U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2014, 07:05 PM

6,932 posts, read 10,806,867 times

Advertisements

According to medical science, the definition of life is having began at conception. Which totally defies the order and statutes of astrology which assigns the human race to 12 different signs according to birth date. That should tell you everything right there.
Rate this post positively

Old 12-17-2014, 07:13 PM

2,328 posts, read 116 times
so im` not really a Sagittarius even though i was born this friday .. AHHHHH !!!!!!

Old 12-18-2014, 12:09 AM

3,751 posts, read 6,744,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
According to medical science, the definition of life is having began at conception. Which totally defies the order and statutes of astrology which assigns the human race to 12 different signs according to birth date. That should tell you everything right there.
Astrology does not doubt or dismiss life at conception. There is actually a form of astrology that is based on conception. However, astrology uses birth because it is that first breath that is the spark that brings that life into a place that is the self, independent of another (the mother).

It has also been shown, in a scientific study by Professor Dougals MacMahon, that time of birth in mammals has an influence on personality.

And studies have also been done on the characteristics in people born at night vs those born during the day.
We are affected by our environment near and far more than we know. We are just now starting to understand light pollution and how it messes with our body chemestry and natural rhythms.

Old 12-18-2014, 12:48 AM

20,301 posts, read 23,869,696 times
Delineating even a birth date, even with no time of birth, and discovering someone's placements, is equivalent to doing an identity theft. Even myself, I wouldn't take kindly to someone doing something like that to me behind my back! A bit scary, you bet! Particularly, if I was on an online dating site, I stupidly displayed my birthdate, and someone took that knowledge to manipulate me, in not a good way!

Even the most professional astrologers get stumped trying to guess someone's sun sign, as there's the rising sign (Ascendant) and, particularly the moon, to cloud over, or completely block out, one's sun sign. Those with watery sun signs (Scorpio/Cancer/Pisces), along with an airy moon, just try and guess their sun sign sometime! Good luck, as air dehydrates water!

In the nursing profession, I'm surrounded with strongly flavored Cancerians and Virgo's, and at one point, on the night shift, I was working with 4 other Cancerian aides, a Cancerian nurse, each one differentiated by their moon signs. And the nightmare nurses to work with are those with their moons in Cancer! All those never-ending, uncontrollable insecurities which can never be arrested!!

What scares me, sometimes, at work is when I stumble across a workers birthdate (Yup! Someone innocently saying something like: It's my birthday today, I just turned 26!), curiosity gets the better of me, I now look at this person more studiously than before, and some day, it may happen: "I get the feeling you know something about me you're not telling me about!"

Old 12-18-2014, 01:09 AM

2,438 posts, read 2,385,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Delineating even a birth date, even with no time of birth, and discovering someone's placements, is equivalent to doing an identity theft. Even myself, I wouldn't take kindly to someone doing something like that to me behind my back! A bit scary, you bet! Particularly, if I was on an online dating site, I stupidly displayed my birthdate, and someone took that knowledge to manipulate me, in not a good way!

Even the most professional astrologers get stumped trying to guess someone's sun sign, as there's the rising sign (Ascendant) and, particularly the moon, to cloud over, or completely block out, one's sun sign. Those with watery sun signs (Scorpio/Cancer/Pisces), along with an airy moon, just try and guess their sun sign sometime! Good luck, as air dehydrates water!

In the nursing profession, I'm surrounded with strongly flavored Cancerians and Virgo's, and at one point, on the night shift, I was working with 4 other Cancerian aides, a Cancerian nurse, each one differentiated by their moon signs. And the nightmare nurses to work with are those with their moons in Cancer! All those never-ending, uncontrollable insecurities which can never be arrested!!

What scares me, sometimes, at work is when I stumble across a workers birthdate (Yup! Someone innocently saying something like: It's my birthday today, I just turned 26!), curiosity gets the better of me, I now look at this person more studiously than before, and some day, it may happen: "I get the feeling you know something about me you're not telling me about!"
\

BBM My sun sign is easy. My sun and moon are in Leo and I am a leo, with an ascendant In Sag. My sun is not hidden by the moon, because they are the same. I am fast.. and I too have problems with Cancers. I love their sentimentality but sometimes they really over use it. Some people don't see them as stubborn ( and I am certainly not one to talk) but they are stubborn with things like getting go.. I have Virgo in my chart too so... it keeps me grounded is about all or focussed.. otherwise, I'd fly away

I use to be interesrted in astrology but I haven't been in several years. I figured out most of tarot ( for me) goes on emotions and can change so very easily ( much like emotions but are situations that are very slight) That they really aren't worth notating becuase they are too critical to detail ( Detail, can change on a dime)

I don't put that much stock into astrology but I am very familiar with the patterns/personalities of the signs. As far as your boyfriend, I wouldn't have had to look at what was in his 12th house to figure out he was an alcoholic but the main thing is you realized it.

Old 12-18-2014, 04:42 PM

12,445 posts, read 12,368,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
...Does Astrology scare you at times?
The folks who believe in it scare me.

Old 12-18-2014, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
The folks who believe in it scare me.
Astrology is way back there. Look at the history books. People built sundials and have looked at the sky since the beginning of time. Nostradamus was no joke.

Old 12-18-2014, 07:47 PM

You're welcome, OP ( I got your comment , I just don't know how to do the comment on the reputation) The main thing in life, or any spread, is to look for balance and not someone that going to leave you in left field.

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 12-18-2014 at 08:34 PM..

Old 12-18-2014, 08:56 PM

17,672 posts, read 8,051,201 times
Astrology doesn't scare me. Rather I find it interesting. I'd love to have my chart read yet again.

When I was in college I had a friend who was really into astrology. I'm a Leo but not a typical Leo. When I pointed this out to my friend, she said that she wouldn't be surprised if Taurus was my rising sign. Sure enough---she was right. When I read all the nice things that the late Linda Goodman had to say about Tauruses, I told her that I was flattered that she thought that this was my rising sign and quite impressed that my friend figured it out.

Old 12-18-2014, 09:00 PM

20,301 posts, read 23,869,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
\

BBM My sun sign is easy. My sun and moon are in Leo and I am a leo, with an ascendant In Sag. My sun is not hidden by the moon, because they are the same. I am fast.. and I too have problems with Cancers. I love their sentimentality but sometimes they really over use it. Some people don't see them as stubborn ( and I am certainly not one to talk) but they are stubborn with things like getting go.. I have Virgo in my chart too so... it keeps me grounded is about all or focussed.. otherwise, I'd fly away
Fire and earth lends itself to steam-rollers, a great combination for entrepreneurs, business owners. Earth is averse to taking risks, Fire entails risk-taking, and it takes the two to tangle! And tangle they do, internally! Earth: Nope! Let's keep the money in the bank for a rainy day! Fire: Let's spend it now, I might not be alive next year!

I have that Fire/Earth combo myself, but, unfortunately, I'm overloaded with Earth, with my Moon, Mercury, Mars and Saturn all in Earth, all there to gang up on my Fiery Aries sun sign. Too often, my fiery sun sign is so weighed down with Earth, it can't even breath! Doesn't help either I have a Sun/Neptune opposition! So with a combination like this, I have a part-time secure earthy job and a part-time entrepreneur job. Was a full-time entrepreneur for 5 years and it almost drove me to madness, the worrying, the worrying, that feast or famine syndrome!

My heart goes out to the un-grounded, no earth in their charts! The earthier types will have no patience/empathy for these people, forever trying to lecture them on how to manage their $$, which is, oftentimes, an impossible task! Best, the ungrounded have a grounded partner to pick up their paychecks on Friday, or the money may be spent before they arrive home! That's my un-grounded brother, his wife picks up the paycheck and is the financial manager!

A scary thought! What if my brother's wife precedes him in death? It'll be a fast trip to bankruptcy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.