Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 02:30 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,673,454 times

Advertisements

Great post D, could not rep you again quite yet.

Old 12-22-2014, 05:48 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
My question, why astrology would be perceived as scary?

Beyond reading magazine horoscopes, compatibility with a partner or generalized sun sign information, the average person doesn't delve further. It's much to complex.

Old 12-22-2014, 06:08 PM

3,507 posts, read 765,449 times
i used to read my horrible scope daily .. then i got to seeing a pattern ..
monday it read " good things are going to happen to you today "
tuesday it read " expect good things today "
wednsday it read ..." things will be looking up for you today "
thursday it read .. " today things will be looking up for you "
friday it read ,,, " look up for good things today "
saturday it read .'.today look up for good things "
sunday it read >. read all others "

Old 12-22-2014, 06:27 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,810,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSS429 View Post
i used to read my horrible scope daily .. then i got to seeing a pattern ..
monday it read " good things are going to happen to you today "
tuesday it read " expect good things today "
wednsday it read ..." things will be looking up for you today "
thursday it read .. " today things will be looking up for you "
friday it read ,,, " look up for good things today "
saturday it read .'.today look up for good things "
sunday it read >. read all others "
So funny! Mine was..

Monday it read * good things come to those that wait
Tuesday it read * wait for good things to happen on this day
Wednesday it read * Stay in a world of amazement and and good things will happen
Thursday it read * Blessings come to those who wait*
Friday it read * Quanity over Quality... relax and take a warm bath today
Satyrday it read * Don't plan anything to unnecessary today. Everything will come to those that WAIT
Sunday it read * Patience is a vertue on this date

Old 12-22-2014, 07:29 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,952,353 times
I don't think people are afraid or scared of Astrology as much as they are afraid of the people who believe it.

Old 12-22-2014, 07:42 PM

23,222 posts, read 29,044,905 times
To those who are only focusing on their sun signs can be compared to saying: I'm a General Motors car! What kind? Cadillac? Chevy Spark? Corvette? Buick? A Hybrid?

Or comparable to saying I'm an American. What kind? American-Italian, American-German, African-American, American-Polish, Chinese-American, Latin-American, Latin-American with some Jewish and German blood, French-American with some Asian blood?

As long as Astrology has been around, I'm dumbstruck that so many people haven't graduated beyond looking merely at their sun signs. It's like focusing on a person's head, and ignoring the other features of the human body!

At least! At least! Go beyond the sun sign, peek at one's moon sign (which can overshadow the sun sign) or look at the Ascendant!

With Astrology it entails something a bit scary, especially to the formally educated (formal education over-emphasizes the left side of the brain: reason, logic, intellect) and that translates to taking a trip to the right side of the brain, entailing intelligence/intuition!

Old 12-22-2014, 07:56 PM

23,222 posts, read 29,044,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Hey now. Don't make my Scorpio ascendant and Scorpio moon angry!

Seriously though, when I was a child, I overheard my mother on the phone telling a friend that every time she tried to punish me, I gave her an intense "drop dead" look and seemed to look right into her.

It unnerved her.
I made an omission in that post, I should have added Moon in Pisces as well. But scary in a different way! Here's the moon sign where you stand completely naked before them, they can see right through you like a pane of glass. And don't try lying to them, they'll see right through it, and, spookily, may show a faint smile after you tell them a lie!

Yes, when a Scorpio Moon gives me that look, it's like staring right into the eyes of a police officer, as if I'm under investigation for a crime! And you almost want to confess to the crime you never committed, just to end the torture!

Old 12-22-2014, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I made an omission in that post, I should have added Moon in Pisces as well. But scary in a different way! Here's the moon sign where you stand completely naked before them, they can see right through you like a pane of glass. And don't try lying to them, they'll see right through it, and, spookily, may show a faint smile after you tell them a lie!

Yes, when a Scorpio Moon gives me that look, it's like staring right into the eyes of a police officer, as if I'm under investigation for a crime! And you almost want to confess to the crime you never committed, just to end the torture!

So true--

That was a good illustration. Repped both of you. ( Actually both posts were very good, and you said them both) so I could only rep one.

Last edited by thegreenflute334; 12-22-2014 at 08:39 PM..

Old 12-22-2014, 08:43 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
To those who are only focusing on their sun signs can be compared to saying: I'm a General Motors car! What kind? Cadillac? Chevy Spark? Corvette? Buick? A Hybrid?

Or comparable to saying I'm an American. What kind? American-Italian, American-German, African-American, American-Polish, Chinese-American, Latin-American, Latin-American with some Jewish and German blood, French-American with some Asian blood?

As long as Astrology has been around, I'm dumbstruck that so many people haven't graduated beyond looking merely at their sun signs. It's like focusing on a person's head, and ignoring the other features of the human body!

At least! At least! Go beyond the sun sign, peek at one's moon sign (which can overshadow the sun sign) or look at the Ascendant!

With Astrology it entails something a bit scary, especially to the formally educated (formal education over-emphasizes the left side of the brain: reason, logic, intellect) and that translates to taking a trip to the right side of the brain, entailing intelligence/intuition!
Yep. Interest isn't there for everyone, it takes an intense water placement somewhere in the chart and analytic ability of earth to motivate further digging, what keeps me a regular in the crime forum. Folks pop in the thread posting the interest rather bizarre.

Old 12-22-2014, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Yep. Interest isn't there for everyone, it takes an intense water placement somewhere in the chart and analytic ability of earth to motivate further digging, what keeps me a regular in the crime forum. Folks pop in the thread posting the interest rather bizarre.

True. I think mine is Scorpio ( if I remember right). I wouldn't be blessed with Cancer or Pisces. and don't think they are very strong in my chart. I am not an earth person although I love greens and golds ( royalty) I LOVE ART! I need water actually.. it's good for me because it cools me down. Makes me laugh and not be so serious all the time. One of my relatives does readings and has about three books on Amazon that SHE has written, i need to give her a call. She said I could do what she does, but I just never have. Her mentor is a top guy in Dallas... now THAT person is who I want to see ( for something different). Actually I just need to visit Dallas. I love it at Christmas.

The relative that I am talking about is distant through a relationship in the death of her cousin, so we are not joined at the hip or anything but she is a wonderful person. I don't want to release her name on here. She had to say Scorpio because the other two don't fit. ( Curiosity has started-lol)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal