U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2015, 03:19 PM

7,042 posts, read 3,520,224 times

Advertisements

This text message was not typed by me and somehow got onto the new message to my buddy by accident and got sent by accident. I could not find where it exists on my mobile but must be a message I sent to someone in January last year.

I would have had to have accidentally scrolled the original recipients message list to that message then accidentally touched the screen to get options then accidentally touched the 'forward' tab then somehow accidentally type the new recipients name.

Yet the source of the message is nowhere to be found! It must be on my mobile somewhere.

And all this while the mobile was lying on my desk! I received a text and saw a draft message which I attempted to clear. I saw what I thought was an erroneously sent part message sent to me so I told the 'sender' there had been some mistake then to my surprise the message turned out to be mine! I must have sent it instead of clearing it - common enough. But while I was typing the new message?

Another oddity about this is that it refers to my late son. I was telling someone when they could view his body in January last year. At the time of the accidental sending I was thinking of him and thinking to myself if only he could send me a sign! That part is weird!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2015, 07:52 PM

17,589 posts, read 8,010,339 times
I'm so sorry for your loss.

From what you wrote, it is entirely possible that he was sending you the sign you asked for.

Old 01-01-2015, 09:07 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,380,783 times
I understand what you are saying but I somehow want to convey that Denver's death is coming up on the year mark. This message is from Jan 1, 2014 and today is Jan 1, 2015. May angels surround you in the next coming days, but it sounds like they already have. HUGS 303!

Old 01-02-2015, 02:16 AM

Thank you, BOS2IAD. I did wonder that but have no way of knowing for sure, one way or the other. I just can't see how I could have occidentally resent such an old message.

Thank you, thegreenflute334. Yes it is anniversary time. He took his life on the 14th of January last year. I would have sent that message originally about a week later. I still haven't found the original. I last saw him on the 28th of December 2013. It's been a strange time for me.

Old 01-02-2015, 10:51 PM

I found the original message. It got a bit corrupted as one can see. That indicates it was not a case of accidentally resending it. Notice that both the corruptions follow the times.

Last edited by 303Guy; 01-02-2015 at 11:06 PM..

Old 01-03-2015, 12:54 AM

I had a medium once tell me that those who crossed over try to get our attention through "electronics".

A few years after my mother passed, I was thinking about her one day and talking to her. She used to like those hand held video poker machines. I have one and hadn't used it in months. That day, the thing came on without my touching it. I knew it was her.

Recently, I was thinking about my brother who passed away almost 2 years ago. Suddenly, our landline phone rang twice, then stopped. I looked at the caller ID and it said "no calls". I let my brother know it was good to hear from him.

I have more stories but just wanted to let you know that this is your son's way of getting in touch with you. It is my hope that this incident brings you some comfort.

Old 01-03-2015, 02:00 AM

Thanks.

Old 01-03-2015, 03:15 PM

5,128 posts, read 6,395,403 times
Speaking of electronic messages from the other side . . .

My business partner and I have been in business together since 2002. Back in 2002, he owned a business that was winding down, so he was casting about for ideas on what to do next. Money was getting tight.

One day, he was searching for something on the Internet, and a pop-up ad appeared. He closed it down, and it popped up again. He closed it down two more times, but to his frustration, it kept popping up.

So he decided to click on the ad. It was a company that was doing something he'd never heard of and he became intrigued. It was different from what he'd done in the past, yet still in the same overall field.

He contacted the company and we both went to work for them on a casual freelance basis. I felt the way they went about business was inefficient, but we persisted for a while.

One day, he realized that since he already owned a highly visible web site, he could literally do what they were doing and do it better. So he set out to find his own suppliers and we were practically in business overnight because we didn't have to start from scratch with the web site ranking. We grew very fast.

While there have been ups and downs, the business is still going 13 years later . . . all because of a pop-up ad.

Old 01-03-2015, 05:56 PM

^Does he have any idea who it was on the other side that sent him this sign?

Old 01-04-2015, 04:11 PM

5,128 posts, read 6,395,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
^Does he have any idea who it was on the other side that sent him this sign?
No, because the other side didn't tell us.

Seriously though, it could be a deceased relative or a personal guide - whoever is there guiding us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal