U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2015, 07:06 PM

13,405 posts, read 7,145,332 times

Advertisements

Just awoke from an interesting dream. Well, it started out interesting and got strange after that.

I was working in my tool shed (which in reality I don't have anything close yet) which was barely set with a few pieces of large, powered equipment and oodles and oodles of tool boxes and loose tools.

Just as I get done with large red piece of equipment which raised metal from the floor, ran it along a track, bit off a piece of it, and then tossed that piece into a foundry (and repeat), a hologram appears in the form of Bob Crane, dressed as Colonel Hogan. Oh, and by the way, I'm a 70's Joanna Pettet with blonde hair, when it is released, falling between my rump and the back of my knees.

"Bob" starts off with a few bolts in his hand asking where the saw is. I idly throw my hand in the direction of the loose tools, asking him what kind he needs. "Oh, the basic honorable kind, what the judge would use.". I tell him he has to realize that I don't know this standard tool jargon.

All the while, the pale cat that is with me out there is huddled under a work bench or chair (to appear later in the dream), watching this strange scene.

I am about ready to head into the house and I tell Bob that, that he can converse with the other pieces of machinery there. They may not be as smart as him but they can perhaps tell him something. Bob then has a mop and bucket with him but then stops because he doesn't know where the water is (or can't access the water because he's a hologram; I guess it must be a line in his program because otherwise, how was he going to mop with it?).

I show him the basic spigot in the middle of the place, a pipe out of the cement and folding over about knee height. I tell him that one day it will be different, with an orderly arrangement of tools, things in their place, maybe even a walled bathroom and shower, maybe even a separate bedroom and then I stop because I find I am talking too much, telling too much, to this strange man.

Falling back on a leather chair that just appeared, throwing my feet up, glass of wine near by, cat under the chair, wondering what was going on, Bob with mop in hand, says that perhaps I have become too "comfortable" to my solitude with my animals and suddenly being with someone is upsetting to me.

Back to reality!

I know dreams seem long because of the absence of time in the mind, but this one was incredibly quick, occurring in the moments as I came to wakefulness. And I know why part of this dream happened because I am suppose to use this week to at least be talking with builders (but being on the tail end of a cold has grounded me). As such, I missed the REI garage sale (a source of TOOLS) yesterday and I just got done reading an Anna Pigeon national park ranger mystery, again a source of tools and sheds...and maybe the cat huddled underneath was Hecuba.

I watched "The Madness of King George" this afternoon and perhaps that and my house building plans (did have another dream about that) triggered a reflection of the Night Gallery episode "The House" that Joanna was in.

Since I've been down with a cold, I'm days behind on my diary and even further behind (like 78 pages) on the associated pictures. One of the pictures that was pasted in, though, shows Colonel Hogan and Klink in the office and it's a reference to the former saying "What are you worried about? You got me!". So there's a potential reference but if so, not sure what would trigger it since I haven't seen my diary since Friday. And for a hologram, I don't know.

Talk about your ghost stories!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2015, 08:19 PM

3,605 posts, read 5,359,097 times
People get weird dreams sometimes when they have a cold. None of that sounds very significant to me in any sort of paranormal sense.

Old 01-08-2015, 09:19 PM

13,405 posts, read 7,145,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
People get weird dreams sometimes when they have a cold. None of that sounds very significant to me in any sort of paranormal sense.
Hard to say, just that during this recovery time, I have been putting in a lot of sleep and have been often getting very vibrant dreams.

Ie, yesterday, I dreampt I was running with Nikita (Peta Wilson), we loaded up for bear, knocked over someplace, but then were worried what Section One would say about our lateness in getting back. I handled the explanation to Operations, saying "Nikita had to blow off some steam so we engaged a secondary target.". Operations nodded, accepted that, told me to keep an eye on her because apparently Walter had committed suicide the day before.

Not an odd dream but as said, a vibrant one, a fun one.

Today, lots of dreams about the past. Coming across an old Nat's Geo ad that had me and my siblings in a photo shoot. Finding a massive air museum about 20 miles to the east from where I live that I had been to years before. And one where the apartment I was renting for covert consenting adults rendezvous had been the site of a tragic family homicide and they were redoing the place every time I turned around.

Weird? Perhaps. Odd, not necessarily, and I can certainly see some triggers in them but haven't bothered to ID all of them. Just with all the sleep I'm getting, I'm not surprised.

By the way, I'm not on any medicine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal