Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 06:52 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,808,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
They said that the page numbers were added later, I believe 1600s.
Thanks everyone for the page number addition information. I was wondering what was going on there. Where I got the windmill image is because someone has already identified this page ( below) as the galaxy. But the way it was drawn ( was in a circle) as the author was looking down on it ( as I noticed that in my first post) So, if the author was doing the same thing with the windmill, it would appear to be going in a circular motion if looking down on it and drawing it. This author person has a "thing" with circles.

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 12-08-2014 at 07:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2014, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken S. View Post
In the p.75 posted above one can see the same or similar words repeated many times, in some cases 3 or 4 on the same line. These usually start with the "4". For example, the 9th and 10th lines from the bottom.
The author is writing in circles too. Seventy-Five percent of this book is a circle ( or has circles in it) All of his flowers in the index .. if you draw a circle around them.. they are right back to the main page of the zodiac and galaxy.. It's all circles.. His writing is circles.

I wonder if anyone can divide or multiply these letters by seven. ( so they don't appear to be congested) The stars are seven sided. Also, with some pictures of the girls.. there are seven in the group ( but there are other pictures more often than seven.. most often 10 and 12)

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 12-08-2014 at 07:44 PM..

Old 12-08-2014, 08:51 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,522,788 times
Quote:
SEVEN
There was an important underlying ethnic meaning to this number, because in Aztec mythology there had been seven original Chichimec tribes in the legendary place of Chicomoztoc (or Place of the Seven Caves). Seven is also an earth-bound number. There is a strong sense of association with the divine character of earth through the existence of female earth goddesses like Chicomecóatl (Seven-Serpent) and Chicomexóchitl (Seven-Flower), protector of farmers.
‘Magic’ numbers

Old 12-08-2014, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken S. View Post
There is some truth to that. Author is into 7's, and distancing ( almost omitting) the 5's, to make the complete 12. If I look at the windmill ( if that is what it is) I bet there are 12 blades on it. Of-course I'm looking at all the 7's, distant 5's and 12's as well and I am going in a circle! ( Mega circles ) Anyway- break time.

P.S. One of the articles said someone had identified one of the plants as "cotton", or "Kooton".

Edit: I was wrong.. it looks like another 10, but I am not sure if he/she is counting the spaces. I had no idea how numerical this manuscript was/is or the strong emphasis on numbers (organization/clarity) for the early/mid 1400's.

Also: The word "Kooton" even has two circles in it. ( although they are o's)-- So many circles... it must have been the language as well.

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 12-08-2014 at 10:32 PM..

Old 12-09-2014, 01:37 AM

1,385 posts, read 1,522,788 times
One of the "stars" has eight points, some have six.

It's interesting in the blurb about "seven" I quoted, the names of the goddesses change by modifying in a certain part of the word: "female earth goddesses like Chicomecóatl (Seven-Serpent) and Chicomexóchitl (Seven-Flower), protector of farmers." In the p.75 mentioned about there are similar words three or four times in some cases in the same line, the slight variation being the character(s) just before the last character, usually the cone that looks like a "9". I'm sure this hasn't gone unnoticed and has been explained in a more knowledgeable manner than I can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal