Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 03:55 PM

2,459 posts, read 2,476,905 times

Advertisements

You couldn't pay me enough money to spend a night there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2015, 04:48 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,813,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Please go ahead and read the part of Carl Sagan's "THE DEMON HAUNTED WORLD about the dragon in my garage...

...Your idea is simply absurd. The article talked about giant wolves and football sized craft, which are not hard to document at all. Objects moving on their own can easily be filmed.
It works the other way too. Please prove the human mind perceives and comprehends the entire spectrum of all existence. While you're at it, prove the dragon in my garage doesn't exist in the 8th dimension. You are free to use quantum physics in your assessment.

Silly monkeys, think they know it all. Cats think they know it all too... must be an "earth thing".

Old 01-13-2015, 04:50 PM

Sorry, couldn't resist. Khaleesi is a hottie.

Old 01-14-2015, 07:24 AM

1,385 posts, read 1,523,861 times
He does seem a bit confused at times, doesn't he...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post

Old 01-15-2015, 03:51 AM

4,660 posts, read 4,119,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
It works the other way too. Please prove the human mind perceives and comprehends the entire spectrum of all existence. While you're at it, prove the dragon in my garage doesn't exist in the 8th dimension. You are free to use quantum physics in your assessment.

Silly monkeys, think they know it all. Cats think they know it all too... must be an "earth thing".
Look, anything is possible. It is a matter of what is likely. It is simply Occam's razor situation.

Or let me really get this down to the most basic level:

I was challenged to debunk this phenomenon. The problem is...there is nothing to debunk. You have every right to believe anything you want....Cheshire cats, whatever. But if no evidence is presented, there is nothing to debunk.

Last edited by cachibatches; 01-15-2015 at 04:00 AM..

Old 01-15-2015, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Look, anything is possible. It is a matter of what is likely. It is simply Occam's razor situation.

Or let me really get this down to the most basic level:

I was challenged to debunk this phenomenon. The problem is...there is nothing to debunk. You have every right to believe anything you want....Cheshire cats, whatever. But if no evidence is presented, there is nothing to debunk.
I can agree with that much, but concluding this is an "obvious hoax" with no basis in reality without even looking into it or offering any alternative for the Uintah Basin's LONG history of weirdness (of which "skinwalker ranch" is but one story) "is fightin' words" here in the spooky forum.

It might be a made-up story... I've been privy to plenty of unexplainable things while living here in Utah but I've never personally seen anything strange in the Uintah Basin (though I'm familiar with the local lore). It's definitely not proof... in the end it's just a story, though based on my own experiences with the paranormal it tends to ring true to me and matches well with other stories from the area over the past 100 + years.

Anyways... the point I'd like to communicate is that saying it's all crap because the claimed events are outside your understanding of what is and isn't reality is being pretty short-sighted, given our obviously limited perspective on the universe. To think a species of hairless bipedal ape that has barely come down from the trees (geologically speaking) and has been no further than their planet's moon but already knows everything about the nature of reality is absolutely ludicrous.

Last edited by Chango; 01-15-2015 at 12:37 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 01-20-2015, 07:32 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,238,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken S. View Post
He does seem a bit confused at times, doesn't he...?

What am i confused about?

Old 01-26-2015, 08:38 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
This place is certainly interesting. I've been to some strange places, here in NV, that cause me to not be a sceptic , about weirdness. Soldier Meadows , is such a place. It doesn't have such a sinister rep as this, but, I saw some strange stuff there. I've come to place some credibility into Indian tribal legends and lore.

Certain places are better left be.

Old 01-27-2015, 04:05 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
You couldn't pay me enough money to spend a night there.
No kidding. Me neither. The orbs and UFO stuff doesn't spook me, but wolves and other such critters...that's different. I e seen some quite...unnatural.. things like that. I sure didn't stock around to try and scientifically rationalize it, either. Besides, even as I sit , safe in my home, I still couldn't come up with any answers. Other than I won't go back to where I encountered these things.

My Indian friends tell me that's ...wise. What I saw at Soldier Meadows made a believer out of me, and this place in Utah is not something I would tempt fate with. At all. These places are guarded. The guards don't like it when their warnings are ignored. I'm not going go be one to push my luck.

Old 01-27-2015, 05:59 PM

2,966 posts, read 5,216,536 times
So how did this ranch get It's name? The name alone creeps me out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal