U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 09:50 AM

17,971 posts, read 14,226,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You couldn't snow-track it with helicopters in heavily forested areas, especially evergreen forests. Not that I believe they exist, but just saying.
Not all forest is evergreen - most loose their leaves during the colder months. Of course all of those smart big foots only hang out in evergreen forest with roads that have crossing guards!

Even if they did only hang out in evergreen forest; we still have snowmobiles. We could easily track one in the snow with our speedy modern equipment.

The best evidence I ever saw of a living 'big foot' was the footage that was taken of a three legged bear walking upright. That would explain large tracks and why we normally do not find many tracks - there are not too many three legged bear.
Rate this post positively

Old 11-09-2014, 05:01 PM

16,081 posts, read 25,694,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
Almost all of those will be single-celled organisms, insects, and plankton.

"God has an inordinate fondness for stars and beetles." -- J.B.S Haldane

What are you suggesting: bigfoot is a hybrid between humans and ... what? Eeeww.
lols... well could big foot fall into the category of hybrid? Is it real, or is the bottom line delusion?

Old 11-10-2014, 12:47 AM

7,156 posts, read 3,578,042 times
Apparently all modern humans have Neanderthal DNA because we have common ancestors. However, some modern humans have more than others and that is from interbreeding. West Africans have the least Neanderthal DNA because they only have common ancestry DNA or so they say.

The funny thing is the America's have no apes and as far as I know, never has had. So this 'bush ape' must have migrated, possibly alongside the early human migrations?

Old 11-10-2014, 01:22 AM

25,736 posts, read 27,350,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Apparently all modern humans have Neanderthal DNA because we have common ancestors. However, some modern humans have more than others and that is from interbreeding. West Africans have the least Neanderthal DNA because they only have common ancestry DNA or so they say.

The funny thing is the America's have no apes and as far as I know, never has had. So this 'bush ape' must have migrated, possibly alongside the early human migrations?
Okay...but the Neanderthals were never anywhere near as large as Bigfoot is reported to be. So even given the possibility of cross-breeding,and/or "more Neanderthal genes" in any given individual or group, H. sapiens Sapiens with Neanderthal would not have produced a Bigfoot. Unless the Bigfoot sub-species was somehow given the resources to thrive and grow much, much huger than it had originally been, and given that it had no more resources than humans crossing into the Americas, and humans didn't grow that big here (or anywhere on earth - no matter how lush the resources), that doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense either.

In fact, has there been any primate since Gigantopithecus that was anywhere near as large as Bigfoot is supposed to be?

Because if we're talking about cross-breeding that would have resulted in something as gigantic as Bigfoot...you're talking a Gigantopithecus-type animal. And how un-alike would the genes between the two (a Gigantopithecus-type animal and a human) have to be? Would breeding even have been possible? Humans can't even mate with their closest primate ancestors - chimps and bonobos - today and produce any young. (Thank God.)

Also, the cross-breeding would have to have at least a good bit of frequency in order to result in an entire, self-supporting species. I'm getting a visual here...and am just not seeing it.

And yes, any primate would have had to migrate. They were not native to the Americas.

Old 11-10-2014, 01:34 AM

25,736 posts, read 27,350,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post

One point to consider, if these creatures do exist and they are dying, they are likely to go to a quite, secluded and hidden spot to do so, just like cats and some dogs do (excluding city cats and dogs that have no choice).
But how likely is it that EVERY Bigfoot dies of something progressive and therefore knows it's dying, and/or is hurt in some way and knows it's dying, but is somehow not hurt enough to not be able to go to some quiet place?

A few would just conk out in some non-pre-planned place at some point, I mean come on. Even humans, who are supposed to be uber-intelligent as animals go, drop dead here, there and everywhere.

Old 11-10-2014, 08:23 AM

12,211 posts, read 11,570,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
But how likely is it that EVERY Bigfoot dies of something progressive and therefore knows it's dying, and/or is hurt in some way and knows it's dying, but is somehow not hurt enough to not be able to go to some quiet place?

A few would just conk out in some non-pre-planned place at some point, I mean come on. Even humans, who are supposed to be uber-intelligent as animals go, drop dead here, there and everywhere.
There are many people that say that the Bf's recover their dead. Some tribes of people also eat their dead members. Thus some say that the BF's just might eat their dead. No proof only theory. You can sit around and deny all this info and accounts or you can actually get out there and see a little of the outdoors for your self. No telling what might happen.

Old 11-10-2014, 09:10 AM

32,844 posts, read 18,667,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
What's the expiration date on ghosts, fairies, ufo's, angles, aliens, and visions of the Virgin Mary? A case can be made that Bigfoot falls into the same category. I don't know the answer to any of this. I can say that if I ever did see a bigfoot, that would mark the expiration date on my underwear
LOL! Good one.

I would say "Peace on Earth" has the same expiration date as the bigfoot expiration date. People pray for peace on earth, but I'm not holding my breath.

I will say I have worked a summer with the forestry service up in Idaho and we never saw any bear bones. And we were out in the woods 40 hours a week.

I like to watch those bigfoot shows. I get a kick out of them. And I also have to more than once during each show.

Old 11-10-2014, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
LOL! Good one.

I would say "Peace on Earth" has the same expiration date as the bigfoot expiration date. People pray for peace on earth, but I'm not holding my breath.

I will say I have worked a summer with the forestry service up in Idaho and we never saw any bear bones. And we were out in the woods 40 hours a week.

I like to watch those bigfoot shows. I get a kick out of them. And I also have to more than once during each show.
You have nailed it. Why do people think they can get accurate information from a entertainment type tv show?

The only show to watch is the GCBRO on the Discovery channel.

Old 11-11-2014, 06:41 AM

Get up to speed fast on hoaxes and real researchers.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/timstelloh/t...e-over-bigfoot

Old 11-11-2014, 09:49 PM

7,156 posts, read 3,578,042 times
Quote:
I have not seen Bigfoot, but my daughter and brother in law did.
Perhaps the expiry date is not about to happen any time soon?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.