U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-24-2014, 08:37 AM
 
12,214 posts, read 11,597,711 times
Reputation: 4931

Advertisements

I am sure not pointing my finger at anyone but; in the Bf researchers world there is a phrase used for so many . The term is "city stupid". The term is applied to those that don't actually have any experience in the out door world and try to act superior. This is applied when a city type person comes out in the country and starts talking to the locals. The locals all just shut up and let them rattle own and we just look at each other and let the person talk all he wants and we just stand there and listen. I mean what's the use? We know what we know and have experienced and what ever a layman says doesn't mean anything except humor or disgust.

PS. Some of my friends might tease me and say i am "city stupid" for even answering any posts or threads pertaining to a BF. You can be a city resident and not be "city stupid" at all.

Last edited by Versatile; 11-24-2014 at 08:44 AM.. Reason: clarification of "city stupid"
Rate this post positively

 
Old 11-24-2014, 10:35 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
18,022 posts, read 14,300,923 times
Reputation: 13870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I am sure not pointing my finger at anyone but; in the Bf researchers world there is a phrase used for so many . The term is "city stupid". The term is applied to those that don't actually have any experience in the out door world and try to act superior. This is applied when a city type person comes out in the country and starts talking to the locals. The locals all just shut up and let them rattle own and we just look at each other and let the person talk all he wants and we just stand there and listen. I mean what's the use? We know what we know and have experienced and what ever a layman says doesn't mean anything except humor or disgust.

PS. Some of my friends might tease me and say i am "city stupid" for even answering any posts or threads pertaining to a BF. You can be a city resident and not be "city stupid" at all.
I grew up in the country with miles of woods behind my house. I never saw a bigfoot; but I did see one large cat. I said this before: I called our Game Commission and reported our sighting - my wife also saw the same big cat. They treated me as if we were drinking. They do have valid points that no large cat, mountain lion, has ever been documented in PA. I would think that one would have turned up dead on the side of our busy roads. I did hold it against our GC that they were not willing to come out and investigate our claim.

That is the problem with all bigfoot sightings - no solid evidence. In the case of our big cat; one was found dead in Connecticut many years later. That, at least, gives our claim some plausibility. For now I would have to go with three legged bears walking around our woods.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-24-2014, 10:50 AM
 
12,214 posts, read 11,597,711 times
Reputation: 4931
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I grew up in the country with miles of woods behind my house. I never saw a bigfoot; but I did see one large cat. I said this before: I called our Game Commission and reported our sighting - my wife also saw the same big cat. They treated me as if we were drinking. They do have valid points that no large cat, mountain lion, has ever been documented in PA. I would think that one would have turned up dead on the side of our busy roads. I did hold it against our GC that they were not willing to come out and investigate our claim.

That is the problem with all bigfoot sightings - no solid evidence. In the case of our big cat; one was found dead in Connecticut many years later. That, at least, gives our claim some plausibility. For now I would have to go with three legged bears walking around our woods.

Other than actually seeing one would you have any idea as to what to look for as sign?
What i am telling you is that there is solid evidence and for the most part very few are privy to it.

Last edited by Versatile; 11-24-2014 at 12:03 PM.. Reason: to correct spelling
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-24-2014, 10:59 AM
 
25,736 posts, read 27,408,239 times
Reputation: 24473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Other than actually seeing one would you have any idea as to what to look for as sign?
What i am telling you is that there is sold evidence and for the most part very few are privy to it.
I think even the most "city stupid" do.

Feces...hair...bones...things that no species, including human, could possibly cover entirely for decades or centuries in every possible case, for every possible member.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-24-2014, 11:02 AM
 
12,214 posts, read 11,597,711 times
Reputation: 4931
Why do some cops make claims they have seen a BF?

What is in it for them?

1. Public shaming and getting laughed at.
2. Loss of job and credibility.
3, Total disruption of life style.

Why do some cops and Forest Rangers do this?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-24-2014, 11:16 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
18,022 posts, read 14,300,923 times
Reputation: 13870
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Other than actually seeing one would you have any idea as to what to look for as sign?
What i am telling you is that there is sold evidence and for the most part very few are privy to it.
I have hard evidence but nobody, except a very few, can see it! That is why our GC thinks I was drinking with our cat sighting! This is what bigfoot supporters need to get more to believe: Mountain lion killed in Conn. had walked from S. Dakota. They need the physical evidence that all can examine.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-24-2014, 11:27 AM
 
12,214 posts, read 11,597,711 times
Reputation: 4931
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I have hard evidence but nobody, except a very few, can see it! That is why our GC thinks I was drinking with our cat sighting! This is what bigfoot supporters need to get more to believe: Mountain lion killed in Conn. had walked from S. Dakota. They need the physical evidence that all can examine.


We have been through the same thing here in Mo. Conservation dept used to refuse to admit we have cougars.

Why do bigfoot people need to get others to believe?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-24-2014, 11:33 AM
 
Location: Maine
19,417 posts, read 23,084,175 times
Reputation: 23868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
What i am telling you is that there is sold evidence and for the most part very few are privy to it.
What solid evidence?

Why are only a few privy to it?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-24-2014, 12:20 PM
 
12,214 posts, read 11,597,711 times
Reputation: 4931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
What solid evidence?

Why are only a few privy to it?

Mark you are getting to be a drag. Go back and read any thread here at CD about BF's and even in this one you will see the info. I have posted quite a few things and people just ignore what is said and act like they never even saw what i posted.

As for privy: Would you tell just anyone that you had a BF or two on your farm? Would you want to be over ran by people looking to shoot one and make big bucks. Would you want people that you don't even know bothering you and violating your privacy? Would you want people calling you up and calling you a liar?
There is a book that was written by SMOKEY CRABTREE a few years ago. Read it and you will see what he has to say about telling anyone anything at all. The book is named: "Too Close to the Mirror".
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-24-2014, 01:30 PM
 
Location: Maine
19,417 posts, read 23,084,175 times
Reputation: 23868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Mark you are getting to be a drag. Go back and read any thread here at CD about BF's and even in this one you will see the info. I have posted quite a few things and people just ignore what is said and act like they never even saw what i posted.
I've seen lots of claims, but not a single piece of solid evidence.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
As for privy: Would you tell just anyone that you had a BF or two on your farm? Would you want to be over ran by people looking to shoot one and make big bucks. Would you want people that you don't even know bothering you and violating your privacy? Would you want people calling you up and calling you a liar?
If I had Sasquatch on my farm, I'd be out night and day with a camera, pepper spray, video equipment, a gun, etc. and would not rest until I had a good photo, some hair, a credible footprint, a big pole of poo, something, anything. The fact that no one can do that says a lot. For an 8 foot primate, Bigfoot apparently has a downright supernatural ability to hide.
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.



All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top