Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 11:27 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,383,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocco View Post
would an old soul be the type to take such a quiz?
Pretty much what I was thinking. Seekers, yes. Old souls I wouldn't think would need to take such a quiz to know if they are or notl!

And for sure an old soul wouldn't WRITE such a quiz, so how does the quiz writer know what constitutes an old soul well enough to write the quiz?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2015, 02:53 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
I'm just sayin...I never took the quiz.

Old 01-02-2015, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post

And for sure an old soul wouldn't WRITE such a quiz, so how does the quiz writer
know what constitutes an old soul
well enough to write the quiz?
Doesn't.... but he can dream can't he !?

He is headed in the right direction.

We could have had: Take the quiz... see the chances of you being a mugger.

The direction is very important...

Old 01-02-2015, 05:18 PM

10 posts, read 12,772 times
I don't believe an old soul would spend too much time worrying whether or not he/she is an old soul. Nor would an old soul try to measure another person's soul.

That's best left to God to measure our souls, I believe.

There are people who seem to be "old souls" at first glance, but that doesn't mean they are. And it's not really a fair assessment to say an obnoxious person isn't an old soul, even if they're obnoxious all the time.

That's really making judgments of other people, which is something we all do. But that's a far cry from measuring someone's soul, including our own.

What I'd like to know is how someone turns out purely evil in this life, against the odds to be a horrible human being. That doesn't depend on age of his/her soul. It's a heart thing. Why God allows evil to flourish and exist I wish there was an explanation for that, so if there is something we could learn to prevent evil that we would be able to.

I feel like an old soul some days. Other days I feel like a young soul. Either way, we have all eternity to get through - so how old is old when we live forever? At least some of us - evil souls are promised destruction. But God is the arbiter to decide whether we pass go or go directly to jail, in eternity.

Old 01-02-2015, 05:22 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,636,607 times
The old soul see's the quiz creator's thought process in each question and how to answer the questions to ace the quiz and also how pointless such a quiz is in the first place. It's a great way to feed the spiritual ego that so many today are stuck in.

"Ooohh, I'm a 90%, I'm spiritually advanced, a old soul, special". Tasty ego food.

Old 01-02-2015, 06:09 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,157,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
From all that I have read...and that has been alot over decades...
their aren't 'old souls or baby souls'...just
quick learners and slow learners!
Or advanced souls and... let's see what word have I heard used for the stupid ones...
oh... stupid.

Bless their little hearts!
Yes ...... to say someone is an old soul, is to refer to the amount of time incarnating into this particular world, in my opinion. They have a lot of wisdom in dealing with Earth situations and developing wisdom in this venue since they've stayed here so long ...... so you could say they're kind of dumb in the sense of not learning their lessons quickly and moving on to experience another world.

Old 01-02-2015, 08:50 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,050,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
The old soul see's the quiz creator's thought process in each question and how to answer the questions to ace the quiz and also how pointless such a quiz is in the first place. It's a great way to feed the spiritual ego that so many today are stuck in.

"Ooohh, I'm a 90%, I'm spiritually advanced, a old soul, special". Tasty ego food.
Spot on. And I'll add that, metaphorically, that when you are wading in a 10-inch deep pool most of your life, a 4-footer looks like an ocean.

Old 01-02-2015, 09:04 PM

6,380 posts, read 6,270,742 times
88% old soul.

Old 01-03-2015, 06:28 AM

Quote:
I don't believe an old soul would spend too
much time worrying whether or not he/she is an old soul.
Nor would an old soul try to measure another .
Ah, one of the words always on my wish list of being eliminated ...along
with unbelievable and
coincidence....
worry is the biggest, however....Why?
The more said it programs the subconscious mind again and again
that is is 'normal' and 'ok' to worry...when it is NOT...it is a useless thought pattern...
esp since there is not one thing to ever 'worry' about. (I haven't since 1/2006 when I first
opened a Bible and saw Jesus had a 'theme'...one was 'Do not worry, fear not, do not be afraid'!
An ah-ha moment of 'getting it'!

And old soul wouldn't have to try, neither would an immature soul...we all
have an inner sense of how much
love and kindness and contentment a person has in them...this is what constitutes
the progress of a person (soul), anyway, right?.

I don't think many would questioned that.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn; 01-03-2015 at 06:49 AM.. Reason: tipo

Old 01-03-2015, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Yes ...... to say someone is an old soul, is to refer to the amount of time incarnating into this particular world, in my opinion.
They have a lot of wisdom in dealing with Earth situations and developing wisdom
in this venue since they've stayed here so long ......
so you could say they're kind of dumb in the sense of not learning their lessons quickly and
moving on to experience another world.
Haha...now 'dumb' might not be exactly right ...our souls have much to learn...not
exactly 'lessons', per se.

In order to 'not come back here' there are some key understandings...not little lessons
anymore about murdering is bad, haha, selflessness or kindness to unlikeable people are good...
Way beyond those elementary things...Woof, you may super enjoy reading...
"The Disappearance of the Universe by Gary Renard...of ACIM fame ( A Course In Miracles).

In it it talks about what would be the understandings our minds would expand to or progress to
'getting' before not coming back here....it is very exciting stuff...lemme know if you do...
I'm on page 80 of 400! And wow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal