Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2014, 11:47 PM

8,551 posts, read 10,975,842 times

Advertisements

I am thinking it may be a latent physic power coming to the surface.
For some time now, I have been able to focus in on tragedies (usually a missing person, or murder), and more often than not, know what happened to the missing person, or who was guilty of a murder.

Some odd events have happened within the last few days that have me thinking my physic power is taking the forefront.
I have a friend that has a small terrier who was quite old, and has physical problems.
I had not seen my friend, or his dog for perhaps 6 months, and never gave either of them a second thought.
Three days ago, while driving back from an errand, out of the blue, the thought of that dog crossed my mind.
I wondered if my friend had, at some point, put the dog down, knowing how old and frail it was.
The following morning I received a call from that friend asking if he could take his dog to just any vet to have him put down.
He wasn't sure, and knowing I care for my dog faithfully, he thought I would know.

That was weird, but not the end of things.
Later on that same day, for no apparent reason, I was thinking of an old time actor, who has long since passed.
I have no idea why I thought about him
His name was Walter Brennan.
An hour or so had gone by, and I turned on the tv to relax for a while.
The tv was tuned to a station that plays lots of classic shows.
When the screen came into focus, guess who was the first person on the screen.

Yep, Walter Brennan.
I remember years ago, he made a recording called "Old Rivers".
The following morning I had to run an errand, and when I accidentally changed stations on the car radio by pushing the wrong button on the remote, Old Rivers" was playing on that station.

One more item of interest.
Now this one goes way back to the days of Roy Rogers, and Dale Evans.
As a kid, I grew up watching them on tv.
If you're around my age, you probably watched many of their shows.
There use to be a sidekick of Roy's named Gabby Hayes.
He was an elderly guy, and had a face one could never forget.

For some unknown reason, I had a brief thought of that show, and the three of them.
This was yesterday in the early evening.
Later on last night I was on a web sight that has links to thousands of songs from the twenties right up to the nineties..

I clicked on a song I remember from the early sixties done by the Beatles.
When the new page loaded, instead of the Beatles, it was a video of Roy Rogers,and Dale Evans,singing "Happy Trails".
As the video played out, there he was, in all his glory, sitting beside Roy and Dale.
It was Gabby Hayes.

These events really have me wondering.
I am Wondering why and how they happened, and why these people who have long since passed would creep into my mind.

Bob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2014, 02:58 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,671,533 times
There are times when my psychic awareness is on overdrive, and then times when it is hibernating. Have you eliminated anything from your diet? Stop any kinds of medications? Started new meds, found a new favorite food? Moved your bed? Something new in your home that is old and could have some sort of psychic energy attached?

Now all the old people stuff, the song, show and stuff is a little different than think of your friend and dog. All are psychic impressions, but I think the nostalgic bits may carry some sort of message. Like some sort of sign or omen, or maybe someone from the other side is trying to talk to you or show you something.
Try talking back or ask for a specific sign- I would pick something related or of the era.

Many of my psychic impressions are also around death, or some sort of accident. Not sure why that is. Thankfully it's not limited to just bad news.

Stay aware and take note of the 'feeling' that comes along with these 'random' thoughts, as it will assist you in recognizing impressions from just mind dribble.
Keep a log of these events, and add anything you may think is an impression.

Read up on the specific psychic sense of being a claircognizant. Which is the mental impressions as compared to the other clairs- voyant, sentance, audiant, etc.

Old 11-26-2014, 03:28 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,441,091 times
Seems like you do have something, pretty cool!

Old 11-26-2014, 11:42 PM

19,706 posts, read 20,236,139 times
I agree with OwlKaMyst- write these things down!! I have moments when wild stuff like this happens, but just like dreams & bright ideas, the details will eventually fade into a distant memory.. I had a day or so last month where synchronicities were happening in twos, even to the point where the last 2 ~things~ were just a matter of seconds apart. I wish now I had made note of the date and all so I could've @ least looked into the astrological influences ocurring..

Old 11-27-2014, 02:16 PM

22,471 posts, read 11,995,014 times
A few years back I became friends with a woman who was intuitive. During the time she was in my life, my own psychic abilities became enhanced---and I loved that it was happening to me! It was also nice to be able to have conversations with someone who understood.

The interesting thing was that while she picked up things about me, when it came to herself she was clueless. For example, she got involved with a guy and had a whirlwind courtship with him, even moving to the other end of the country for him. My gut was telling me that she was moving too fast. He took an overseas job that was to last a year. She moved to his hometown not knowing anyone who wasn't in his immediate family. I gently suggested to her that she not move and be near her own friends and family. She wouldn't hear of it. Sure enough, while he was away he decided to dump her. At that point, she really flaked out, said she needed a break from me because I reminded her of him (ummm...why?) and promised that she would eventually get back in touch. I haven't heard from her since.

My psychic abilities have not been as strong as they were when we were friends. Now, my psychic thoughts only show up sporadically. I wish that I could have them be stronger once again.

So, OP --- could your experiences also be heightened because you are now around someone who is intuitive?

Something to ponder...just my two cents.

Old 11-27-2014, 03:21 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,552,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
A few years back I became friends with a woman who was intuitive. During the time she was in my life, my own psychic abilities became enhanced---and I loved that it was happening to me! It was also nice to be able to have conversations with someone who understood.

The interesting thing was that while she picked up things about me, when it came to herself she was clueless. For example, she got involved with a guy and had a whirlwind courtship with him, even moving to the other end of the country for him. My gut was telling me that she was moving too fast. He took an overseas job that was to last a year. She moved to his hometown not knowing anyone who wasn't in his immediate family. I gently suggested to her that she not move and be near her own friends and family. She wouldn't hear of it. Sure enough, while he was away he decided to dump her. At that point, she really flaked out, said she needed a break from me because I reminded her of him (ummm...why?) and promised that she would eventually get back in touch. I haven't heard from her since.

My psychic abilities have not been as strong as they were when we were friends. Now, my psychic thoughts only show up sporadically. I wish that I could have them be stronger once again.

So, OP --- could your experiences also be heightened because you are now around someone who is intuitive?

Something to ponder...just my two cents.
Similar to the Cobblers syndrome. My own experiences started after having nuclear medicine, you can shut in down on your own. Am able to read energy instantly and know things I can't change.
When it comes to myself, not so, pretty much nonexistent, theres probably a good explanation for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal