Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2013, 07:36 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times

Advertisements

I have gone to a couple Eckankar meetings very close to my home. I have driven past there place for
almost 30 YEARS! Ha!..I was invited
by a friend just wanting to investigate an Open to the Public chanting. He didn't go back.
I, however, felt a LOT of real love from the "faciltators',wow....the others attending were
searchers, some a bit lost and confused looking for connection. Nice people.
They don't care if u ever come back.
They seem to know that if you are meant to be there, cool...if it is not your thing, also fine.

Any personal experience? I did look it up online and have read exes stories...there are
Exes in every group "revealing what's behind the facade".

I'm not a "joiner"...don't really care for groups either...but dropping by has been
oddly very nice.

Thanx in advance.
Miss Hepburn

PS...They are into Soul Travel and big into Inner Masters, dreams....going to "other planes",
not exactly astral projection, they said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 08:15 AM

2,349 posts, read 5,433,402 times
Eckankar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 07-10-2013, 11:48 AM

Oh yeah, I've done so much research online it would fill volumes!
But the link helps others, thank you...

There's nothing like a person who has been in it for years.

My main issue is they say they don't worship the Mahanta....but they thank him
should a tow truck happen by to help them!

Mahanta: Made up word by Paul Twitchell for the Living Eck Master, presently in Minnesota, Harold Klemp...has diff name when you meet him on the other side or in dreams.
This is hard for me to swallow...but again...
"They are such nice people!"

Old 12-25-2014, 03:23 PM

1 posts, read 970 times
Eckankar is a religion of love, nothin more.

Old 01-02-2015, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroemmanuel View Post
Eckankar is a religion of love, nothin more.
Thank you...how do you know? Bec ...of the things online by old time participants....

I certainly felt alot there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal