And the fact that no one has a photograph of a leprechaun, or a little green steaming pile of leprechaun excrement, doesn't mean anything. Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
A comparative rare animal that not many folks see is the mountain lion (in areas where it is thought they don't exist but there are unproven sightings. No dead ones found and no pooh but the occasional foot print (I think?)
Yeah, aside from the thousands of mountain lions taken by hunters each year, the many specimens in zoos, photos from hikers, the stills from trail cameras, and the hundreds killed by motor vehicles every year, we have no evidence that they even exist! Just like Bigfoot!
Dog’s Confrontation With Mountain Lion Caught On Camera « CBS Denver
Locations of Roadkill Observations | California Roadkill Observation System
Trail camera records mountain lion near Two Harbors | Outdoors with Sam Cook
South Dakota 2013 Hunt Will Kill 100 Mountain Lions

Old 11-20-2014, 09:52 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,249,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Bigfoots (Bigfeet?).
Bigfootses (for adult males)
Bigfootesses (for adult females)
Bigfootsies (for young of either sex)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal