U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2014, 02:55 PM

12,201 posts, read 11,524,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I've seen lots of claims, but not a single piece of solid evidence.

If I had Sasquatch on my farm, I'd be out night and day with a camera, pepper spray, video equipment, a gun, etc. and would not rest until I had a good photo, some hair, a credible footprint, a big pole of poo, something, anything. The fact that no one can do that says a lot. For an 8 foot primate, Bigfoot apparently has a downright supernatural ability to hide.
I know people that have hair, good foot prints, i have had some POO(just what should a person do with it?)

Why would you be out with a gun or pepper spray?Why would you want to shoot it. What would you do with a photo?

So many people think a BF has too be 8ft tall or better. They don't have to be. They have to grow up and some are just not that big although there are bigger ones than 8 ft

Quite people could have taken a shot but they thought it looks so human they wouldn't.

My cousin told me that everyone knows that you start messing with a BF then they will start messing with you.(Arkansas)

What do you constitute as a good photo?

Would you tell the general public that you had one on your farm?

Mark i am not trying to rake you over the coals at all. As you are putting the shoe on the other foot as to what you would do. The you can see where everything changes after you have lets' say "FOUND ONE"

Not every lab can do DNA on Primates. I think there are only three and you have to have a Federal lic. to do anything with Primates in a lab. irrc

Last edited by Versatile; 11-24-2014 at 03:07 PM..
Rate this post positively

Old 11-24-2014, 03:21 PM

In the beginning i wanted to shoot one also. Didn't take me long to realize that that is something i didn't want to do. In my state it is illegal to shoot anything that there is no season on. Would your law enforcement or the game warden give you grief or arrest you.
Were you to shoot one would you fear the govt coming and take it away from you and take you with them also? How would you move the carcass? How would you preserve something like that?
There is overwhelmingly the common idea that BF retrieve their dead. Why wouldn't that be possible?
Cannibalism. There are tribes that used to eat there dead and it still happens occasionally in New Guinea.
Why not cannibalism?

What color should one be?

I think that a person that shot one would get death threats were it to become public knowledge.

Last edited by Versatile; 11-24-2014 at 04:34 PM.. Reason: to add plenty more.

Old 11-24-2014, 05:24 PM

5,790 posts, read 4,508,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
No i didn't do anything to that photo. I have never used Photo shop.

Only fools think that you are going to get a photo of a BF in a open area. You guys say why don't they post a photo if they have them. Good reason as you see what happens on this forum.
Then someone else created the b&w image by applying filters to it. Right?

You know, all the insults and implying critics of the evidence don't know as much as you do doesn't foster belief on our part. We're not more inclined to believe your claims because you imply we're fools and not Great Woodsmen who are privy to the real convincing evidence like you are. And the funny thing is, many of those in this thread who criticize the evidence would like just as much as you to believe there's something to these stories. But extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, which no one in or out of this forum has as far as I can see presented so far. This is after all about quality of evidence, not your value as a person.

Old 11-24-2014, 08:52 PM

19,189 posts, read 22,893,373 times
Quote:
I know people that have hair, good foot prints, i have had some POO(just what should a person do with it?)
Have it analyzed. A biologist will be able to tell you if the DNA came from any known animal. If the answer is no, then you've got some really compelling evidence. I have never seen a record of any such thing. Every bit of hair or scat put to analysis ends up being from a bear or a beaver or some other animal.

Quote:
Why would you be out with a gun or pepper spray?Why would you want to shoot it.
I wouldn't want to shoot it, but if it came down to Bigfoot or me, I choose me. I hold that same general policy to most animals. Or people for that matter.

Quote:
What would you do with a photo?
CNN, The Washington Post, The Smithsonian. Actually, now that I think about it, National Geographic would probably be my first call. I'd have it analyzed by any and every expert and skeptic I could find.

Quote:
What do you constitute as a good photo?
A clear photo of an animal. Not some fuzzy shadow behind a distant tree, or a guy in a gorilla suit. If there were hundreds of large primates running around North America, someone somewhere would have some evidence by now.

Quote:
Would you tell the general public that you had one on your farm?
IF I had proof, you bet I would.

Old 11-24-2014, 11:01 PM

7,066 posts, read 3,529,932 times
Quote:
Feces...hair...bones...things that no species, including human, could possibly cover entirely for decades or centuries in every possible case, for every possible member.
Sounds reasonable. Now all we have to do is figure out what exactly a bigfoot poo pile looks like. We could step in it and not know what it was (other than being a pile of poo). What's the difference between bigfoot poo and bear poo? Maybe people have come across bigfoot poo and assumed it was another hiker or hunter's poo. I've found animal hair in the forest - many times. I identified it as animal hair. Brown animal hair. Probably deer or antelope or it could have been a brown dog or possum in a tree. Heck, it could even have been bigfoot hair. So, we can exclude 'signs' because we don't know what they are.

About that picture of what vaguely looks like a black bear with green eyes standing behind what looks like tall weeds, it can't possibly be a bigfoot because of the great apes, only humans have green eyes and even then only the ones originating from the far north. No native American has green eyes and no African has green eyes. It still looks like a black cat standing behind tall weeds to me. And black cats do have green eyes.

I'm not saying I don't think they exist but that finding evidence for them could be a bit tricky and that lack of evidence doesn't mean they don't exist.

Old 11-25-2014, 12:40 AM

338 posts, read 367,271 times
I tawt I taw a puddy tat...

Old 11-25-2014, 12:52 AM

9,424 posts, read 11,825,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I think even the most "city stupid" do.

Feces...hair...bones...things that no species, including human, could possibly cover entirely for decades or centuries in every possible case, for every possible member.
I think I might be one of the "city stupid" the poster was referring to. I grew up next to a creek that is very urban now, not so much when I was a kid. I loved (and feared!) the legend of Bigfoot. I always wanted it to be true. My grandfather was born in a cabin in the Ouachita Mountains of Arkansas, definitely wouldn't qualify as "city stupid". No Bigfoot stories from him. I'm not even sure he ever heard of the legend.

Old 11-25-2014, 02:29 AM

2,966 posts, read 4,580,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmachina View Post
Never mind looking for Bigfoot, where is the bone evidence of all of the dead ones?

We can find bones of animals and dinosaurs from 100s of thousands of years ago, but not 1 Bigfoot bone can be found. There should be plenty of them around, since they are supposed to be walking among us, even today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratchetjaw View Post
Who needs Photoshop? And why are people still looking for Bigfoot, anyways? I'm right here in Vancouver, WA where I've been for years, alive and well as always...

Full disclosure: it's a process known as "cremation". Really not that big of a secret. Us Sasquatches have been practising it for millennia.
I cannot tell if you are serious, or trolling me.

Old 11-25-2014, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
I think I might be one of the "city stupid" the poster was referring to. I grew up next to a creek that is very urban now, not so much when I was a kid. I loved (and feared!) the legend of Bigfoot. I always wanted it to be true. My grandfather was born in a cabin in the Ouachita Mountains of Arkansas, definitely wouldn't qualify as "city stupid". No Bigfoot stories from him. I'm not even sure he ever heard of the legend.
I know a man that has taught me plenty and he grew up around them and he never saw one until he was 25 yrs old.

Old 11-25-2014, 07:14 PM

17,805 posts, read 14,097,551 times
Quote:
I know a man that has taught me plenty and he grew up around them and he never saw one until he was 25 yrs old.
I grew up with hunters and some used to use horses to timber at the beginning of the last century. They never mentioned bigfoot. So now where are you going? Get the evidence and have professionals study it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.