Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2014, 10:28 AM

4,749 posts, read 4,322,571 times

Advertisements

I believe that I was a mermaid in my past life.

Before we were born, we were just a fetus. And before that, embryo. And even before that, we were just a bunch of sex cells.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2014, 01:06 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,942,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Have you heard of the Akashic Records ?

I have often considered there being past lives lived, but also just the ability to tap into all of history and recall memories as an explanation for what is called past life memories.
Some wild speculations follow ...

Something like the Akashic Records could also explain a number of other paranormal experiences (for example, if the "records" spanned all time past and future, it might be possible to read forward as well as backward, which would explain precognition). Though I think if these records did exist, there would be a naturalistic explanation for them and that would be tied into the nature of consciousness.

I suspect if you gathered data on "hauntings" of the passive type you'd find that the further back in time you go, the scarcer the reports of hauntings related to the time period. It seems from the stuff I've read that most hauntings are related to events in the past century or so, but earlier than the Middle Ages, the frequency drops off. I almost never hear about hauntings from prehistory, or "ghosts" of Cro-Magnons or Neanderthals. And precognition is relatively infrequent, perhaps there's an energy (or information entropy) gradient that makes the data related to older "hauntings" more difficult to access, and views into the future records rare.

Quote:
But then, after having a past life reading and being told of the injury that took my life- and then several months later discovering a faint birthmark in the exact location and in the exact shape for that kind of injury....
I'm inclined to think we do reincarnate, but may also be able to tap into the collective sub/un/consciousness.
Or, the reader tapped into the "Universal Consciousness", read your memories related to your birthmark, and subconsciously developed a back story for it based on his/her belief in past lives. Point I'm making being, even if one restricts explanations to the paranormal, there's more than one hypothesis that can explain the observed data. But from an objective/scientific perspective, I don't think they're falsifiable (at least with what we know now) so we're left with a set of odd experiences that can't be explained within our current metaphysical framework.

End wild speculation.

Old 12-23-2014, 03:48 PM

1,788 posts, read 1,172,079 times
Was just sitting here thinking as I was reading the different replies and then considered what some think when they read what I've written. So I put myself in your shoes for a moment and...

I'm not nuts- lol.

I guess what I mean is. I'm in my 50's now. I've never pushed any specific religion since I've used the net (lots of thoughts, but never any specific religion) and what I'm getting at is. These things, that seem crazy and wild to you, that I mention, are mentioned because I find them to be true in my walk of life. I'm not looking for a following, nor trying to lead anyone down the path of a certain religion. I say what I say because of what I've seen and learned. What I've heard and learned. What I've found and learned. It's a whole process of everything. Not just any particular thing. And all of it is true to what it claims to be. I find no lie in it. Don't get me wrong. I stumble all over the path I so desperately try and follow. Every single day I fail, every day. In fact if you really knew me, you'd call me a hypocrite and I'm sorry for that. I don't mean to be, but I am human like you and every other person on this planet, but no matter what I get back up and brush myself off and keep trying to be the way I believe I should be. And it's because of all of this that I've learned and know to be true... I find myself telling others. You have to stand and be true to what you claim to be or what worth have you?

~IMO

Old 12-23-2014, 06:27 PM

833 posts, read 657,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattE View Post
I respect other people's opinions on the matter, my belief though is that we live many different lives throughout many different time periods and each one allows us to learn and keep learning until we get to the point of a Higher Self in which you become complete. God/Creator, or whatever people what to call him, created a great perfect system to be appreciated and to live in it.
I couldn't agree more. We are here to evolve. For those who wish to know more feel free to check out yogani and AYP on the web.

Old 12-23-2014, 07:43 PM

3,751 posts, read 7,672,460 times
Quote:
Or, the reader tapped into the "Universal Consciousness", ...
That's what I was getting at in my final sentance. I failed to include a few key words that would have made that more clear.
Quote:
....read your memories related to your birthmark, and subconsciously developed a back story for it based on his/her belief in past lives.
I was not aware of this birthmark until -after- the reading had been done. This would not have been a birthmark I had forgotten about because the location is not an area that is easily seen. The only reason I finally noticed it was because I was, not wearing a shirt and trying to cut my hair, something I have done only twice in my life and the first time I just put it in a ponytail at the top of my head and chopped it off. This time I was using two mirrors to see my back. Upon lifting my arm and holding up my hair, and there it was.

And another thing, just a side note; her reading was 'unbelievable' to her as well, as it did not fit into her perception of past lives.
The whole experience was for sure mind-boggling and did a good job of stirring up what beliefs (aka explanation speculations) I lean towards.

Old 12-23-2014, 07:45 PM

720 posts, read 705,543 times
*Nothing*....

Old 12-23-2014, 08:04 PM

94 posts, read 116,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
I believe that I was a mermaid in my past life.

Before we were born, we were just a fetus. And before that, embryo. And even before that, we were just a bunch of sex cells.
and before sex cells?

Old 12-24-2014, 02:29 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,942,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
I was not aware of this birthmark until -after- the reading had been done. ...
The whole experience was for sure mind-boggling and did a good job of stirring up what beliefs (aka explanation speculations) I lean towards.
OK, that *is* peculiar.

Old 12-28-2014, 07:22 PM

2,416 posts, read 2,023,324 times
Probably nothing.

Old 12-30-2014, 07:14 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,938,161 times
I believe that life is fully physical and that before the brain develops there is no consciousness. I believe a miscarriage is just another form of death and that it ultimately ends in nothingness. I believe that the existence of the individual is finite. Ghosts if they exist are an unknown entity not connected to the consciousness of the once living.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal