Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 08:37 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,202,675 times

Advertisements

I am sure not pointing my finger at anyone but; in the Bf researchers world there is a phrase used for so many . The term is "city stupid". The term is applied to those that don't actually have any experience in the out door world and try to act superior. This is applied when a city type person comes out in the country and starts talking to the locals. The locals all just shut up and let them rattle own and we just look at each other and let the person talk all he wants and we just stand there and listen. I mean what's the use? We know what we know and have experienced and what ever a layman says doesn't mean anything except humor or disgust.

PS. Some of my friends might tease me and say i am "city stupid" for even answering any posts or threads pertaining to a BF. You can be a city resident and not be "city stupid" at all.

Last edited by Versatile; 11-24-2014 at 08:44 AM.. Reason: clarification of "city stupid"

Old 11-24-2014, 10:35 AM

18,763 posts, read 18,050,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I am sure not pointing my finger at anyone but; in the Bf researchers world there is a phrase used for so many . The term is "city stupid". The term is applied to those that don't actually have any experience in the out door world and try to act superior. This is applied when a city type person comes out in the country and starts talking to the locals. The locals all just shut up and let them rattle own and we just look at each other and let the person talk all he wants and we just stand there and listen. I mean what's the use? We know what we know and have experienced and what ever a layman says doesn't mean anything except humor or disgust.

PS. Some of my friends might tease me and say i am "city stupid" for even answering any posts or threads pertaining to a BF. You can be a city resident and not be "city stupid" at all.
I grew up in the country with miles of woods behind my house. I never saw a bigfoot; but I did see one large cat. I said this before: I called our Game Commission and reported our sighting - my wife also saw the same big cat. They treated me as if we were drinking. They do have valid points that no large cat, mountain lion, has ever been documented in PA. I would think that one would have turned up dead on the side of our busy roads. I did hold it against our GC that they were not willing to come out and investigate our claim.

That is the problem with all bigfoot sightings - no solid evidence. In the case of our big cat; one was found dead in Connecticut many years later. That, at least, gives our claim some plausibility. For now I would have to go with three legged bears walking around our woods.

Old 11-24-2014, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I grew up in the country with miles of woods behind my house. I never saw a bigfoot; but I did see one large cat. I said this before: I called our Game Commission and reported our sighting - my wife also saw the same big cat. They treated me as if we were drinking. They do have valid points that no large cat, mountain lion, has ever been documented in PA. I would think that one would have turned up dead on the side of our busy roads. I did hold it against our GC that they were not willing to come out and investigate our claim.

That is the problem with all bigfoot sightings - no solid evidence. In the case of our big cat; one was found dead in Connecticut many years later. That, at least, gives our claim some plausibility. For now I would have to go with three legged bears walking around our woods.

Other than actually seeing one would you have any idea as to what to look for as sign?
What i am telling you is that there is solid evidence and for the most part very few are privy to it.

Last edited by Versatile; 11-24-2014 at 12:03 PM.. Reason: to correct spelling

Old 11-24-2014, 10:59 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,923,411 times
Quote:
Other than actually seeing one would you have any idea as to what to look for as sign?
What i am telling you is that there is sold evidence and for the most part very few are privy to it.
I think even the most "city stupid" do.

Feces...hair...bones...things that no species, including human, could possibly cover entirely for decades or centuries in every possible case, for every possible member.

Old 11-24-2014, 11:02 AM

Why do some cops make claims they have seen a BF?

What is in it for them?

1. Public shaming and getting laughed at.
2. Loss of job and credibility.
3, Total disruption of life style.

Why do some cops and Forest Rangers do this?

Old 11-24-2014, 11:16 AM

18,763 posts, read 18,050,478 times
Quote:
What i am telling you is that there is sold evidence and for the most part very few are privy to it.
I have hard evidence but nobody, except a very few, can see it! That is why our GC thinks I was drinking with our cat sighting! This is what bigfoot supporters need to get more to believe: Mountain lion killed in Conn. had walked from S. Dakota. They need the physical evidence that all can examine.

Old 11-24-2014, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I have hard evidence but nobody, except a very few, can see it! That is why our GC thinks I was drinking with our cat sighting! This is what bigfoot supporters need to get more to believe: Mountain lion killed in Conn. had walked from S. Dakota. They need the physical evidence that all can examine.

We have been through the same thing here in Mo. Conservation dept used to refuse to admit we have cougars.

Why do bigfoot people need to get others to believe?

Old 11-24-2014, 11:33 AM

22,893 posts, read 28,167,543 times
Quote:
What solid evidence?

Why are only a few privy to it?

Old 11-24-2014, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
What solid evidence?

Why are only a few privy to it?

Mark you are getting to be a drag. Go back and read any thread here at CD about BF's and even in this one you will see the info. I have posted quite a few things and people just ignore what is said and act like they never even saw what i posted.

As for privy: Would you tell just anyone that you had a BF or two on your farm? Would you want to be over ran by people looking to shoot one and make big bucks. Would you want people that you don't even know bothering you and violating your privacy? Would you want people calling you up and calling you a liar?
There is a book that was written by SMOKEY CRABTREE a few years ago. Read it and you will see what he has to say about telling anyone anything at all. The book is named: "Too Close to the Mirror".

Old 11-24-2014, 01:30 PM

22,893 posts, read 28,167,543 times
Quote:
Mark you are getting to be a drag. Go back and read any thread here at CD about BF's and even in this one you will see the info. I have posted quite a few things and people just ignore what is said and act like they never even saw what i posted.
I've seen lots of claims, but not a single piece of solid evidence.

Quote:
As for privy: Would you tell just anyone that you had a BF or two on your farm? Would you want to be over ran by people looking to shoot one and make big bucks. Would you want people that you don't even know bothering you and violating your privacy? Would you want people calling you up and calling you a liar?
If I had Sasquatch on my farm, I'd be out night and day with a camera, pepper spray, video equipment, a gun, etc. and would not rest until I had a good photo, some hair, a credible footprint, a big pole of poo, something, anything. The fact that no one can do that says a lot. For an 8 foot primate, Bigfoot apparently has a downright supernatural ability to hide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.