Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 11:38 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kool hand luke View Post
Lanier Co. Ga? I'm about 30 miles south of Atlanta.

Did you read the link?

Old 11-20-2014, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
We find new animals. They are invariably small animals, or animals that live in the depths of the sea, or previously-known specimens that are discovered to be new species - such as the mountain gorilla, which was classed as a separate species only in 2003, but it had long been known of the existence of the hundreds of specimens that comprise that species.

What we most certainly do not find anymore - ever... at all... - are brand-new species, the specimens of which had never even been previously documented, of terrestrial megafauna in North America.

It took three weeks to capture them, not find them. They were repeatedly sighted. Droppings were found. Damage they caused was found. Their wallows were found.

And the eastern cougar - a subspecies, if it exists - is still considered extinct. Cougars in eastern North America are thought from the west, where the population was never extirpated. I live in Minnesota, and even here the sightings and captures have gone up. And by 'sighting', I mean those that are verified, by tracks or spoor or trail cameras. I'd put the odds of a 'cougar sighting' as being a real mountain lion, as opposed to a bobcat or a feral cat at about 1 in 100. Numerous animals tagged with GPS have been documented travelling hundreds of miles to the east - young males seeking territory. For example, this one went from the upper Midwest (MN, WI) to Connecticut.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/27/ny...ests-find.html

More:
Central USA sees mountain lion migrations - USATODAY.com

And modern examination of the genetics of extant cougars and old specimens of those from the east (which would be the eastern cougar) and others (such as the subspecies in southern Florida) have cast doubt that there even is more than one subspecies of the animal.

Just because you've never heard of it... here's the results of a few seconds of googling:
Baby monkey weeps after mother killed by car - Emirates 24/7
Baboon management

Anywhere there are animals and vehicles, there are animals killed by those vehicles. Now, there are no dead baboons on roads in the Pacific Northwest. Why? Because there are no baboons in the Pacific Northwest. So it is with Bigfoots (Bigfeet?).

Right. And the fact that no one has a photograph of a leprechaun, or a little green steaming pile of leprechaun excrement, doesn't mean anything. Right?

Yeah, aside from the thousands of mountain lions taken by hunters each year, the many specimens in zoos, photos from hikers, the stills from trail cameras, and the hundreds killed by motor vehicles every year, we have no evidence that they even exist! Just like Bigfoot!
Dog’s Confrontation With Mountain Lion Caught On Camera « CBS Denver
Locations of Roadkill Observations | California Roadkill Observation System
Trail camera records mountain lion near Two Harbors | Outdoors with Sam Cook
South Dakota 2013 Hunt Will Kill 100 Mountain Lions
Calm down . I have said before that this is a hoax i cannot bust. You guys are the ones saying that no photos exist. Have you seen the photos i posted in another thread called "Bigfoot knocked over my slow cooker?"

Old 11-20-2014, 11:43 AM

2,966 posts, read 5,217,774 times
Never mind looking for Bigfoot, where is the bone evidence of all of the dead ones?

We can find bones of animals and dinosaurs from 100s of thousands of years ago, but not Bigfoot bone can be found. There should be plenty of them around, since they are supposed to be walking among us, even today.

Old 11-20-2014, 11:53 AM

939 posts, read 795,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Did you read the link?
No.

Old 11-20-2014, 11:42 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,987,049 times
Quote:
Just because you've never heard of it... here's the results of a few seconds of googling:
Baby monkey weeps after mother killed by car - Emirates 24/7
Baboon management
I was referring to the vervet monkey of southern and eastern Africa. I lived where they were plentiful and often saw them on the side of the road and sometimes in town and never saw one run over. That doesn't mean they never got run over but would suggest that such an event would be rare. That's for a common and abundant primate that often lives in close proximity to human populations, not one that is rare and stays away from populated areas (mostly). I'm just saying that absence of road kill does not prove or indicate the absence of a creature. On the other hand it does nothing to prove the existence of a creature either.

So that's the problem, there is no proof of bigfoot not existing. That's why there is no expiry date to not finding bigfoot!

Old 11-21-2014, 07:05 AM

Remember the creeks, they always follow the creeks.

Old 11-21-2014, 12:12 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,987,049 times
The question I have is that if bigfoot does not exist then what is the explanation for all the alleged sightings and the night time disturbances? Most primates are diurnal (I know only of the African bushbaby being nocturnal - so named because they make a sound like a crying baby). Bigfoot 'sightings' are almost always daytime which would suggest they are diurnal so what's with the night time reports of sticks, branches and rocks being thrown around camp sites? Forests can be noisy places at night (and in the daytime) with branches falling and small critters knocking off and dropping nuts and pods and small branches but experienced campers should know the difference I'm sure.

Quote:
Remember the creeks, they always follow the creeks.
Then it would be only a matter of time before one is caught on camera. Strange that hasn't happened yet.

Old 11-21-2014, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
The question I have is that if bigfoot does not exist then what is the explanation for all the alleged sightings and the night time disturbances? Most primates are diurnal (I know only of the African bushbaby being nocturnal - so named because they make a sound like a crying baby). Bigfoot 'sightings' are almost always daytime which would suggest they are diurnal so what's with the night time reports of sticks, branches and rocks being thrown around camp sites? Forests can be noisy places at night (and in the daytime) with branches falling and small critters knocking off and dropping nuts and pods and small branches but experienced campers should know the difference I'm sure.

Then it would be only a matter of time before one is caught on camera. Strange that hasn't happened yet.
There are photos. I have posted several on this forum.

GO TO Post #68

//www.city-data.com/forum/unexp...wcooker-7.html

To the whole world it will take a body or a piece of one maybe.

Old 11-21-2014, 04:52 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times
bigfoot will always live in our hearts and.... seriously? cant we just have a little fun? btw there was such a thing as gigantopithecus: Gigantopithecus | Is Bigfoot Real .. maybe its just neanderthals hiding from us cro mags .. btw#2 me and a couple friends saw some big foot prints 13" long about 6" wide but the big toe was like a thumb... hiking along the missouri river off trail

Old 11-21-2014, 06:13 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
bigfoot will always live in our hearts and.... seriously? cant we just have a little fun? btw there was such a thing as gigantopithecus: Gigantopithecus | Is Bigfoot Real .. maybe its just neanderthals hiding from us cro mags .. btw#2 me and a couple friends saw some big foot prints 13" long about 6" wide but the big toe was like a thumb... hiking along the missouri river off trail
Here is a picture of what could have made those footprints:
Three-Legged Bear - YouTube. It is credible evidence and is not just a fleeting picture of a three legged bear. Keep in mind that this is not that common - which would explain why there are not footprints everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal