Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 04:15 AM

18 posts, read 27,119 times

Advertisements

A new painting that was found in Romania in a church from the 16th century clearly shows an odd saucer shaped UFO over a building.

I thought this was pretty interesting. There are a lot of them out there. There must be something to this.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2014, 12:02 PM

20,025 posts, read 20,835,571 times
Not a UFO. That is clearly a painting of the eastern European Flying Land Clam.
They are long thought to be extinct but there have been the oddball sightings once in a while.

Old 11-14-2014, 01:37 PM

11,021 posts, read 5,980,231 times
It's part of the drapes in the window through which the house is viewed.

Old 11-14-2014, 02:38 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,670,168 times
Have to burst the bubble- but that is not a UFO...and on the website with more paintings, those are not UFOs either.
In one of the paintings it is clearly apparent that one is the sun and on the opposite side, the moon. Yes they have people 'inside' them, that does not make them alien crafts.
Someplace in my library of art books is a focus on the sun/moon from that painting. I will have to find it and pass on what it says about it.

Old 11-14-2014, 02:58 PM

78,348 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Hey look! That dog is smiling at me!

Old 11-15-2014, 09:10 AM

17,608 posts, read 17,642,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Have to burst the bubble- but that is not a UFO...and on the website with more paintings, those are not UFOs either.
In one of the paintings it is clearly apparent that one is the sun and on the opposite side, the moon. Yes they have people 'inside' them, that does not make them alien crafts.
Someplace in my library of art books is a focus on the sun/moon from that painting. I will have to find it and pass on what it says about it.
Denial. It's obviously a UFO.

Old 11-15-2014, 11:08 AM

1,385 posts, read 1,523,105 times
@OwlKaMyst -- When you look at these kinds of things you have to consider what's never accurately depicted in them -- things they don't know about or have never seen. What would possess them to depict something resembling a space craft with persons inside or flying disc-shaped objects when this is something the probably never would have thought possible. You have to try and understand how they viewed the world rather than judging what you think is plausible based on your understanding of the world today.

Old 11-15-2014, 12:24 PM

So it is not at all possible that it IS a sun and moon with the Christian angels inside?
Study Byzantine religious art and you will discover there is overlap from the Roman pagan traditions found in Christian art.
I totally get the concept of a portrait of something not understood- many things from the bible, when reading it openly with no religious context, instantly took my thoughts to 'it's alien' (or from the future). Such as 'be came down from heaven in a chariot of fire' - sounds like some sort of combustion craft.
I am very much into symbolism and I have studied art. These UFO art promoters do not include anything documented from the period regarding the sometimes strict religious iconography.
Look up Benvenuto Tisi, Immaculate Conception with the Doctors of the Church. You will see the placement of the Sun and Moon the same as the painting on the website. It's common.
One also must consider another important aspect, the religion that inspired the art.
What we have is Christian art, no where in the bible is it told of strange crafts or beings being present at the crucifixion.
Also- if UFOs had been witnessed, why only during these monumental events centered around Jesus?
Why are are there not a plethora of other paintings with UFO? Why only the Chrisitian ones from the medieval times?

Old 11-15-2014, 12:26 PM

Oh - and BTW...I am not a disbeliever in aliens or UFOs....I have actually seen one.

Old 11-15-2014, 01:56 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,114,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Also- if UFOs had been witnessed, why only during these monumental events centered around Jesus?
Why are are there not a plethora of other paintings with UFO? Why only the Chrisitian ones from the medieval times?
It could be the space ship that brought Jesus from his home planet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal